Apr. 2, Habs vs Panthers, 7 PM

dlbalr

You always have to remember that Price is the true leader of the team, regardless of what letter is put on the chest of the other players. Pacioretty is a respected contributor to the committee of leaders and likely got the C because everyone felt he was the safe choice. I'm sure he's well liked as well. If Carey wanted someone else I doubt Max would have the C.

He's had a rough year due to the team collapsing and him getting zero help from his administration. I have full confidence him and the team will bounce back. That said I also don't ever look at him as the defacto leader of the team. That's Carey and nobody else.

Indeed. Pacioretty is like the guy a young professional woman decides to settle down with, a "safe, secure" decision that represents personal growth and maturity, while in secret, she would rather be with anybody else and will probably cheat on him within a year after an expensive wedding.

Plek is still gonna hit 50 points this year. Im not worried about his contract at all. Its two years at market value.

This team has a serious lack of top 6 talent. We need to add two top 6ers. Removing one of the four we have is not an answer.

Also a consistent 30 goal guy, who leads the team in scoring and getting 4.5 million a year is the least of our problems.

I dont understand how on a team that cant score... the guys who actually do put up points are the targets of such angst.

No doubt Plekanec is ghosting it but he still fits as a second line centre. We know Pacioretty and Gallagher are top six wingers (this is not debatable) and that Galchenyuk looks like a top centre in development now. The issue is obvious: we need a top six LW and RW.

I love Daniel Carr and can't wait to see how he develops but he needs to start the year on the third line wing. He should be an injury replacement. We need two guys to come in and either play with Plek on the second line or mix with the two lines.

All the centre babble needs to end. We're set down the middle in the top six. We're only half way there on the wing. The days of Weise, Eller, Semin, etc. in our top six need to be over when this season is.

I dont understand how on a team that cant score... the guys who actually do put up points are the targets of such angst.

It's hard to complain about the players the Habs don't have yet.

C'mon MB! Get us more point-producing forwards for people to complain about!

No doubt Plekanec is ghosting it but he still fits as a second line centre. We know Pacioretty and Gallagher are top six wingers (this is not debatable) and that Galchenyuk looks like a top centre in development now. The issue is obvious: we need a top six LW and RW.

I love Daniel Carr and can't wait to see how he develops but he needs to start the year on the third line wing. He should be an injury replacement. We need two guys to come in and either play with Plek on the second line or mix with the two lines.

All the centre babble needs to end. We're set down the middle in the top six. We're only half way there on the wing. The days of Weise, Eller, Semin, etc. in our top six need to be over when this season is.

Thats true.

That said if you can get a stamkos you get him and figure out moving chuck back to wing or seeing if plek can play wing or go all three at centre and figure out your wings or whatever.

Thats true.

That said if you can get a stamkos you get him and figure out moving chuck back to wing or seeing if plek can play wing or go all three at centre and figure out your wings or whatever.

If you can get a game changer, you get a game changer. No question. If we can sign Bishop for cheap to back up Price I'd do it. But you don't plan your summer around acquiring Stamkos. You take your best shot and plan for a realistic scenario.

If you can get a game changer, you get a game changer. No question. If we can sign Bishop for cheap to back up Price I'd do it. But you don't plan your summer around acquiring Stamkos. You take your best shot and plan for a realistic scenario.

Stamkos value just headed south. Blood clots are nothing to fool with. I wanted him but now I take a pass.

I think we can get away with adding just one top-6 FW over the summer, provided he's a no-brainer, money-in-the-bak top-6 producer. We could then rely on DD/rookie fill-ins as the 6th guy, and then looking to fill that final slot closer to the deadline.

But one thing is certain. If we enter next season with the FW configuration as it is, MB has simply been negligent.

I think we can get away with adding just one top-6 FW over the summer, provided he's a no-brainer, money-in-the-bak top-6 producer. We could then rely on DD/rookie fill-ins as the 6th guy, and then looking to fill that final slot closer to the deadline.

But one thing is certain. If we enter next season with the FW configuration as it is, MB has simply been negligent.

Five of six is ok. Most teams have a top-9 guy sprinkled in with the heavies.

Five of six is ok. Most teams have a top-9 guy sprinkled in with the heavies.

I agree. But adding the 6th man at the deadline could make a big difference in the playoffs. (I assume, as I think is realistic, that we have a major 'bounce back' season, what with #31 healthy and - presumably - that impact UFA addition up front).

So, who wants to take tomorrow's GDT for John Scott's one and (thankfully) only appearance in a Montreal uniform?

Lots of takers so far..huh.... ?

Heroic fanmanship.