Greg Pateryn recalled from Hamilton

Batmike

Guest Stogey24

Beaulieu minutes have been 3rd pairing for past 6 games, so the 2 rookies will be 3rd pairing for most part I assume.

Yeah, I was going to say that too

NB, 3rd pairing? you do remember that he spent 17 minutes in the penalty box sat night right? He's been solid for quite some time now..in no way do Emelin and Gilly jump outta 3rd pairing

Emelin's TOI the last 6 games:

18:59

24:48 (Saturday)

19:14

17:58

20:46

18:35

Beaulieu's TOI those same 6 games:

13:50

14:13 (Saturday)

13:43

13:31

8:17

16:40

Emelin and Gilbert jumped out of the 3rd pairing onto the 2nd one a couple of weeks ago with Beaulieu-Gonchar (or Weaver) as the 3rd unit. With Pateryn paired up with Beaulieu tonight, they're both going to be in the 12 minute range.

we shall see fellas..half of the senators are injured or playing through injuries..this will be the ideal time to see what Pateryn can do with 18-20 minutes toi

Have been pulling for Gregory since he was in Michigan, but I would be shocked if he was even over 15minutes.

Got fingers crossed he does well, or even gets a semi regular shift all game.

I think he will be quite nervous and tentative, but hope he at least tries to be physical around the net and doesnt get running around in own end..

Guest Stogey24

half senators are injured, non play off team with a goalie that has never played an NHL game.............. and they beat the habs.

How? Price was not playing for Montreal.

The questions everyone has asked all year: is this team as good as their record, well, I've basically watched every game this year( winter life) and I'd say no. There are some serious underlying issues with this team. The zone entry is the same every game, dump the Puck in and chase it. Obviously it does work at times, but when that is literally all you do, teams just set their D back in anticipation for the puck to be put in the corner and just ring the puck back around the boards. Subban, Beaulieu, and Markov need to start wheeling the puck into the zone or trying to feeze opposing teams at their blue line and drop the puck back and have someone at full speed bring the puck.

That's one thing I really miss about Gomez. He was just great at taking the puck into the other team's zone.

That's all he could do. He always put himself in a position where he couldn't pass to anyone clean afterwards. That's the difference between a Gomez and a Subban.

That's all he could do. He always put himself in a position where he couldn't pass to anyone clean afterwards. That's the difference between a Gomez and a Subban.

Thats right, and everybody knew he would do that and they let him, he would move across blue line, fade out to the boards away from the middle and give it up. Everytime

Pateryn wasn't special last night, but neither was he bad.

I feel the same, he wasn't swimming any more than Emelin or Gilbert do on a nightly basis, he's trying to get his bearings. Tonight may be a better indicator of how ready he is, either for a trade, or a stint in the bigs...

Yes Pateryn has looked 'OK' and had nice pass to Plekanec but Luongo made the stop. And Pateryn does have a hard shot, which haven't really seen yet.

And if Gonchar back tomorrow, it might be Tinordi going back down to Hamilton first.

Guest Stogey24

Yes Pateryn has looked 'OK' and had nice pass to Plekanec but Luongo made the stop. And Pateryn does have a hard shot, which haven't really seen yet.

And if Gonchar back tomorrow, it might be Tinordi going back down to Hamilton first.

I really like the speed back there right now. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing what these kids can do for a little bit