Montreal Canadiens vs. Buffalo Sabres | February 12th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

Guest Stogey24

How do you fan on that, DD...useless **********!!!

He's like a step behind every play, doesn't back check, fall down constantly. I just don't get it.

According to the NHL statisticians for tonight's game, the Habs have a total of zero giveaways. Zero. I'd have guessed at least 10. That's what Buffalo has but the Canadiens apparently haven't turned the puck over all game. I think new statisticians may be needed...

Guest Stogey24

According to the NHL statisticians for tonight's game, the Habs have a total of zero giveaways. Zero. I'd have guessed at least 10. That's what Buffalo has but the Canadiens apparently haven't turned the puck over all game. I think new statisticians may be needed...

Ya,that's a joke

Guest Stogey24

It's annoying watching the same players do the same thing night after night. I don't think this team played a terrible game, but there's a list of players I'm just sick of watching

If we had NHL level goaltending, we might have had a chance. Oh, and David Desharnais is still a steaming pile of dog**** out there...I'd waive him just to rattle his cage (clearly nobody would claim him).

Subban should have pulled a Dennis Wideman on that linesman, just sayin

For what? It hit him accidentally. That's a perfectly legal (and largely normal) play. No, Subban should not have physically attacked a linesman for that. That's completely asinine to even suggest that.

If we had NHL level goaltending, we might have had a chance. Oh, and David Desharnais is still a steaming pile of dog**** out there...I'd waive him just to rattle his cage (clearly nobody would claim him).

Yeah blame the goalies, did you watch the same game?

Yeah blame the goalies, did you watch the same game?

Of course we were crap defensively, but there was the one fish out of water terrible goal that always kills you in a close game. And the lack of that big save...you HAVE to rob the other team once in awhile to win in the NHL, and we didn't get that save when it was needed.

On the plus side: Ghetto, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and Plex played great. Max looked interested, and even good at times tonight...hope that continues.

For what? It hit him accidentally. That's a perfectly legal (and largely normal) play. No, Subban should not have physically attacked a linesman for that. That's completely asinine to even suggest that.

Oh dear god Brian you make the linesman seem so innocent? They don't get paid to prop their ass up on a board they get paid to skate and move out of the way...he had plenty of time to do so if you watch the play again.

Oh dear god Brian you make the linesman seem so innocent? They don't get paid to prop their ass up on a board they get paid to skate and move out of the way...he had plenty of time to do so if you watch the play again.

Even if you think the linesman did that intentionally, do you honestly think that was worthy of Subban getting a 20+ game suspension by 'pulling a Dennis Wideman' on him? It happens, the Habs have benefited from breaks like that at times and have been burned. It's certainly frustrating, but not worth drawing a massive suspension to try to show the guy up here.

Tonight's 3 Stars: http://www.habsworld.net/2016/02/hw-3-stars-habs-lose-a-wild-one-in-buffalo/

You don't blame Goaltending in that game?

nope. Scrivens fell down on one, ok it happens, the 2nd goal was not his fault, How many defensive breakdowns were there? Condon goes in cold and yeah it happens but another defensive breakdown. One was an empty net the goalies fault? The team played poorly but they got some goals and should have had more.The 5th goal was a complete breakdown, Condom had no chance as I recall. This game was lost in the first 2 mins of the second, you gonna tell me the team played good in front of the goalie.? No they didn't Le genius loves defence, where was it exactly. It is a team game they ALL lost don't blame the goalies. Johnson is an nhl goalie and he didn't look so good, but he got a little lucky. Which is just how it goes.

I said many times over the past couple of years - MT's game plan is simply expecting price to stop everything. No price. No game plan.

nope. Scrivens fell down on one, ok it happens, the 2nd goal was not his fault, How many defensive breakdowns were there? Condon goes in cold and yeah it happens but another defensive breakdown. One was an empty net the goalies fault? The team played poorly but they got some goals and should have had more.The 5th goal was a complete breakdown, Condom had no chance as I recall. This game was lost in the first 2 mins of the second, you gonna tell me the team played good in front of the goalie.? No they didn't Le genius loves defence, where was it exactly. It is a team game they ALL lost don't blame the goalies. Johnson is an nhl goalie and he didn't look so good, but he got a little lucky. Which is just how it goes.

I said many times over the past couple of years - MT's game plan is simply expecting price to stop everything. No price. No game plan.

You and I have always agreed on that point. this team is schizophrenic. They can't decide if they are up down or just lost.

You and I have always agreed on that point. this team is schizophrenic. They can't decide if they are up down or just lost.

I mentioned to Brian in another thread that this team needs to stop the push shove in standings and find an identity fast suggesting that Bergevin gives up a couple of 1st rd picks for Drouin....being bipolar in the standings helps nothing by any means of the imagination. Just tank already! I can name 4 Eastern conference teams that whoop our ass in a 7 gm series off the top of my head instantly.

At some point an nhl caliber goalie has to make a big save.

You can say he had no chance on all 5 but just at some point you gotta get a stop.

So the rest of the team watches ? is that the theory. It is a team game. no defence, no goalie. Both goalies have made incredible saves over the time that Price has been gone. Did it help? No because the goalie can't score goals. They won't let him over the red line. Can't score from there. They should have won this game tonight but while the goalies cost them 2 goals IMHO. They had the chance to score 10. who is at fault? THE TEAM and the coach who pulled Scrivens cause he fell down. You had an empty net goal, a penalty shot (a damn good one by the way) and 2 complete giveaways hanging the the goalie out to dry. You blame the goalie? Come on man. Le Genius is a complete idiot for how he coached tonight. But no point in getting into that, it was the goalies fault.

So the rest of the team watches ? is that the theory. It is a team game. no defence, no goalie. Both goalies have made incredible saves over the time that Price has been gone. Did it help? No because the goalie can't score goals. They won't let him over the red line. Can't score from there. They should have won this game tonight but while the goalies cost them 2 goals IMHO. They had the chance to score 10. who is at fault? THE TEAM and the coach who pulled Scrivens cause he fell down. You had an empty net goal, a penalty shot (a damn good one by the way) and 2 complete giveaways hanging the the goalie out to dry. You blame the goalie? Come on man. Le Genius is a complete idiot for how he coached tonight. But no point in getting into that, it was the goalies fault.

I need to ask you a personal question...do you really think this team can win the Stanley Cup? whether it be on goaltending or O or D presence?

How did coaching influence;

Markov giveaway?

same for Flieshman-Barberio giving player breakaway?

same for Galchenyuk one?

He did put Andrighetto in a spot to score and that worked. :nuts:

Blame whoever you want, this team is simply finding too many ways to lose.

Would anyone disagree that Subban's meltdown over linesman, is just another example why there is no 'C' on his jersey?

Guest Stogey24

How did coaching influence;

Markov giveaway?

same for Flieshman-Barberio giving player breakaway?

same for Galchenyuk one?

He did put Andrighetto in a spot to score and that worked. :nuts:

Blame whoever you want, this team is simply finding too many ways to lose.

Would anyone disagree that Subban's meltdown over linesman, is just another example why there is no 'C' on his jersey?

That's what your going bring up in this loss when half this team played like shit. Atleast Subban shows some emotion. Where is Max in 90% of these losses? He doesn't throw hits, he doesn't mix it up with players, shows zero fackin enthusiasm.... I don't see the drive to win in him. He's a fair weather player and it's starting to piss me off.

There was an interview with DSP and he said how big of a role Subban has had in the dressing room during their losing streak. He was saying how he kept guys smiling and not getting too down on themselves.