Habs trade Rene Bourque for Bryan Allen

Trizzak

MB has a plan. Just wait and see.

your right MB does have a plan and I'm starting to wonder how much of it actually has to do with leverage in contract talks with tinordi and nathan as well...

you have to wonder with their entry level deals expiring, tucking them back into the A for the rest of the season will kill there chance at significant raises through strong play throughout this season. instead, with few games played their leverage has been negated .... he trades for these expiring contracts, tucks the kids back in the AHL... then post season resigns the 2 kids for 2 years each at a slight raise and then starts to ride them next season.... he is a cap guru no doubt!

As a result of the trade, the Habs now have the oldest defence corps in the NHL:

AverageDAges.jpg

I tell ya molson owns a rocking chair factory and both he and MB have shares in depends.

your right MB does have a plan and I'm starting to wonder how much of it actually has to do with leverage in contract talks with tinordi and nathan as well...

you have to wonder with their entry level deals expiring, tucking them back into the A for the rest of the season will kill there chance at significant raises through strong play throughout this season. instead, with few games played their leverage has been negated .... he trades for these expiring contracts, tucks the kids back in the AHL... then post season resigns the 2 kids for 2 years each at a slight raise and then starts to ride them next season.... he is a cap guru no doubt!

He is using the rules as they are written, but I think there is more trading to be done. :ph34r:

League wide defensemen are a commodity, can't have too many NHL veterans near the deadline, or in any trade considerations, or for depth in case of injuries heading in to the playoffs.

Bergevin has been very steady on the salary structure for the Habs, bridge contracts for everyone, and if he is trying to maintain first overall, and maintain a realistic salary for the young players coming up like you say with Tinordi and Beaulieu, then that's just smart management.

Especially in light of the growing obvious, that they are indeed not ready to play the NHL game quite yet.

All good management, and we are in first overall... veteran defense cores win cups....

Some people just like to bitch when there's really nothing to bitch about.

Cant argue with MB's cap managing. HOM theories make sense I guess. Sill not a big fan of having the oldest d in the league. Its a long season followed by grueling play off marathon. If you expect to go deep?? But MB is set up deep if and when injuries come up. Lotta capable bodies.

Cant argue with MB's cap managing. HOM theories make sense I guess. Sill not a big fan of having the oldest d in the league. Its a long season followed by grueling play off marathon. If you expect to go deep?? But MB is set up deep if and when injuries come up. Lotta capable bodies.

Most NHL teams use whole bunch of d-men throughout year and bottom couple guys can easily be spelled off for game or three, whereas a top 4 d-man like Markov is much harder to sit.

Oldest also likely Most Experienced, with couple good youngsters 'almost-NHL ready', so am more pleased with depth than worried about age. And like Gonchar move, the vast majority of HabFans are patting Bergevin on the back once again for adding the big gritty defender and clearing the deck a bit more.