TradeCentre '15

ICEWATER77

Considering the first rounders that were being thrown around like Gallagher standing in front of the opposition's net, I was rather happy with the price for Petry.

I'm not saying Zoot made a bad deal in the context of deadline day. But like you say, that "context" is one marked by horrendous deals. This wasn't horrendous, but if Petry walks, it sure doesn't look good.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stogey24

Good point. But who knows what the asking price was. Zoot showed he is willing to overpay with Petry, so it must have been a pretty significant price-point on Iggy to make him balk.

Ya, I'd assume high. I just feel the only missing piece is one more guy who can bury steadily, but as you guys said, there is a price to pay

Not quite nobodies. Phillips was a 1st rounder in 2011 while Knight was an early 2nd in 2010. This is a legit prospect swap.

Well, still nobodies in the context of, "What are you going to do for me this playoff run," anyway.

If Patches goes down, we are done. It's that simple.

We talking about the same Pacioretty that was tied for sixth post-season road scoring on the team? Who had a point less than Dale Weise on even strength playoff scoring? That Pacioretty?

Team game in the playoffs. Pacioretty could continue his regular season scoring into the playoffs and be a big contributor for us. Or his line could get shut down and we have to look to the bottom six that gets easier matchups (which we did last year with Eller, Bourque and Weise) or we look to the second line. It seems to be forgotten that Alex Galchenyuk was out for the first two rounds but had three points in five playoff games in the Eastern Conference finals. Having a healthy Galchenyuk is going to be huge for us scoring wise.

Petry was a good pick up and I thought he was coming here. The others well I guess we will see, heck I haven't really heard of them to be honest. Sounds like MB figures we can win, so he stocked up for the long haul.

Got to say I like Bergevin's seeming restraint and being quite conservative in trades today.

Would of loved some high end top six player, but Vanek wasn't a big deal in playoffs was he.

Guest Stogey24

Got to say I like Bergevin's seeming restraint and being quite conservative in trades today.

Would of loved some high end top six player, but Vanek wasn't a big deal in playoffs was he.

Probably offseason signing

We talking about the same Pacioretty that was tied for sixth post-season road scoring on the team? Who had a point less than Dale Weise on even strength playoff scoring? That Pacioretty?

Team game in the playoffs. Pacioretty could continue his regular season scoring into the playoffs and be a big contributor for us. Or his line could get shut down and we have to look to the bottom six that gets easier matchups (which we did last year with Eller, Bourque and Weise) or we look to the second line. It seems to be forgotten that Alex Galchenyuk was out for the first two rounds but had three points in five playoff games in the Eastern Conference finals. Having a healthy Galchenyuk is going to be huge for us scoring wise.

Yes that pacs.