Habs re-sign Bournival

dlbalr

I sure liked Bournival when he first came up, a couple of years ago. Wonderful energy, and he even chipped in with some goals.

The wheels just fell off after that. I gather a concussion was a big factor. But he was really a non-entity last year. Hopefully he can recover the form he had when he first showed up.

Not official but the contract appears to be $600k in the NHL and $125k in the minors. Not bad for cheap depth at the very least.

That is a very cheap signing, however I can't see him making the club, he will have to clear waivers. They won't want to expose him waivers, so I gotta think he may be traded rather than lose him for nothing. Which is too damn bad cause I think he will be a very good hockey player in the near future.

Guest Stogey24

I sure liked Bournival when he first came up, a couple of years ago. Wonderful energy, and he even chipped in with some goals.

The wheels just fell off after that. I gather a concussion was a big factor. But he was really a non-entity last year. Hopefully he can recover the form he had when he first showed up.

Couldn't agree more. He got smoked more than once last year. Shoulder injury didn't help either

Yeah, re-signing 23 year olds with NHL experience is such a terrible idea.

Yeah,lets make it 5 forwards under 6'. Terrible player = terrible idea. Another Tom Pyatt.Unless its for AHL depth

Yeah,lets make it 5 forwards under 6'. Terrible player = terrible idea. Another Tom Pyatt.Unless its for AHL depth

He's a borderline player making borderline money on a borderline contract. All teams have them. Hardly worth criticizing.

• Upvote 1

He's a borderline player making borderline money on a borderline contract. All teams have them. Hardly worth criticizing.

And a ton of that stuff called potential, just due to his skating ability.

Great skater, had a really tough season with injuries, but a decent defensive player with speed, can't hurt for that much money...

• Upvote 1

So let's just get rid of all the small players for nothing. That's a great way to utilize assets. He's a serviceable depth NHL'er making just shy of the league minimum. There is nothing to complain about here, unless you want to keep harping on the size. Here's hoping you don't choose to complain about every smallish player every time their name gets brought up. Complaining about the same thing or two over and over doesn't tend to go over well here.

Tangradi would have been a better Signing

He wanted out of Montreal badly from what I heard the other day. He apparently was none too pleased about his lack of NHL time and wanted to go elsewhere.

Too bad Tangradi felt that way, he stood out in the AHL, but I guess just didn't have 'it' to make it as a NHL regular.

Is Bournival on a LL trajectory? He must be below Hudon, Andrighetto, Carr now isn't he?

So let's just get rid of all the small players for nothing. That's a great way to utilize assets. He's a serviceable depth NHL'er making just shy of the league minimum. There is nothing to complain about here, unless you want to keep harping on the size. Here's hoping you don't choose to complain about every smallish player every time their name gets brought up. Complaining about the same thing or two over and over doesn't tend to go over well here.

He wanted out of Montreal badly from what I heard the other day. He apparently was none too pleased about his lack of NHL time and wanted to go elsewhere.
I forgot our management is smarter than everyone else. I will keep harping on size as long as we get useless small players like Bourn,Mitchell, Flynn. It's been proven you can't win with Smurfs. Hawks aren't big,but they are the only exception, and we have no Kane. Look how Ottaw and Tampa's big dmen kept their net clear. Our forwards were too weak,small or scared to get rebounds and screen goalies. It's ridiculous our power forward is 5'8

complaintsng about management doesn't seem to go well here

On utilizing assets: how do you utilize the small AHL or 5th liners we are stocked with. Pleks and Gally should be the only small forwards on this team. Andrighetto OR Hudon also if they have talent. I also would have kept Cammi . I hate the signings of small borderline Nhlers. They are not an asset

On utilizing assets: how do you utilize the small AHL or 5th liners we are stocked with. Pleks and Gally should be the only small forwards on this team. Andrighetto OR Hudon also if they have talent. I also would have kept Cammi . I hate the signings of small borderline Nhlers. They are not an asset

The point is ONE of these prospects could work. You don't just throw away guys with potential when you can keep him for basically league minimum. Yes, Bournival is currently a borderline NHLer, but he's also young, and simply a good offensive option in the AHL, and could help lead guys like McCarron, Scherbak, etc. He's played over 100 NHL games so he has a lot to tell those guys. Some times a signing isn't just about the individuals' standalone value.

P.S. Don't worry about posters getting defensive or whatever, were just excitable Habs fans lol! Wouldn't be fun if we all agreed would it ;) ?

Guest Stogey24

Why?

Bigger, stronger, put up better numbers in the A this year than Bournival ever has, can play an actual fourth line role. Should I go on?

Bigger, stronger, put up better numbers in the A this year than Bournival ever has, can play an actual fourth line role. Should I go on?

Tangradi did not want to be here, that kind of precludes all else.

Maybe he was better in the ahl but bournival 19 pts in 89 games. Tangradi 15 points in 143 games. I don't think being good in the ahl means much if you can't make it in the nhl. I don't see that tangradi had a lot of succes at the level we need. He has been traded 4 times at 26 years of age and allowed to leave as free agent. Apparently he hasn't impressed too many GM's.