Drewiske on waivers; cleared

dlbalr

The Habs announced this morning that Drewiske will be put on waivers at noon. I'm not sure why they felt the need to do this given that he was eligible for a waiver-exempt rehab assignment but okay. That will clear his salary off the cap though (after tomorrow). Hopefully he clears, Hamilton could certainly use some more d-men.

All I can say about him is that, considering how much the Habs could have used a big d-man over his time with us, and how little ice time he actually got, he must really blow chunks. Oh, well.

Yes it may be good for he and Hamilton, but I am sure he would like to fly rather than bus, but he would get to play at least and he is supposed to be a hard worker and character guy.

Sort of disappointing that nothing materialized with him. The HABS could have used a big and faster d-man than Murray. Murray as well should be dealt and written off. If we're rebuilding like MB has said, why aren't the young D-men not in the lineup getting as much ice time as possible. At the beginning of the season, it was Bouillon sucking playing time..........

Sort of disappointing that nothing materialized with him. The HABS could have used a big and faster d-man than Murray. Murray as well should be dealt and written off. If we're rebuilding like MB has said, why aren't the young D-men not in the lineup getting as much ice time as possible. At the beginning of the season, it was Bouillon sucking playing time..........

Because having 2 rookies in top 6 on d is not the best recipe for winning, unless are Trouba-Jones-Brodin like.

I would also disagree on shipping Murray out and would rather see extended.

Maybe Drewiski move will allow Beaulieu to be re-called and both Tinordi and he will be on roster for road trip?

I don't see why everyone thinks we should be sellers this year considering we are 2nd in our division with 11 of a possible 12 points in the last 6. Those are pretty good numbers for a 'rebuid'. Oh, Habs fans. :rolleyes:

Murray has been pretty decent for us. Keep him.

Because having 2 rookies in top 6 on d is not the best recipe for winning, unless are Trouba-Jones-Brodin like.

I would also disagree on shipping Murray out and would rather see extended.

Maybe Drewiski move will allow Beaulieu to be re-called and both Tinordi and he will be on roster for road trip?

My point exactly, the young rookies that you are using in your example are much younger than our older "rookies", I would agree that if we played Beaulieu, Tinordi, and Pateryn their first year, it would have been a recipe for failure but that doesn't apply to our players.

Tinordi has already played with the HABS and looked comfortable last year in the playoffs, as long as no one has to play with Murray, they'll all do fine.

Beaulieu is especially ready for full time usage, basically my point is anybody that can skate will do a better job than Murray.

BTW, I even purposely failed to mention Pateryn in the mix.

Let them play, and trade the dead wood.

They haven't cleared a roster spot with this move. Drewiske goes directly from LTIR to waivers, they're still at the max of 23 on the active roster.

They haven't cleared a roster spot with this move. Drewiske goes directly from LTIR to waivers, they're still at the max of 23 on the active roster.

OK thanks, figured wasn't quiet so easy.

I don't see why everyone thinks we should be sellers this year considering we are 2nd in our division with 11 of a possible 12 points in the last 6. Those are pretty good numbers for a 'rebuid'. Oh, Habs fans. :rolleyes:

Murray has been pretty decent for us. Keep him.

rose coloured glasses, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make noise :) Besides Habs fans will accept nothing less than a CUP.

Btw did Drewiske even play a game for us?

They wait till the last day, mar 5 when the rosters expand, roster room should not be an issue. Drewiske hasn't played all year so a conditioning stint probably isn't going to be enough to get him ready given his perceived roll. I see him playing the rest of year in Hamilton to get him back on his game He could be a valuable piece if the bulldogs were to make a run. He could be a Black Knight if he got rolling. MB will decide what to do with him next season, if he is still around. The big part of this is just getting him back to speed.

I don't understand all the Murray hate, he gets the puck out of his end more consistently than Gorges does, maybe more than just Gorges. Battles along the boards hard, and takes a physical toll on the opposing forwards, and he's the only one we have that can do that, not a bad 6/7 guy at all for the money. Tinordi will someday, but that's not yet, not too many people hit like Murray without a run off, another 20lbs and a year or so for Tin Man to be close to as physical...

Drewiske? Cya.....

Agreed. Murray is 10 times better than Bouillon and at the same salary I'd happily keep him as the 6th/7th next year and move gorges.

I don't understand all the Murray hate, he gets the puck out of his end more consistently than Gorges does, maybe more than just Gorges. Battles along the boards hard, and takes a physical toll on the opposing forwards, and he's the only one we have that can do that, not a bad 6/7 guy at all for the money. Tinordi will someday, but that's not yet, not too many people hit like Murray without a run off, another 20lbs and a year or so for Tin Man to be close to as physical...

Drewiske? Cya.....

Agreed. Murray is 10 times better than Bouillon and at the same salary I'd happily keep him as the 6th/7th next year and move gorges.

amazing I concur

Drewiske? Cya.....

Mr Murray the philosopher; in yelling a warning to Tampa (on that 24CH) 'I'm gonna rip your head off..." and then I think he translated into Swedish for Victor Hedman. :angry2:

Murray gets beat down low and has terrible advanced stats. To many fans that means he is disposable human garbage.

Not to me though! - I will take the physical element he brings any day, especially on a team constructed the way ours is. Now whether he gets over-used due to mediocrity in our D-corps is another question.

Murray gets beat down low and has terrible advanced stats. To many fans that means he is disposable human garbage.

Not to me though! - I will take the physical element he brings any day, especially on a team constructed the way ours is. Now whether he gets over-used due to mediocrity in our D-corps is another question.

I heard the high school kids, who are all-in on advanced stats, bickering about who claimed the Habs suck earliest in the year.

And they still beat the Murray is worst d-man statistically, but not quite as loud as before and must be so hard to see your graphs/stats mean diddly squat, not pan out and Habs continue to do well despite terrible coaching/GMing!

I would imagine they would like to see Drewiski playing in Murray's spot, but we all know the odds of that happening.

Guest Stogey24

I heard the high school kids, who are all-in on advanced stats, bickering about who claimed the Habs suck earliest in the year.

And they still beat the Murray is worst d-man statistically, but not quite as loud as before and must be so hard to see your graphs/stats mean diddly squat, not pan out and Habs continue to do well despite terrible coaching/GMing!

I would imagine they would like to see Drewiski playing in Murray's spot, but we all know the odds of that happening.

The thing is, the majority of the people who chirp Murray have not watched him on a consistent basis. The improvements he's made in his skating and Puck handling since the start of the year are quite substantial. He's found a roster spot on this team and if M.B wants character well there is 240lbs of it on his blue line. Murray brings what this team was desperate for. Has anyone else noticed this team not getting pushed around nearly as much this year? Montreal has gained some respect around the league, in my eyes anyways.

The thing is, the majority of the people who chirp Murray have not watched him on a consistent basis. The improvements he's made in his skating and Puck handling since the start of the year are quite substantial. He's found a roster spot on this team and if M.B wants character well there is 240lbs of it on his blue line. Murray brings what this team was desperate for. Has anyone else noticed this team not getting pushed around nearly as much this year? Montreal has gained some respect around the league, in my eyes anyways.

I agree Stogey, he is a force out there, and if you wanna see much worse D, watch the Leafs a game or two....
  • Upvote 1

I doubt it. He'd have gone on a conditioning assignment (since he has sat so long) by now if so.

So Boullion will be playoff cheerleader, or be gone by Wed evening?

I wonder if Boullion would be OK with playing some games in Hamilton?

I wonder if he would be happy playing somewhere else. Frankie can you sing far far away?