Who should be coaching the Habs?

Meller93

It boggles my mind how this is even a topic of discussion. Armchair coaches apparently would do a better job than a man with 20 years of coaching experience, knowledge of the players personally and having them 3rd in their conference. And you just know that the minute Montreal loses a playoff round, these people will be quick to jump on here saying I told you so.

I don't think anyone said they would do a better job than Therrien. We criticize players too does that mean we think we'd do a better job? There's nothing wrong with questioning the team. Any part of it. The point of a thread is to discuss. Should we just stop because not everyone agrees?

Therrien's actually grown on me in the last couple weeks. I guess I'm just not one to say "oh we have a winning record it's all fine and dandy" because what really matters is what happens in the playoffs. I think this team (with Therrien) could have a great post-season. I guess I'm just tired of mediocrity and want to finally see a contender, which is why I question

Therrien as a coach is....

All the armchair assumptions about PK and Therrien are......

How bout those Blue jays. :)

The Jays suck Don, c'mon man! You must need to :1vomit: after all that popcorn....

The Jays suck Don, c'mon man! You must need to :1vomit: after all that popcorn....

Sorry bud, bad choice of diversion.

Just saw goalie Bishop going off hurt in Tampa-Leaf game? Hope not bad injury.

Not sure who I want to win this game? Got to go Tampa I guess.

I don't think anyone said they would do a better job than Therrien. We criticize players too does that mean we think we'd do a better job? There's nothing wrong with questioning the team. Any part of it. The point of a thread is to discuss. Should we just stop because not everyone agrees?

Therrien's actually grown on me in the last couple weeks. I guess I'm just not one to say "oh we have a winning record it's all fine and dandy" because what really matters is what happens in the playoffs. I think this team (with Therrien) could have a great post-season. I guess I'm just tired of mediocrity and want to finally see a contender, which is why I question

You make a very good point. If we did not have different opinions what would be the point of this site? We would all sit here drink koolaid and eat popcorn. As it would be said in french "vive la différence" and Don is hogging all the popcorn.

Guest Stogey24

Sorry bud, bad choice of diversion.

Just saw goalie Bishop going off hurt in Tampa-Leaf game? Hope not bad injury.

Not sure who I want to win this game? Got to go Tampa I guess.

Obviously no one wants to see a guy go down with an injury, but without Bishop, this series completely changes.

Obviously no one wants to see a guy go down with an injury, but without Bishop, this series completely changes.

Yes a no-name may step in and stand on his head.

Guest Stogey24

Yes a no-name may step in and stand on his head.

Linback has had a terrible season. Without Bishop on the backstop Tampa becomes more of a one trick pony(Stamkos). Palat and the rest of the rookies can be shut down.

Linback has had a terrible season. Without Bishop on the backstop Tampa becomes more of a one trick pony(Stamkos). Palat and the rest of the rookies can be shut down.

Don't forget their x-factor, Callahan. Were talking about the ex captain of the rangers who went to the semis. (I think it was the semis)

Don't forget their x-factor, Callahan. Were talking about the ex captain of the rangers who went to the semis. (I think it was the semis)

And Markov-Plekanec etc also went to semis and Captain Gionta got ring in his back pocket.

Barry Trotz appears available. If our great play the last two games continue in the playoffs and we get eliminated early, what are the chances?

Btw. Dont think for a second I want us to do bad, I want to enjoy a great playoff run and Id love to have MT prove that he can adapt and get the teams game on the right path again.

Barry Trotz appears available. If our great play the last two games continue in the playoffs and we get eliminated early, what are the chances?

Btw. Dont think for a second I want us to do bad, I want to enjoy a great playoff run and Id love to have MT prove that he can adapt and get the teams game on the right path again.

You must remember that coaching ability is secondary to linguistics.

Zero chance.

What kind of adaptation does a 100point team try?

For what realistic reason? Because finishing season 7-2-1 is crappy or something?

Right path might be what exactly? :blush:

Zero chance.

What kind of adaptation does a 100point team try?

For what realistic reason? Because finishing season 7-2-1 is crappy or something?

Right path might be what exactly? :blush:

Not having that panicmode play in own zone. Not being able to score a normal goal in the last two games. Price play have saved this team from being a wc team or maybe even not making the playoffs at all. You cant just throw stats around. Its the actual play on the ice that is very worrisome. Most of our d-men were really good a few years ago but now they seems to be constantly out of position, throwing themselves in panic to try and block regular passes and are way to easy to read.

Not having that panicmode play in own zone. Not being able to score a normal goal in the last two games. Price play have saved this team from being a wc team or maybe even not making the playoffs at all. You cant just throw stats around. Its the actual play on the ice that is very worrisome. Most of our d-men were really good a few years ago but now they seems to be constantly out of position, throwing themselves in panic to try and block regular passes and are way to easy to read.

see Don I kew somebody agreed with me

I would like us to be a team that is sufficiently ruthless that it would fire a coach who has had considerable success with the team, just because it's an upgrade. (Remember Lamourillo firing Julien?). But I doubt MB is that sort of guy. Anyway, Trotz can't speak French, so it wouldn't matter if he has a career record of 1000-0 with non-stop Cups, he by definition cannot coach the Habs. The end.

Could be correct, I just don't have as negative a view on team.

Regular season success is based on 1 and only 1 stat, Points.

You spoke of 2 losses and last ten of 7-2-1 is self explanatory (I know would be nice to win 10-0 heading into playoff but do you think realistic?). Especially given that they coasted through the last 3 scrimmages.

You want to win more pretty games or something? Well, Habs don't have that kind of dominant roster, add another all-star forward and a bit more offence from bottom 9 and this team would be sitting where Bruins are.

But, with Bourque, Eller, Galchenyuk, Briere, Gionta, Prust all having off-years, is quite something that the team did as well as did. So maybe Kudos to Therrien for juggling team as well as he has.

Just how I see it, I know am in minority (and at far end of spectrum from habs rule on coaches), but I really have few worries about this team, cept hope they can minimize the damage done by Tampa's top 6 forwards and Salo-Hedman shots from point.

I think Moan being out will hurt PK and defending a lead late in games.

Guest Stogey24

I have some major doubts about Emelin's defensive game. Knee surgery or not, he looks clueless at times.

I have some major doubts about Emelin's defensive game. Knee surgery or not, he looks clueless at times.

I thought he seems better lately and is a +8 since mid-March, so not horrible play, as he was in Dec-Jan when first came back.

Guest Stogey24

I thought he seems better lately and is a +8 since mid-March, so not horrible play, as he was in Dec-Jan when first came back.

Plus minus means nothing to me. Emelin's skating has improved, other than that, I'm not impressed. Watch him closely in the playoffs, he loves to chase the puck in his own end.