Feb 14th, 2013 - Habs vs Panthers

bar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any news on that ?

He's back now.

What a snoozefest this is, I'm finding the Cricket match on RDS2 more interesting at times...and I don't watch Cricket...or speak French.

Terrific news though, the Habs increased their faceoff percentage in the game from 33% all the way to 34%. Progress!

Palushaj just scored for Colorado.

any news on that ?

Hes fine.

Unrelated to this but Aaron Palushaj just picked up his first goal with Colorado. It appears he was bumped up to the 2nd line tonight.

Guest I was late to the party?

we'll take the 2 points, but we wont win many games playing like this. Price excelent. Chucky good drive to the net. Is it time to trade gio for a real goal scorer? That probably wont happen. contract too big.

we'll take the 2 points, but we wont win many games playing like this. Price excelent. Chucky good drive to the net. Is it time to trade gio for a real goal scorer? That probably wont happen. contract too big.

... and a full NTC ...

Gio needs off Plek's line. Pretty obvious.

Time for Therrien to go with:

Pacioretty/Desharnais* - Plekanec - Bourque

Gionta - Eller - Cole

Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Moen - White/Desharnais** - Armstrong

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Boullion - Diaz

* - Pacioretty needs a few games off. Tell him it's for medical reasons.

** - While Patches is resting, DD should play the line. If he shows nothing special as a winger, move him to the fourth line when Patches returns.

DD cannot be on the 4th line. He would be useless in that role.

Either you bench MaxPac, or you play him. There are no "medical" reasons to sit him.

Options for Eller are to play him on the wing with either pleks or DD (who he played well with earlier in the season).

The reason pleks and Gionta aren't clicking is because that is a line that all three guys natural instinct is to shoot. They need a passer.

I'd propose the following:

Eller-pleks-bourque

Maxpac-dd-Gionta

Cole-galy-galy jr

Prust-white-armstrong

Issue is if you move Gionta away from pleks, you have to put two smurfs together - no way around it. For this reason we need to move the papa smurf from the three smurfs.

With Gionta having a full NTC, and NJ losing Parise, I wonder if they would be interested. That's one team he would probably waive his NTC.

Gio needs off Plek's line. Pretty obvious.

Time for Therrien to go with:

Pacioretty/Desharnais* - Plekanec - Bourque

Gionta - Eller - Cole

Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Moen - White/Desharnais** - Armstrong

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Boullion - Diaz

* - Pacioretty needs a few games off. Tell him it's for medical reasons.

** - While Patches is resting, DD should play the line. If he shows nothing special as a winger, move him to the fourth line when Patches returns.

There is a difference. Eller is a better defensive player with good size and can be a physical presence. Issue with him on the 4th line is that we would be turning a potential 2nd line centre who can score into a Brian skrudland who can skate. DD is not as responsible defensively and will be overmatched if he has to play against other energy guys.

The same was said about Eller and he made it work.

Not a pretty game, but like many people say, doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you come out of it with the 2 points. I HATED the way we played in the last minutes of the game in Tampa. To blow a 3 goal lead with 6 minutes to go is unacceptable, however, last year, our boys would've found a way to lose both games in Tampa and Sunrise, whereas this year, we come back home with 4 points.

Carey was awesome. He is our best player.

Nice to see Chucky get a point as well.

Tough test coming up on saturday night. The Flyers started off slow, but are slowly but surely coming back into form. Our boys will have to play better if they want to have any chance of winning against the Broad Street Bullies!

Some thoughts from the game!

*I'm happy I saw this one live from ten rows back; this is the only game that game could have been interesting, Although, a 0-0 game is interesting in it's own way...

*Price is way better than I thought. His poise is unreal. He only had two flurries from Florida to cope with, the inactivity with goalies can lead to errors, but he stayed solid the whole game.

*Colby Armstrong can barely skate. I didn't notice "just how bad" he was on TV, but his skills are no better than Staubitz's. We would be better off with Staubitz. I mean, Sean Thornton at this point is a better hockey player than Colby Armstrong.

*I can't remember the last time the Habs won two in Florida.

*I really enjoyed giving it to the lame Panther's fans. What a joke this team is. The slogan is "Red Rising." Nothing about Florida has to do with the color red. Nothing about a Panther has to do with the color red. Nothing about hockey has to do with the color red. Their slogan is "Red Rising?" That's stupid. The habs hit the ice, and the place erupted. After the game, the habs fans chanted "go habs go" so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you. People had "RDS" and "CBC" signs in the crowd. This team should move.

Didn't see this one. But frankly, it sounds like the Habs played an excellent road game: minimizing opposition chances, good discipline, ace goaltending, just enough scoring to squeak it out. While the negative angle is to say that they barely beat a crap team, the important thing is whether the team is showing signs of getting the fundamentals right: tight defensive team play and (finally) an end to stupid penalties. Although I don't like drawing Philly as the next opponent - this team is still fragile for a test like that - the Florida trip show signs of having righted the sinking ship.

... and a full NTC ...

unlike brian burke we could just ask him to waive it. We really need a center who can win draws. Not sure what we could get for Brian but while the heart is willing, I don't see the ability anymore. Little guys wear out fast when they play like brian does.