Lehkonen 3 yr ELC signed May 8 2016

DON

Yes it will be interesting to see how he adapts to N.A. game. Does he start season in St.Johns and produce from game 1?

They try and figure out the NHL-equivalent of player scoring from other leagues. SHL tends to translate better to NHL than AHL/NCAA production would.

http://hockeyanalytics.com/Research_files/League_Equivalencies.pdf

I like this signing too. The Habs need offensive capable forwards like Lehtonen and Reway to be given a chance. We'll see if their head coach will be open minded to providing them that opportunity, but I'm not hopeful they'll get that chance to start the season.

BTW, the league equivalencies document is missing; I think the whole website is no longer online. If you happen to have that PDF file then please PM me.

Sure, it was an older article and think the writer was one of 1st to crunch/compare league #s, but will try and dig it up again.

I see link and website is gonzo, sorry.

But it was an a write up done by one Gabriel Desjardins and if google him or NHL-equivalencies, are numerous write ups on it.

Sure and if all agreed it would be boring, but he simply flogged a dead horse over and over and the pessimism was just too much to stomach, so put him on ignore and blood pressure went back to normal. :nuts:

I like this signing too. The Habs need offensive capable forwards like Lehtonen and Reway to be given a chance. We'll see if their head coach will be open minded to providing them that opportunity, but I'm not hopeful they'll get that chance to start the season.

Let's be fair though. Reway is going to struggle to adapt the defensive game and likely should tear up the AHL for a year or two. Lehkonen has a much better shot to Crack the NHL lineup but he too could struggle keeping up without the puck. Tossing two European youngsters out there and expecting results just because they were good in Europe is no recipe for long term success.

Sure and if all agreed it would be boring, but he simply flogged a dead horse over and over and the pessimism was just too much to stomach, so put him on ignore and blood pressure went back to normal. :nuts:

OK so you hate me too? I do not actually care cause I calls them as I see's them. :ph34r:

Don old buddy, ya gotta just put it in r for relax. It is only hockey. A game played by millionaires for billionaires. How serious can this get?