Oct. 18, Avs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I think I know what irks me about Gilbert...

Everything he does is a soft play. On the PK he'll have the option to dump the puck from behind the net, instead he holds it and tries a soft pass to someone only kind of open. He'll pinch in smartly, but then throw the puck to know one rather than go into the corner.

I know he's an advanced stats darling, and I have no doubt he helps the team... but he's just... so... soft...

I think I know what irks me about Gilbert...

Everything he does is a soft play. On the PK he'll have the option to dump the puck from behind the net, instead he holds it and tries a soft pass to someone only kind of open. He'll pinch in smartly, but then throw the puck to know one rather than go into the corner.

I know he's an advanced stats darling, and I have no doubt he helps the team... but he's just... so... soft...

My dad says he's the Anglo version of Breezer. Gilbert is ok. He's a top-4 defenseman, but it is going to get old seeing him rush the play to avoid hit. He really needs a hair cut as well. EOTP seem to think he's a top pairing dman, but they get carried away.

The nightly Subban minor!

Guest Stogey24

Holy f*** boys, that's best goal I've seen in a long time

Tinordi is just huge and strong. I'd take him to win in most fights he partakes in. Not too many guys out there as big as him.

He's taken a few shit kickings in the Ahl, but he ain't losing many

PK gets a penalty while the ref watches Gally get cross-checked repeatedly and does nothing :hammer:

Maybe a penalty isn't such a bad thing in this case. PK :hockey: Wow

Their talking about having an interview with tinordi now during the break. U get commercials, I get to hear the tv staff talk while they think noone can hear them. Also will be some talk with mackinnon.

Guest Stogey24

Their talking about having an interview with tinordi now during the break. U get commercials, I get to hear the tv staff talk while they think noone can hear them. Also will be some talk with mackinnon.

That's hilarious

Tinordi is just huge and strong. I'd take him to win in most fights he partakes in. Not too many guys out there as big as him.

I wonder how he'd do against Chara...

Certainly better than anyone else on the Habs roster, but that "better" might only be "doesn't get killed".

So Galchenyuk steps out of the box and scores, then Subban steps out of the box and scores. Does this mean an early Bourque goal this period is coming? (Not likely but wouldn't that be something...)

I was thinking to myself that we didn't see much of Sekac in the 2nd. We really didn't, he only had three shifts.

Guest Stogey24

So Galchenyuk steps out of the box and scores, then Subban steps out of the box and scores. Does this mean an early Bourque goal this period is coming? (Not likely but wouldn't that be something...)

I was thinking to myself that we didn't see much of Sekac in the 2nd. We really didn't, he only had three shifts.

I thought he was playing alright. He's a little soft on the puck at times, but that's to be expected

I wonder how he'd do against Chara...

Certainly better than anyone else on the Habs roster, but that "better" might only be "doesn't get killed".

Chara is just a monster. Even Tinordi gives up three inches and thirty pounds.

I guess the Avs had a players only meeting during the second intermission. They should start with not giving up 35-45 shots a game. Getting an NHL caliber defense is the next step.