GDT | Montreal at Chicago | December 21, 2011 | 1930 EST

lazy26

Brutal giveaway by Subban. Zero reason to go to the backhand there.

booooooooooooooooooooooring

booooooooooooooring

3-1

Too bad the Canes did not pick up some points tonight.

What was it you said about firing JM? Careful what you wish for.

Argh ! Subban again with a lazy giveaway, blind back pass in his own zone, directly leading to a goal against !! That's almost the exact same type of giveaway he made in the last game. Enough with the stupid, needless turnovers !!! :wall:

I didn't think I'd say this, but I want to see him benched and put Emelin him. The Habs have enough offensive styled dmen healthy now.

I remember a few years ago, I would look at the Habs schedule during the season, looking for when our boys would play against "weaker" teams. Today I look at our schedule, and I realize that there aren't any "weaker" teams...mostly cause we are the "weaker" team,

It's getting really sad.

Habs will score soon to make it appear closer than it has been.

Brutal giveaway by Subban. Zero reason to go to the backhand there.

What was it you said about firing JM? Careful what you wish for.

Yes

But if Molson wanted top pick he may have found the way to get it.

3shots in the 3rd

Way to press for the tying goal.

LOSERSSSSSSSSSS

Hard to shit on a 2nd year defenseman having to play top pair minutes. Of course he is in on a lot of goals against, he is out there most of the game. Imagine Emelin, Diaz, or Weber playing those minutes against the other team's top lines.

This team pisses me off so much. I see the hawks forechecking and i cringe because they will get the puck...

Hard to shit on a 2nd year defenseman having to play top pair minutes. Of course he is in on a lot of goals against, he is out there most of the game. Imagine Emelin, Diaz, or Weber playing those minutes against the other team's top lines.

It's hard agreed, but it doesnt even matter if the forwards cant even score more than one goal.

And now it's 5-1. The empty netter was due to the goalie being pulled too early. I'm not a fan of pulling the netminder with more than 1:00 remaining unless you already have a man advantage.

I noticed Eric Staal was a -3 tonight, which puts him at -21 so far this season. He's ranked 777th in the league [last ?]

booooooooooooooooooooooring

booooooooooooooring

3-1

Too bad the Canes did not pick up some points tonight.

Frustrating game once again. They were playing a game until the first game. Gorges had problem behind the net (he did not play very well tonight) and Subban was not covering Toews. Subban (again) made a terrible play on the 3rd goal. I am not coach, and never will be, but as much as I like Subban and believe in his potential, I would be tempted not to dress him tomorrow. He makes costly mistakes almost every night. Obviously, he doesn't seem to understand the need to concentrate in his zone. A few games out of the line up would wake him up I guess.

Other than that, I now believe that it will be very difficult to make the playoffs. We have a few more games to turn things around. If Cunneyworth doesn't succeed soon, it will be over, whatever happens when the injured players will be back. Too bad...

Well boys, the Hawks just showed us what a good hockey team looks like. Have you seen our habs play anything like what the Hawks did tonight? I certainly haven't. That's why I think we aren't making the playoffs.

On my way home from the Office I was listening to Melnick on the Team 990, and he had Elliotte Friedman on, and I like what Friedman had to say about the Habs. He said that the Habs Brass needs to take a SERIOUS look at its team, and start making decisions according to what they wanna be. Right now the Habs are just floating around. They aren't a contender, and the Organization refuses to go for the 1st overall pick by tanking the season. That's why we've been mediocre for the better part of the last 2 decades. UNtil they take a good look at themselves, the Habs will continue to float on...never really becoming a REAL contender and never finishing 30th overall. It's a never ending circle of mediocrity!

Sitting Subban is a great idea. It will remind you guys how bad the rest of the D are. :)

Seriously, Markov coming back is critical for the D as it lets Subban go back to the 2nd pairing. if he doesn't come back, then just let this ride. What I would do if we are doomed is to tell Subban to "go for it on offense". He will get back to having fun and we will get closer to the top pick.

The Breakout gets worse and worse as teams get film of the changes Cunneyworth made.

Having the two forwards fly out of the zone as soon as the first forward gets the puck, isn't working.

We don't headman the puck quick enough, and the forwards reach the blueline where they are forced to stop to avoid the offside.

Then when the pass finally comes, they aren't moving their feet and we can't gain the zone.

The Hawks were just stick checking us at the line all night.

PATHETIC

Short quick passes work 100x better than these low percentage plays.

I don't think cunneyworth has changed much of anything yet. He said so himself before the game.

Still, I never thought a coaching change was going to fix this team. It is too small, too injured, and has too many over paid floaters.

I don't think cunneyworth has changed much of anything yet. He said so himself before the game.

Still, I never thought a coaching change was going to fix this team. It is too small, too injured, and has too many over paid floaters.

Watch them before the change and watch the last 3 games. Focus specifically on the breakout. You'll see the change, its drastic.