Florida at Montreal game #80 April 5 2016

DON

Well, here is last week with 6 points up for grabs vs Panthers-Hurricanes-Lightning to finish off season.

Arizona & Buffalo are 1 point behind Habs in the standings, so if all goes well and John Scott is given a top six role, we can kinda hope for zero points in the three games.

But at least hope are entertaining high scoring games and maybe Galchenyuk and/or Pacioretty can get to 30g and Gallagher gets to 20.

(just don't do as Canucks have done and go on late winning streak.)

Guest Stogey24

Here's to hoping these are the last games we see Therrien as coach of the Habs( DON feel free to -1 this).

No Stogey, if he is axed, so be it.

Bergevin actually knows what Therrien and players relationship really is, where we all simply speculate.

But, I wouldn't bet a lot that he will be fired. 50-50

I like to see how the youngsters play in these exhibition games and some of older players reach some milestone or other.

Yep. I still watch some of the games, but with negligible emotional investment. The season is a whole hunk of pointless in my book.

Waiting for my BC Lions to hit the field. Fork I hate it when we don't make the playoffs. Hockey has been over for me for 2 months.Now it is just joke time.

No Stogey, if he is axed, so be it.

Bergevin actually knows what Therrien and players relationship really is, where we all simply speculate.

But, I wouldn't bet a lot that he will be fired. 50-50

50/50 you say? Well 50+50 is 100. ######ING CONFIRMED. #GETHYPE

No Plekanec can centre the 4th line and 'rest up', should of let McCarron play #2 centre and 18+minutes (Brown-Scott, well would prefer both didn't dress)

50/50 you say? Well 50+50 is 100. ######ING CONFIRMED. #GETHYPE

I hope so.

I have been supportive for MT's tenure this time around, but I'm all over it now. I don't think this team(Price and forward upgrade included) can win a cup under him.

It's plain to see his ego can sometimes bring(more than) questionable player deployment, he is a prima donna among NHL coaches these days I think.

Time for a new coach, new perspective, and a real adjustment in mind set behind the bench, however MT is not alone, there isn't a single part of the coaching staff that I have been happy with in the face of this disaster of a season.

The firing needs to be done and over, so any potential UFA forwards may have a greater interest in playing for the Habs, than they would if Therrien is left in place.

That being said, I'm with Don, I'm not sure Bergevin thinks the same way...

Hopefully Hanley and Johnston don't see a ton of ice time together. Neither of them are particularly good in their own end which could make for some frustrating shifts if they're out there at the same time.

If hoping for a win I suppose; but, I say roll the 4 lines & 3 pairs (until another injury happens) and let chips fall...

If hoping for a win I suppose; but, I say roll the 4 lines & 3 pairs (until another injury happens) and let chips fall...

It doesn't really matter relative to the win but more to seeing the young guys succeed. It's bad enough that most of the young d-men aren't NHL ready so don't compound the problem by putting two players with similar weaknesses together. Whether you want the team to win or lose, I think pretty much everyone would like to see all the callups make the most of their NHL time and make a positive impression heading into next year.

Guest Stogey24

Plekanec has been so bad man. Like ya the team sucks, but he can't even make a pass

Hanley looks good. Definitely exceeded expectations

Guest Stogey24

Hopefully Hanley and Johnston don't see a ton of ice time together. Neither of them are particularly good in their own end which could make for some frustrating shifts if they're out there at the same time.

Ya, that play Johnston made on his first shift wasn't pretty

Plekanec has been so bad man. Like ya the team sucks, but he can't even make a pass

I like Hanley as well. And Barbeiro. It's nice to see some guys develop out of no where.

That first goal was brought to you by the hockey gods. If you're crazy enough to call up Scott and crazier still to play him against Florida's top line, you're asking for it.

Scott covering Barkov, that's what you call 'tank hood'.

Give me a break, I get it you don't like Scott, but he had nothing to do with the goal.

As much bad hockey as this team has iced most of the year complaining about Scott doesn't make a lot of sense.

I've noticed him more with the Habs than I have in the St. John's games I've seen. I'm leery about him in the defensive zone but he makes a good first pass most of the time and has a decent sense of when to pinch in the offensive end and when to stay back. I had him as a toss-up to be qualified in the summer (he's only on a one year deal after being Montreal's first UFA signing last July 1st) but his play has been good enough that he should get one now.