Ticket Exchange Thread

iamcanadien

They could kill scalping easily. You tie the tickets to the purchaser. You put their name on it and you require ID. While some would still scam it, it would cut scalping down considerably. If you find you don't need your ticket, you return it for a small restocking fee, versus selling it for a profit!

Sorry, but that's a horrible idea. When I buy tickets to games, I have no idea at the time who I'm going to take with me. There have also been times where people have had to bail at the last minute and I end up taking somebody else. I've also been given tickets on a few occasions.

Ticketmaster and the actual team or venue, should be the only ones allowed to sell online. It is the online scalpers that are making it hard for you and I to get tickets.

Heck, Ticketmaster pisses me off more than sites like Stub Hub. At least Stub Hub is scalping the tickets, so all their extra charges make sense. Ticketmaster charging 6 bucks on a 20 dollar ticket is highway robbery.

I dunno if this was quoted here, but:

"Brian LaRose at HabsWorld looks at the coaching staff, the waiver situation and the trials of ticket purchase."

From HIO.

Cool.

All well and good, aside from the fact I didn't write 2 of those 3 articles. I think I'm going to have to be more specific when I send in our articles...

I dunno if this was quoted here, but:

"Brian LaRose at HabsWorld looks at the coaching staff, the waiver situation and the trials of ticket purchase."

From HIO.

Cool.

All well and good, aside from the fact I didn't write 2 of those 3 articles. I think I'm going to have to be more specific when I send in our articles...

Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?

I'll rephrase it...you didn't get sort of credit for your ticket article; I read what Colin quoted from HIO as if I were the author of all 3 articles when I clearly wasn't. Either way, I'm happy with the hit traffic. :)

I'll rephrase it...you didn't get sort of credit for your ticket article; I read what Colin quoted from HIO as if I were the author of all 3 articles when I clearly wasn't. Either way, I'm happy with the hit traffic. :)

Oh yeah I love it.

Thats great.

How many hits has my article had?

100?

I was going to mention this before, but I am very impressed with the effort a lot of you guys are putting into this website. I don't post all of the time, but I have been a fixture for 2 or 3 years. DBlair, Maca...all of you guys put serious time into things like understanding the waiver and contract status, interviews and so on.

Good job to all the guys who put this effort in for zero profit. It makes the site much more enjoyable.

Edited by BCHabnut

Sorry, but that's a horrible idea. When I buy tickets to games, I have no idea at the time who I'm going to take with me. There have also been times where people have had to bail at the last minute and I end up taking somebody else. I've also been given tickets on a few occasions.

Heck, Ticketmaster pisses me off more than sites like Stub Hub. At least Stub Hub is scalping the tickets, so all their extra charges make sense. Ticketmaster charging 6 bucks on a 20 dollar ticket is highway robbery.

Only the purchaser would need to show ID if purchased together. You could take anyone you wanted. Also, season tickets would be exempt under my plan. Shame I have no authority. :wacko:

Only the purchaser would need to show ID if purchased together. You could take anyone you wanted. Also, season tickets would be exempt under my plan. Shame I have no authority. :wacko:

yeah, but that wouldn't take into account "life surprises or accidents". A man bought 4 tickets in the family section for the game on december 17th, but his wife crash the car and kills herself along with the 2 kids back from school on december 1rst. I'd guess the man would not bring another adult + 2 kids at the game with his tickets, even though he has his name on it...

yeah, but that wouldn't take into account "life surprises or accidents". A man bought 4 tickets in the family section for the game on december 17th, but his wife crash the car and kills herself along with the 2 kids back from school on december 1rst. I'd guess the man would not bring another adult + 2 kids at the game with his tickets, even though he has his name on it...

No, he returns the tickets for a restocking fee and then they get resold by the Habs at market price.

There is always a wild example of how someone could be screwed, but the reality is that 90 percent of resold tickets are sold at a profit by scalpers.

Tons of great single seats available for pretty much any game, so I think I might buy some. I may not be able to talk to my buddies, but hey I dont go to games to socialize. ;)

Actually I have gone to game alone before you can make great friends doing that.

No, he returns the tickets for a restocking fee and then they get resold by the Habs at market price.

There is always a wild example of how someone could be screwed, but the reality is that 90 percent of resold tickets are sold at a profit by scalpers.

Ah comon man, the guy has to work late that night and it's finally his wife who will go to the game with the kids... I crash my car in my friend's car the day before the game and give him my tickets to apologize.. Don't have to be a wild example.

Just saying that it would bring lot of complaints and wasted time for lot of people, working for the Canadiens or not.

• 2 weeks later...

My game isn't until February, but I'm getting concerned that I haven't received my tickets in the mail yet. Should I be? In the past I've gotten them in about a week.

My game isn't until February, but I'm getting concerned that I haven't received my tickets in the mail yet. Should I be? In the past I've gotten them in about a week.

Same here, I expected to receive it yesterday. Received the tickets I bought at the pre sale in something like 4-5 days but still waiting for my Dallas tickets

Same here, I expected to receive it yesterday. Received the tickets I bought at the pre sale in something like 4-5 days but still waiting for my Dallas tickets

Do not worry you will have your tickets for any game after October by November 1st.

I'd guess this is to be expected given the fact that all tickets were done online this year. That means every ticket that would have been sold in person is also now being mailed.

It's hard to have to see your 2 pairs of tickets everyday knowing the games are in januray and february...

I hear ya... My only consolation is that I'm hoping Markov will be back by the time my game rolls around in February.

• 11 months later...

Wow, I'm blown away... I got my tickets within 10 minutes of the box office opening online today. That beats my record of 1h30m from years ago. Gonna see the Leafs in Montreal in February!