The Hockey News logo rankings - Mtl #13

hab29RETIRED

Hockey news has the Habs logo as #13 - panthers are #12.

What a friggin joke. The team that has the same aura as the Yankees is rated below the panthers??!!

Not sure where the leafs land, but my guess is they are rated much higher.

Hockey news has the Habs logo as #13 - panthers are #12.

What a friggin joke. The team that has the same aura as the Yankees is rated below the panthers??!!

Not sure where the leafs land, but my guess is they are rated much higher.

That's patently wrong for business reasons. The Panther's logo is too "busy." The logo can't be shrunk down to fit smaller items, and there's even an argument out there that it should be replaced for marketing purposes.

Ha ha haaaa, that is a complete joke.

Habs have the most iconic uniform in hockey and one of the most iconic in all of pro sports. That includes the logo. Panthers, my arse.

But I'm sure THN is just trying to stir up hits to its site, knowing that any publicity is good publicity and that you can count on the rabid Habs' fanbase to boost numbers.

Habs/Leafs/Bruins/Red Wings would have to be considered a tie, really. Hawks lose points because ethnic caricatures are now considered impolitic, and while the Rags have classy uniforms their crest has never really seemed iconic (likely due to their chronic suckage in the Original Six era, but also the "busy-ness" of its wording along the crest). Also, I'd only rate the Leafs' logo alongside the Habs' if we're talking about the "classic" original six logo, not the modern Harold Ballard-era one.

Of the expansion teams, I'd casually nominate Calgary's - elegant, simple, punchy - and maybe Philadelphia, along with Buffalo's original logo (stupidly changed later on). The Canucks had one of the all-time great hockey logos when they deployed the hockey stick, so of course they "improved" it with that stupid Orca Bay Enterprises corporate abomination. The Hartford Failers had a classy logo as well; it was the best thing about a repugnant organization. And I find LA's most recent crest to be rather appealing too, I suppose. But ultimately it's gotta be the best of the Original Six.

A very American perspective.

Outside the US, the Habs, Rangers and Bruins would be on top. Maybe the Red Wings, Blackhawks, the Old Senators and perhaps the Blues would be up there as well.

Canucks, Pens, Panthers and Sharks at the bottom.

If the Canucks stuck with Johnny Canuck their logo would be great. Instead he's a side patch. They need to go back to the 93 colours as well.

Living in the Vancouver area as I do, I've got strong opinions on this! Johnny Canuck would be awesome, and much beloved among the fan-base. For me, though, the simple elegance of the original Canucks uniform (at least once the "Vs" came off the sleeves after year one) and the hockey-stick crest is unmatched among expansion-era teams. There is simply no excuse for that team to wear anything other than one of these two options. Instead they go with the most crassly "corporate" uni in the entire league - totally soulless and uninteresting. Kinda like the franchise itself, really.

Living in the Vancouver area as I do, I've got strong opinions on this! Johnny Canuck would be awesome, and much beloved among the fan-base. For me, though, the simple elegance of the original Canucks uniform (at least once the "Vs" came off the sleeves after year one) and the hockey-stick crest is unmatched among expansion-era teams. There is simply no excuse for that team to wear anything other than one of these two options. Instead they go with the most crassly "corporate" uni in the entire league - totally soulless and uninteresting. Kinda like the franchise itself, really.

What bothers me more is that they tried to completely rip off the Hartford Whalers. Same colours with an orca logo. Going with the stick makes me feel a bit better but when I saw the Canucks practice jerseys with silver in the uniform it made me irrationally angry.

I like Orca logo and old stick one; but all teams pale next to Blackhawks.

Was always my favourite logo (but was biased, I idolized #9 as a kid, toupee or not )

I like Orca logo and old stick one; but all teams pale next to Blackhawks.

Was always my favourite logo (but was biased, I idolized #9 as a kid, toupee or not )

The Blackhawks logo will be deemed politically incorrect and they will have to change it. :P HABS # 1 dammit.

BlackHawk isn't derogatory as Redskin/Fighting Sioux is and I don't think will be banned/changed, sort of like Seminoles is fine for FSU. Either way is a cool jersey.

Majority of 1st nations males around here sport Blackhawk jerseys (with Canuck/Hab (Carey Price reasoning) being the rest).

Sorry, cant vote for CH, unless as most 'Classic-Traditional-Recognizable' logo, although if I was 100% objective, I might guess Maple Leaf is darn close or dare I admit better.

(although will retract that last bit if I receive threat of banishment :ph34r:)

^^ I can't quote on my phone for some reason but when you're born a habs fan, red and blue automatically become your favorite colors so no... Leafs jersey is not better. It's missing "something".

Oh right, objective view.

When it comes to out of the box choices, I liked the old islanders jerseys, old coyotes jersey and maybe even the old Winnipeg jerseys. Anything I've ever read has the hawks jersey at top followed by the habs and maybe red wings though. Can't really go wrong with those jerseys, despite the politically correct stuff being pointed out because that doesnt really change how they look.