Feb. 21 19:10 EST Columbus vs Montreal

DON

Some men are so fixated on the importance of size...for one reason or other (Brian Burke Disease I think it is called). :blush:

Not me. Asked about Thomas. Too small for what little offence he will bring. Fact.

MB when he was hired "everyone wants a big fast team, well it does not happen over night"

What was DD thinking, when he was in front of net with puck and instead of shooting, he passes to Max below goalline?

Shoot the puck when in the prime slot location, shouldn't be that hard to do.

The mental block reminds of Steve Sax trying to simply toss a ball to 1st base on easy out and putting it 10 feet over head of 1st baseman and into Row#15.

DD aint gonna change now..............he has been looking for Max first when he gets the puck since they were both bulldogs.

Scores and shoots more when Max is not on his line.

Does that make Eller expendable? Its pointing to more and more likely that he will be part of the package we send out to get our top six RW or top 4 D-man

i think it does. I mean the Habs have been more than patient with Eller, and he's disappointed. I definitely believe that De La Rose can replace what Eller brings. Package him with someone else, and get us a RW!

Yes, however unless it was an offer that MB cant refuse for Eller I would keep him for the season and play offs. If he still disappoints move him in the summer. I for one will not be surprised if Larry excels elsewhere though. We have all seen stretches where he has been great. Some players do not do as well as others with "the merry go round lines". Or maybe Larrys just a strange bird.

Any one remember the four goal night he had? One of the goals was a lights out move on a penalty shot. Fans thought he's arrived. Back in 012.

I don't believe that Eller will "excel" elsewhere. He is a glorified version of Jan Bulis: mediocrity personified. That said, Habs30 makes a good point about keeping him for the playoffs. He was so good last year in the post-season, who knows; maybe he's one of those guys who cranks it up for the dance.

I don't believe that Eller will "excel" elsewhere. He is a glorified version of Jan Bulis: mediocrity personified. That said, Habs30 makes a good point about keeping him for the playoffs. He was so good last year in the post-season, who knows; maybe he's one of those guys who cranks it up for the dance.

Not that he 'cranks" it up. He is willing to play "inside" ...... habs have some key players who log a lot of ice time but tend to play on the perimeter. Play offs those players struggle.

Yes, however unless it was an offer that MB cant refuse for Eller I would keep him for the season and play offs.

i could live with that. I have to admit that I am curious to see if he's gonna kick it up a notch in the play offs like he did last year!

The trouble with that is if he doesn't then he is basically useless and untradeable. Sometimes you have to make a decision based on the 2 or 3 years you have watched him. In the right deal I trade him in a heartbeat.

I would not hesitate to trade Eller or Emelin. They are the last of the teams overpayments. Neither plays up to their paygrade. Emelin at least contributes a unique skill to the soft habs with some hitting, so while overpaid, he contributes to the team, but I rank Ellers importance to the Canadiens about as high as Bornival.

I would not hesitate to trade Eller or Emelin. They are the last of the teams overpayments. Neither plays up to their paygrade. Emelin at least contributes a unique skill to the soft habs with some hitting, so while overpaid, he contributes to the team, but I rank Ellers importance to the Canadiens about as high as Bornival.

yea and that was the case last year.........then he outplayed every forward on the club when it mattered most....play offs

Can't trade a guy who played great in the playoffs!

Wait, where did that Bork guy go?

Can't trade a guy who played great in the playoffs!

Wait, where did that Bork guy go?

Point taken. However this was the third team bourque did his disappearing act on.....and I'm sure with the low opinion held for Eller you guys dont actually think they would get much for him? Thats why i say give him one more play off, if he sucks dump him in the summer.

and If DD disappears again this spring? Keep him for one more the regular season? Reversed. :halm:

Could habs find a loop hole in cap where DD plays regular season. Then in april passes the baton to Larry ? Count them as one player, with one salary. :blush:

Could habs find a loop hole in cap where DD plays regular season. Then in april passes the baton to Larry ? Count them as one player, with one salary. :blush:

Ha ha, way to think outside the box!

I disagree that DD played poorly last playoff, but there is no denying that his numbers were bad.

Bergevin once distinguished between players that help you make the playoffs, and players that help you win in the playoffs. The last hope for Eller is that he's the latter type. But if an attractive deal comes together involving Eller - who may have some value to some teams who will kid themselves that they can get more out of him - I wouldn't hesitate to make it. Eller is, ultimately, highly replaceable.

Guest Stogey24

I disagree that DD played poorly last playoff, but there is no denying that his numbers were bad.

Bergevin once distinguished between players that help you make the playoffs, and players that help you win in the playoffs. The last hope for Eller is that he's the latter type. But if an attractive deal comes together involving Eller - who may have some value to some teams who will kid themselves that they can get more out of him - I wouldn't hesitate to make it. Eller is, ultimately, highly replaceable.

lol, it would be nice to find that team. Definitely a possibility

Yes it would be nice to find that team. Where is Gord Stellick and Mike Milbury when you need them?

DD also did squat in the play offs the year before last