Game #82 : Toronto @ Montréal Saturday night 19:00

sakiqc

Thanks to everyone this year for sharing all of your knowledge and enthusiasm with me. I am not worried at all about next year. This was the year of the inaccurate prognosis on Markov around whom all decisions were made costing the Goat his job.

We have a good team. We have a wonderful club; let's see where we go from here. Thanks again for all the company.

Cheers, at least we go out with a win over the laughs who were equally as disappointing to their fans so we don't have to take heat...

Lot's to build on, hope we find the right builders.

If we remove the shootout, the team finished the season with a goal differential of -1. That should tell you they are not near as bad as the record shows. We just need a couple pices and we'll be fine next year.

For now the focus needs to be on finding a franchise defining centre in this draft.

Yes. The general consensus, even from the professional 'analysts,' is that the Habs are better than their record and should be competitive next season. Everything possible went wrong this season, from catastrophic injuries to bizarre SO totals, a revolt from a key star (Cammy), chaos generated by wacky managerial moves, the whole bit.

Still, it's not a slam-dunk. They will need to make the right moves this off-season, in particular unloading Gomer Pyle , adding a stabilizing defenceman, and hiring a quality coach. If we cannot replace the hole Cammy leaves in the roster - and to my mind our lack of a top-3 winger is a more serious organizational weakness than the C position - we at least need to replace Kostitsyn in the top-6.