Habs re-sign Tinordi to One Year Two-Way Contract

Habsfan84

Gilbert isn't the odd man out. You and a lot of others may think he is, but MT and MB don't. He will get plenty of ice time on the bottom pair, which is where he will be pretty effective.

He wasn't nearly as bad as most people say he was.

I'm inclined to agree with that, but then again, this scenario leaves us with Tiny and Pateryn riding the pine pretty much every night. That's no good for anybody. Are you really going to trade away Tinordi or Pateryn (or lose 'em on waivers) just so Gilbert can get his minutes? I can see Bergevin moving Gilbert early on, purely to avoid these scenarios.

Guest Stogey24

I'm inclined to agree with that, but then again, this scenario leaves us with Tiny and Pateryn riding the pine pretty much every night. That's no good for anybody. Are you really going to trade away Tinordi or Pateryn (or lose 'em on waivers) just so Gilbert can get his minutes? I can see Bergevin moving Gilbert early on, purely to avoid these scenarios.

Yup, or Emelin goes :) :) :) :)

Haha Stogey, you are consistent at least ;) Can't say I disagree with you either.

I really, really, want to see Gilbert in another uniform before camp...

Guest Stogey24

Haha Stogey, you are consistent at least ;) Can't say I disagree with you either.

I really, really, want to see Gilbert in another uniform before camp...

It just drives me insane when people say we need his physical presence on the blue line. Times have changed, this isn't the small D-core it once was. Pateryn, Petry, Beaulieu, and Tinordi can fill the void of Emelin. Not to mention 3 of those guys combined make less than Emelin.

Bergevin made a mistake on this contact, he's cleaned up his misses before, I'm sure he can do it again. Even if it means retaining some salary