Montreal Canadiens vs. Buffalo Sabres | February 12th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

But you agree about Subban little tantrum & giving up on fairly important play of game? (Subban 2 minor penalties & 14PIMs total, rest of team 1 minor penalty)

As if DSP would ever say anything negative about the team's star player in an interview.

Pacioretty has never been one to mix it up, likely never will be and he has been and likely will always be streaky player.

Guest Stogey24

But you agree about Subban little tantrum & giving up on fairly important play of game? (Subban 2 minor penalties & 14PIMs total, rest of team 1 minor penalty)

As if DSP would ever say anything negative about the team's star player in an interview.

Pacioretty has never been one to mix it up, likely never will be and he has been and likely will always be streaky player.

Do I think that play was worthy of a comment about how Subban shouldn't be captain because of it? Absolutely not.

I need to ask you a personal question...do you really think this team can win the Stanley Cup? whether it be on goaltending or O or D presence?

Not the way it is setup right now. We need Price to win the cup. We need a sniper. We need a big center.

Would anyone disagree that Subban's meltdown over linesman, is just another example why there is no 'C' on his jersey?

When the puck was stopped by the linesman, who in my opinion made no effort to avoid it. The game was done. I know PK is supposed to be Superman but no way he gets to that puck. He showed a lot of emotion and he should, he don't like to lose.

When the puck was stopped by the linesman, who in my opinion made no effort to avoid it. The game was done. I know PK is supposed to be Superman but no way he gets to that puck. He showed a lot of emotion and he should, he don't like to lose.

He doesn't get to the puck, I agree, but if he's paying attention to the play instead of yelling and flailing his arms at the referee, he's either able to a) drop down and block the shot or b) rush at Kane to force a more difficult attempt. Both of those are much more ideal situations compared to what actually happened.

No one likes to lose but you didn't see the rest of the bench go nuts or anyone else on the ice throw a hissy fit. No one else publicly criticized the official after the game (which won't help him in terms of getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs any time soon) either. There are much, much better ways to show your displeasure than what Subban did. Sometimes being too emotional is a bad thing and this was one of them.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't get to the puck, I agree, but if he's paying attention to the play instead of yelling and flailing his arms at the referee, he's either able to a) drop down and block the shot or b) rush at Kane to force a more difficult attempt. Both of those are much more ideal situations compared to what actually happened.

No one likes to lose but you didn't see the rest of the bench go nuts or anyone else on the ice throw a hissy fit. No one else publicly criticized the official after the game (which won't help him in terms of getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs any time soon) either. There are much, much better ways to show your displeasure than what Subban did. Sometimes being too emotional is a bad thing and this was one of them.

Yep, an almost Prust like melt down. Stupid, unproductive, and avoidable...

When has Subban EVER got the benefit of doubt or even a fair shake from the officials?

I agree with everything you said.

Even though after watching the replay several times, it is clear that the linesman could have gotten out of the way (the puck was not coming at him all that quickly) but he just didn't give a damn. Officials get a free pass no matter how incompetent they are on the ice; that's just the way it is, and players can't do a damned thing about it. PK just has to quickly say 'lazy bastard' under his breath so only the linesman hears it as he skates by in that situation. The big production was completely pointless.

When has Subban EVER got the benefit of doubt or even a fair shake from the officials?

I'd say he has gotten away with a lot of restraining fouls (hooking/holding) this year. He hasn't been called for a lot his 'extracurriculars' after the whistle either. Earlier in his career, he got called on a lot more of those. That's a step towards getting at least a fairer shake I'd say.

(And yes, I realize the timing of this statement is fitting considering he was called for both a holding and a roughing after the whistle penalty last night...)

I have watched the replay several times, and I have to say that PK should have been playing the puck and not yelling at the official. I don't know that he could have prevented the goal but the time for arguing is after the play ends.

Its so funny how roiled up we get over how many times a chunk of rubber passes over a line.

Go Habs Go! Nice to see some offensive sparkle back in our game.. as for the rest... ...hmm.. there's always tomorrow..