Habs vs Lightning, April 1

Neech

A stat on Desharnais that caught my eye: He has seven multi-point games since February 6th. Only Matt Duchene has more in that span. Has he ever turned his season around...

Glad we didn't get rid of him for the proverbial bag of pucks like many wanted to. You could argue that he has been our second half MVP

Montreal can clinch a playoff spot tonight...

- With a win over the Lightning;
- With an overtime point against the Lightning AND if the Capitals lose against the Stars;
- If the Capitals lose against the Stars in regulation time AND if the Devils lose to the Sabres.

A stat on Desharnais that caught my eye: He has seven multi-point games since February 6th. Only Matt Duchene has more in that span. Has he ever turned his season around...

Wow.

Nice to see that hard working dynamo reap some goal glory..:-)

• Upvote 1

That was a decent first period, save for the goal-mouth scramble that led to probably half of Tampa's shots in a 10-second span. (Nice job by Callahan to get a good shot while literally sitting on the ice.) Weaver has particularly stood out in a good way, he fits in perfectly as that 3rd pairing d-man. He knows his limitations and plays to his strengths well.

The Habs don't have the type of personnel to bully anyone, and when we try it tends to work out poorly.

I disagree. The Habs lose when they get into payback mode or respond to being bullied. Obviously, Stamkos and Callahan aren't going to be intimidated, but Tampa is the softest team in the league.

Especially when they have one of the biggest head cases in the league in Radko Gudas. I saw him get a game misconduct for getting squirted with a water bottle at the BB and T center. A guy like that is very easy to draw penalties against, and get off his game.

I disagree. The Habs lose when they get into payback mode or respond to being bullied. Obviously, Stamkos and Callahan aren't going to be intimidated, but Tampa is the softest team in the league.

Especially when they have one of the biggest head cases in the league in Radko Gudas. I saw him get a game misconduct for getting squirted with a water bottle at the BB and T center. A guy like that is very easy to draw penalties against, and get off his game.

Just because they're soft doesn't make us bullies.

Provoking headcases is and has always been a good strategy for this team, however.

Leaf fans good news.

Caps down 3-0

Bad news.

CBJ up 2-0

Chris Lee... We are 3-12 with him reffing this year...

Oh that stat was just from this year.

Anyone have all time?