"I hate Plekanec. I can't stand him." (Brad Marchand)

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/30/marchand-on-plekanec-i-hate-him-i-cant-stand-him/

“There are a few guys out there that really irritate,” said Marchand, who it should be noted has authored his own adventures in embellishment over the years. “Tomas Plekanec from Montreal…I hate him. I can’t stand him. No, I probably shouldn’t say that. I dislike him very much.

“Now somebody is going to call and get mad at me tomorrow.”

He needs to keep his fool mouth shut. Rat has 5 goals in his last 40+ playoff games, and he's been a mainstay of the Boston rumor mill this summer.

Who really hates Plekanec? Honestly? He's a clean player who got a raw deal on an embellishment call. Sounds like the Gooins are trying to take the moral high ground on the diving debate earlier and earlier each year.

• Upvote 1

I think the opposition hates playing against him, especially in a best-of-7 series, because he shuts them down. Pleks' hockey IQ is his best weapon.

"Look at me...please".

Poor lil Bradley not getting enough attention and career is flopping.

Ashamed he is from the maritimes, but what can you do.

It's very possible that Plekanec is really good at getting under people's skin.

I get the feeling he is, because his play annoys the opponent, and when the mouth off to him he has a prime opportunity to make some jabs

• Upvote 1

Isn't it universally considered a compliment to be hated by Marchand?

There's an arrogance about Pleks that his play backs up.

Agree, there is a bit of an arrogance to Pleks, or maybe it's just a bit of swagger, I think Pleks is quite a smart guy, and sees who he can get off their game, and that just agitates dummies like Marchand.... who will never be an "atom splitter"...

Pleks seems to have Crosby's number on the temper control too.... of course he has a lot of top center's number, lol

Isn't it universally considered a compliment to be hated by Marchand?

There's an arrogance about Pleks that his play backs up.

I don't think he likes anybody on the Habs, which is as it should be. I don't think he and PK are exactly the best of buddies. The guy is a crybaby like all the teddy bears. Who gives a crap.

I don't think he likes anybody on the Habs, which is as it should be. I don't think he and PK are exactly the best of buddies. The guy is a crybaby like all the teddy bears. Who gives a crap.

One would expect Marchand to name Subban, who he has twice fought with and Marchand's career is remembered either by him abusing Sedin or getting bee-stung by Subban. Instead he names Plekanec, the guy he got away with cheapshotting in a faceoff.

Good for Marchant to speak his mind. Lucic certainly didn't keep his emotions in check while shaking hands after their playoff loss to the HABS.

His quote will only help motivate Pleks and the rest of the HABS to play meaner and faster against the Bruins next season.

Looking forward to 2014-15 season, the HABS have improved themselves and might not have PLEKs at the beginning of the season by trading him.