Feb 18th, 2013 - Hurricanes vs Habs

dlbalr

This game is a real test for the Habs. Beating Florida and Philly (who are playing Awful hockey) is nice, but can we beat a hot team? Wait til we have to play Boston...

If this was Price, I would have more confidence but Budaj didnt impress me much in the last game. Several sure goals were saved by the D with Budaj out of position. 19 shots..... I suspect he will get a lot more tonight.

He faced exactly 19 shots haha.

Hopefully you won't be so much of a negative Nancy next game! ;)

I think that we played well tonight, but some players, namely Moen, Armstrong and Cole need to start contributing more!! Happy that Max Pac finally scored, hopefully it was the spark he needed to get going and it will also help Cole!! Eller is very impressive! He has stepped up and needs to keep up the good work. The defense has done a good job helping Budaj, who made the key saves tonight to get us a 2nd win with him in nets! We have to play like this more often, shut down the big players on the other team like we did the two Staal brothers, Semin and their offensive D tonight. We also did a good job of breaking Cam Ward's confidence! Tomorrow, we are facing Marc Staal, Michael Del Zotto, Marian Gaborik, Mike Richards, Rick Nash, Ryan Callahan, Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan and others. We need to keep those guys off the score sheet. We are also facing one of the best goalies in the game, Henrik Lundqvist...we need to crash his net, block his vision! If we can do those things, we will get a 5th consecutive win.

He faced exactly 19 shots haha.

Hopefully you won't be so much of a negative Nancy next game! ;)

Negative.... I said it would be a good test... Didn't say they wouldnt win it.

I will be really impressed when they beat Toronto, Boston, and Pitts. The rangers will be interesting as you never know which ranger team will show up. Maybe our PP will wake up.

On another note... Nice to see improvement in our faceoffs.

I think that we played well tonight, but some players, namely Moen, Armstrong and Cole need to start contributing more!! Happy that Max Pac finally scored, hopefully it was the spark he needed to get going and it will also help Cole!! Eller is very impressive! He has stepped up and needs to keep up the good work. The defense has done a good job helping Budaj, who made the key saves tonight to get us a 2nd win with him in nets! We have to play like this more often, shut down the big players on the other team like we did the two Staal brothers, Semin and their offensive D tonight. We also did a good job of breaking Cam Ward's confidence!

I am not sure if we broke Wards confidence or if Pleks just plain broke him. :)

I think that we played well tonight, but some players, namely Moen, Armstrong and Cole need to start contributing more!!

I don't know what people are missing about Moen. He's easily one of our best defensive players.

Negative.... I said it would be a good test... Didn't say they wouldnt win it.

I will be really impressed when they beat Toronto, Boston, and Pitts. The rangers will be interesting as you never know which ranger team will show up. Maybe our PP will wake up.

On another note... Nice to see improvement in our faceoffs.

Later in the thread you were dumping on the team. Just saying, sometimes you should just wait and see ;)

I'm just glad to see Montreal win a game in the third period. Even with three minutes left I wasn't chalking it up as a win yet.

In tribute of the career of Darche:

EZWPXI3.gif

I don't know what people are missing about Moen. He's easily one of our best defensive players.

Later in the thread you were dumping on the team. Just saying, sometimes you should just wait and see ;)

I'm just glad to see Montreal win a game in the third period. Even with three minutes left I wasn't chalking it up as a win yet.

I am not one for blind cheering. Even in a win, you can highlight where we need to improve. Our PP is sucking regardless of a win. It needs to improve. Budaj was still a rebound machine, even if he got away with it. Over time, he won't unless he improves.

Don't take analysis as negativity or all we can do is come and cheer mindlessly, which would be boring.

NIce to see our boys find a new way to win. Also nice to see that the Canes were held to a measely 19 shots (The canes are the team that takes the most shots per game).

Nice foir Budaj to get the shutout and also nice to see that Therrien didn't have to overplay our top lines...we've got a big game tomorrow night!

Keep up the good work boys!

• Upvote 1

I am not one for blind cheering. Even in a win, you can highlight where we need to improve. Our PP is sucking regardless of a win. It needs to improve. Budaj was still a rebound machine, even if he got away with it. Over time, he won't unless he improves.

Don't take analysis as negativity or all we can do is come and cheer mindlessly, which would be boring.

It was less analysis and more, "Oh no the team is gonna start sucking" which isn't analysis at all. I don't even know where the Galchenyuk comment came from because he was playing well all game. His speed looked fine. Carolina was playing extremely well. It's like you forgot they were on a three game winning streak (well, they forgot in the third!)

this was a very good game by the boys, it was contained and they kept the mere chance of an opportunity to a minimum. excelent game for a team playing a backup goal tender. The entire team played well .

this was good

Also the time on ice was pretty well split for the dmen.

17:21 was the low for Frank

and 23:51 for Markov.

Smart by Therrien knowing they have 4 games.

I wonder if Weber or Kabrle draw in at some point.

Budaj.... Shutout... Goalie controversy...

Price who?..

Lol

Budaj really stinks! We need a better back-up goalie in case Price is out!. What? Only one goal allowed in 2 games? A shutout against the division leading Hurricanes!! Quick !!!!! trade him for a 5th pick or a bag of pucks! We have Toscarski :monkey::hyper:

I would like to see the turnovers tonight. There were some worriesome moments tonight. I actually think thus boys would have been beaten by a better team tonight. Faceoffs were good, but getting out of the zone and neutral zone turnovers were plenty.