Sept. 28, Caps vs Habs, 6 PM

dlbalr

Played like a team that has 16 guys playing who knew that they had made the team and didn't want to be there. They know they still have a bunch of these exhibition games left and went through the motions.

The friday night team with all the kids played like they had something to prove. These guys didn't (with a few exceptions, Price, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Sekac a few small handful of others).

Didn't see the game, of course, but I just watched the replay of that Tinordi hit. Holy cow, the guy is an animal - and then, totally unintimidated by a heavyweight, he clocks Brown with a good right to boot.

I gather from dlbalr's recap that he basically sucked all night, but that's the kind of shift you don't forget. The hit is indeed a bit of a judgement call...it doesn't seem like a 'head shot' proper, more a case of a height differential leading to a guy's head meeting another guy's shoulder straight-on, but you still don't like seeing a guy laid out like that.

All I can say is, if this Tinordi can ever put in all together, between him, PK, and Emelin we are going to have one of the most feared/hated d-corps in all of hockey.

Guest Stogey24

Didn't see the game, of course, but I just watched the replay of that Tinordi hit. Holy cow, the guy is an animal - and then, totally unintimidated by a heavyweight, he clocks Brown with a good right to boot.

I gather from dlbalr's recap that he basically sucked all night, but that's the kind of shift you don't forget. The hit is indeed a bit of a judgement call...it doesn't seem like a 'head shot' proper, more a case of a height differential leading to a guy's head meeting another guy's shoulder straight-on, but you still don't like seeing a guy laid out like that.

All I can say is, if this Tinordi can ever put in all together, between him, PK, and Emelin we are going to have one of the most feared/hated d-corps in all of hockey.

. Tinordi didn't suck, he got caught with a couple penalties, other than that he did his job. Emelin had some bad turnovers. One was right up the centre at our blue line. Price did not looked pleased

With respect to Macaskil, I disagree with the assessment that Tinordi did his cause no good last night. That hit and that fight are going to make MT and MB--not to mention opposing forwards--think long and hard about sending JT to Hamilton. Intimidation is a factor in the NHL and Tinordi has it in spades. I boldly predict that he makes the team with one of NB or Pateryn in rotation. I just don't see Drewski making it...he is an insurance policy that will be stashed in the AHL. And Cube...he should be packed. I have always admired Frankie B as a Hab, but its time to go.

I don't think he suck either. He was a bit slow to react in the 1st period, hence the two penalties. After that he was looking better. We have to understand that he has to adjust to the speed of the NHL. He also doesn't know his opponents yet. Sure he will make his mistakes. That will be Daigneault's job to nurture him slowly, that's all. The guy has incredible size and good speed after a couple of strides. All he has to learn is when to commit himself and when he has to keep his position. Of course, this decision has to be made in the blink of an eye, and it's the difficulty. But some time and patience will do the trick. We need this guy in the line up.

But Subban normally will give up on puck to avoid taking 'one for the team' and getting pasted in own end boards, as all d-men have too.

His arm waving thing is unusual and effective it seems and Price covers up for most of turnovers, so not costly too often, but was in that game.