Sweet Revenge: Canucks @ Bell Centre 7:30PM EST RDS and Sportsnet

An option I would try

Bud Holloway.

Interesting, at 27 he should have made it to the big show. Not to say he is no good, but he has had a kind of up and down career showing talent in Europe and somewhat less in north america. It is a possibility.

Two teams, numerous sports casters and a ton of fans had written Semin off. It was no gamble. It was dream.

I can live with lack of depth at right wing (for now) , What I dont like is that Chucky is the one who gets burned most by a the right wing problem. Till the Habs get a real one, he gets the "hey he's cheap, whats to lose". I say give Gally to Chucky and let the captain and Pleks carry the stiff for a while.

I really liked Brian's article today about RW options for Chucky....

Short leash for Semin maybe the worst move for the team, and Therrien... unless Bergy saves the day with a trade.

Makes perfect sense, great article ya ask me, because breaking up the #1 line is idiocy until Plek has slid to a #3 C performer, unless of course DD goes back there...oh the outcry :angry2:

Another year or two at least...

My vote, trade some assets for a high scoring winger, or stay the course till the deadline and see what rentals there are in play.

Interesting, at 27 he should have made it to the big show. Not to say he is no good, but he has had a kind of up and down career showing talent in Europe and somewhat less in north america. It is a possibility.

He was expected to make the Kings the summer he left for Europe. Did nothing but score there including leading the SHL in scoring (not an easy feat).

We want to talk about guys who didn't get a chance... he got all of one preseason game where he played 9 minutes on the fourth line and then was sent to the AHL.

Since being in the AHL all he's done is compete for the league lead in points.....

He was expected to make the Kings the summer he left for Europe. Did nothing but score there including leading the SHL in scoring (not an easy feat).

We want to talk about guys who didn't get a chance... he got all of one preseason game where he played 9 minutes on the fourth line and then was sent to the AHL.

Since being in the AHL all he's done is compete for the league lead in points.....

Really? Interesting. Did not realize that.

Bring him up ! Give him a legit shot.

Guest Stogey24

Because he was brought in to be a Vet in Hamilton

At the time, Kings fans were furious that he kept getting skipped for a call up in favour of grinders.

Because he was brought in to be a Vet in Hamilton

I don't know about that. He makes less money in the AHL than he did in Europe and he's still relatively young.

I think he wants an NHL chance (who in his situation wouldn't)....

I don't know about that. He makes less money in the AHL than he did in Europe and he's still relatively young.

I think he wants an NHL chance (who in his situation wouldn't)....

And even if the Habs brought him for the specific purpose of being a vet in the AHL, that doesn't mean they are not going to consider him as a call-up if he can help the team.

Give the dismal state of the alternatives - as Brian's fine article on this question persuasively shows - why the hell NOT bring Holloway up? It is painfully clear that no one on the team can fit the bill.

I remember a certain youngster named David Desharnais who consistently ripped it up in the AHL. Not being much a follower of prospects, I remember being puzzled by the fact that his name was never mentioned as a possible call-up, given his amazing numbers. He was widely dismissed as an NHL prospect because he was 'too small and too slow.' Finally, the Habs broke down and did call him up. I think he had one great game and then was sent back down, but the next time he got the call, if memory serves, he never went back. Now he's close to being a core guy.

The point is just that, if you're not careful, you can end up burying late bloomers in the minors and end up missing out on a bona-fide NHL solution. Give Holloway a chance!!

Guest Stogey24

Well if Torey Mitchell ends up being out for a bit, then I'm assuming Holloway will get the call. I just don't see Bergevin waiving a player to call him up

There is a very good chance that Holloway isn't the answer.

But guess what, you have 9 games and 29 days to find out.

As long as he doesn't play a 10th game or be on the roster for 30 days, he will not need waivers. So give him a shot... at least exhaust the possibilities.

There is a very good chance that Holloway isn't the answer.

But guess what, you have 9 games and 29 days to find out.

As long as he doesn't play a 10th game or be on the roster for 30 days, he will not need waivers. So give him a shot... at least exhaust the possibilities.

If I read Brian's article correctly, he has to clear waivers to come up, which is why Brian said he is really not an option. But I have no problem with giving him a shot.

He does not have to clear waivers to come up. Only to go back and thats only if he plays 10 games or spends 30 days on the roster.

Issue is we have 23 on the roster... and you need to clear a space for him. Emelin or mitchell going on ir would clear the space

If I read Brian's article correctly, he has to clear waivers to come up, which is why Brian said he is really not an option. But I have no problem with giving him a shot.

There are no more re-entry waivers. It's only the going down part where it could potentially be an issue.

Give the dismal state of the alternatives - as Brian's fine article on this question persuasively shows - why the hell NOT bring Holloway up? It is painfully clear that no one on the team can fit the bill.

I remember a certain youngster named David Desharnais who consistently ripped it up in the AHL. Not being much a follower of prospects, I remember being puzzled by the fact that his name was never mentioned as a possible call-up, given his amazing numbers. He was widely dismissed as an NHL prospect because he was 'too small and too slow.' Finally, the Habs broke down and did call him up. I think he had one great game and then was sent back down, but the next time he got the call, if memory serves, he never went back. Now he's close to being a core guy.

The point is just that, if you're not careful, you can end up burying late bloomers in the minors and end up missing out on a bona-fide NHL solution. Give Holloway a chance!!

Who is "you"

Therrien the genius? or MB

Careful. Sounds like you are "attacking" who ever is not bring this kid up. :nuts: