Apr. 9, Lightning vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Khudobin? You mean the guy who played 30 AHL games this year? Are you kidding that he would be a difference maker and lead the Habs to the cup?

• Upvote 1

Khudobin? You mean the guy who played 30 AHL games this year? Are you kidding that he would be a difference maker and lead the Habs to the cup?

Versus Mike Condon? Absolutely. He was in the AHL because they wanted to give John Gibson, their goalie of the future more playing time.

The moral of the story, no matter what you think of any solutions, is that they didn't even try to save the season. They traded for Ben Scrivens. That's inexcusable.

• Upvote 1

Bergevin didn't even try to improve the team when things weren't lost yet. His first four trades were Thomas for Lessio, Scrivens for Kassian, Tokarski for Friberg, Bartley/Scott for Tinordi/Fournier. That last trade was January 15th.

On January 15th, we still had the 9th best record in the NHL. We were the 5th best team in the East. Bergevin could have done a lot and he did nothing. The team was at one point out to prove they weren't just Carey Price and Bergevin's reluctance to do anything said to the players: Yes, you are nothing but Carey Price. I'm doing nothing to help this year. Hope he's healthy next year!

• Upvote 1

Khudobin save percentage... 2014-15 season and 2015-16 season (39 total games combined)... .902

Condon Save percentage.... .903

Yeah I'm not seeing the difference here.

Khudobin was in the AHL cause he's not that good, there is a reason why the Canes let him walk, why the Flames in desperate need of goaltending didn't grab him off waivers, why we let him pass, etc... etc..

Great posts both ways fellas, it's hard right now to see who is right, guess we will see over the next season or two.

With all the injuries outside of Price, this team would have still struggled to make up the 12 pts they missed the playoffs by, let alone get anywhere if they did squeak in...that of course is only an opinion...because I do get what Lovett's is saying, make the playoffs and who knows, especially if Price came back.

Having said that, maybe Bergevin knew all along that Price wasn't going to be able to return at all this season, if he knew that for sure, then we can understand what he did was truly the right strategy, and the right move for the future of the club.

Bergevin didn't even try to improve the team when things weren't lost yet. His first four trades were Thomas for Lessio, Scrivens for Kassian, Tokarski for Friberg, Bartley/Scott for Tinordi/Fournier. That last trade was January 15th.

On January 15th, we still had the 9th best record in the NHL. We were the 5th best team in the East. Bergevin could have done a lot and he did nothing. The team was at one point out to prove they weren't just Carey Price and Bergevin's reluctance to do anything said to the players: Yes, you are nothing but Carey Price. I'm doing nothing to help this year. Hope he's healthy next year!

I don't think The Scrivens Kassian trade was about Scrivens. I think MB got so caught up in his character thingy that he was going to get rid of Kassian for nothing, and he succeeded. Not very good gm'ing.

I don't think The Scrivens Kassian trade was about Scrivens. I think MB got so caught up in his character thingy that he was going to get rid of Kassian for nothing, and he succeeded. Not very good gm'ing.

Bergevin told Kassian that he would get one chance with us. Once Kass decided to go on a bender, his being shipped out was inevitable. Otherwise the GM is eating his own words, which is not something old-school guys like Bergevin are apt to do.

Bergevin told Kassian that he would get one chance with us. Once Kass decided to go on a bender, his being shipped out was inevitable. Otherwise the GM is eating his own words, which is not something old-school guys like Bergevin are apt to do.

I wouldn't change my team policies for a guy like Kassian either, it's not like he is a grade A offensive dynamo, or even a moderately competent or intelligent person, guy is an idiot who doesn't bring much more than idiotic penalties at terrible times... no great loss, and a message for all like him who come after.

Hey, when we acquired Kassian and people on this board were busily pencilling him into our top-6, I repeatedly came on here saying don't count on Kassian: he is a party animal and takes a lot of dumb penalties and will most likely end up riding the pine. So his mediocrity doesn't surprise me at all. However, I still think it was unwise of Bergevin to paint himself into a corner. Always leave yourself an out. True, it doesn't seem to have hurt us in this instance, but it's bad practice in general.

We brought in three right wingers to fill two spots. One busted (Semin), one never played a game for us (Kassian) and one never got any consistent chance only to be traded for someone's son and had a hot streak on his new team (DSP). After trading Weise we're now back to needing at least two right wing spots to be filled. Maybe Andrighetto could fill one, but the other has to be filled by a free agent. Unless we go with Therrien's strategy at one point and make Galchenyuk a right wing again. Some people sure liked that.

We brought in three right wingers to fill two spots. One busted (Semin), one never played a game for us (Kassian) and one never got any consistent chance only to be traded for someone's son and had a hot streak on his new team (DSP). After trading Weise we're now back to needing at least two right wing spots to be filled. Maybe Andrighetto could fill one, but the other has to be filled by a free agent. Unless we go with Therrien's strategy at one point and make Galchenyuk a right wing again. Some people sure liked that.

Carr should fill one wing spot. Whether thats lw like he played in the ahl or rw he played in the nhl.

What bothers me about the Kassian thing, is did he really do anything wrong? He was an injured party in a car accident where some one else was driving. Should he have been drinking? Probably not but (and I don't know what rules he under due to 1st rehab) what exactly did he do wrong? I also don't know if this was a 1 time event or if he had warnings before this, but it really seems harsh to say his career should end cause he didn't want to drink and drive. Like I say I don't believe we know all the facts, and I know that MB is big character guy, but I don't think he got much of a chance and that MB was so pissed off that he let it affect his better judgement. Only my opinion.

What bothers me about the Kassian thing, is did he really do anything wrong? He was an injured party in a car accident where some one else was driving. Should he have been drinking? Probably not but (and I don't know what rules he under due to 1st rehab) what exactly did he do wrong? I also don't know if this was a 1 time event or if he had warnings before this, but it really seems harsh to say his career should end cause he didn't want to drink and drive. Like I say I don't believe we know all the facts, and I know that MB is big character guy, but I don't think he got much of a chance and that MB was so pissed off that he let it affect his better judgement. Only my opinion.

No kidding. Therrien has two drunk floozies drive him home for a morning of wild carousing at least three times a month.

It really dosent seem like Kassian is a mental giant and I still think he will be non-NHL player sooner than later. He had his chances with three different franchises and now is a goon (at best) on the 4th, why is he even worth complaining about.

No kidding. Therrien has two drunk floozies drive him home for a morning of wild carousing at least three times a month.

That would explain some of his coaching decisions. :)