Oct. 21, Red Wings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Can agree 100%. I was at the game. Was suprised to see how boring was the game.

So damn many offsides by the Habs. Don't recall seing that many in a game.

But in the end, the 3rd period was awesome and the quick goal in OT made everyone go back home with a smile on their face.

The worst offside was Moen's. I could not believe that an NHLer could out skate himself like he did.

If an offside or two is worst complaint, not too bad and pretty minor in grand scheme.

Equal teams, or even equal UFC competitors can produce dull matches because are so similar strategies/strengths, but were lots shots in the game, both goalies played very well and many open-net chances at goals that didn't result in goals, that is way it goes sometimes.

But, the end of 3rd period 4 on 4 and OT 4 on 4 dominance by Habs was frickin great finish and worth having to watch a few too many faceoffs.

Of course, most would love to see a 8-6 end to end barnburner, but Price & MT not likely to favour of runnin and gunnin every game just for style points.

The game was a big like an old school Devils game. Frankly, Babcock has the Wings playing like the Olympic team.... Boring, zero chances, hope to win a close game. It is probably a good idea for the Wings as they are not as fast and talented as they use to be. The game they won against the Leafs in OT was the same way.

The good news....the Habs can play that way if they have to.

Poor Nate, must be cursing Tinordi bout now :blush:

I haven't seen much written about it but the rumour is that it's not Tinordi that got Beaulieu taken out of the lineup but rather something Beaulieu said after the 7-1 loss to Tampa Bay. Since that time, Tinordi has played well enough to hold his spot for a bit so now Beaulieu can spend a few days in Hamilton (he'll be recalled Sunday for those wondering) and get into a couple of games.

This is where I came across the info:

Keeping Jarred Tinordi in the line up in place of Nathan Beaulieu also worked out. Apparently the Habs weren't too pleased with Beaulieu's matter-of-fact response to the pasting they took in Tampa Bay (merci Francois Gagnon).

http://melnickblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-good-bad-ugly-2014-15-game-five.html

If an offside or two is worst complaint, not too bad and pretty minor in grand scheme.

Equal teams, or even equal UFC competitors can produce dull matches because are so similar strategies/strengths, but were lots shots in the game, both goalies played very well and many open-net chances at goals that didn't result in goals, that is way it goes sometimes.

But, the end of 3rd period 4 on 4 and OT 4 on 4 dominance by Habs was frickin great finish and worth having to watch a few too many faceoffs.

Of course, most would love to see a 8-6 end to end barnburner, but Price & MT not likely to favour of runnin and gunnin every game just for style points.

dont need to see 8-6 ..............but all the icings and offsides do slow down and other wise fast paced game. but will take the two points for sure

Thats the point I believe. Obviously the habs have not been able to find or develope that type of no 1 center.......... how else would you explain TP leading all habs forwards in ice time by a land slide.

MTL has a problem developing and drafting big centers. That leaves something to be desired, not having a true, dominating number one center since Vincent Damphousse when Jim Nill has gotten two in under a year.

I haven't seen much written about it but the rumour is that it's not Tinordi that got Beaulieu taken out of the lineup but rather something Beaulieu said after the 7-1 loss to Tampa Bay. Since that time, Tinordi has played well enough to hold his spot for a bit so now Beaulieu can spend a few days in Hamilton (he'll be recalled Sunday for those wondering) and get into a couple of games.

This is where I came across the info:

http://melnickblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-good-bad-ugly-2014-15-game-five.html

What was the "matter of fact response"?

MTL has a problem developing and drafting big centers. That leaves something to be desired, not having a true, dominating number one center since Vincent Damphousse when Jim Nill has gotten two in under a year.

Two from our division.

Don't forget what it cost Toronto to get Kessel from Boston.

If true, Beaulieu needs to talk with one of the leaders of the team on how to gel properly and follow the code of conduct. If not, pretty clear some in the media don't like him and haven't for quite some time.

I did not see that. What I had heard on RDS was that he was reluctant to follow JJ Daigneault's directives during practice. If it was the case, it surely was not very intelligent behavior.

I don't know exactly what happened/didn't happen, but I have a msg for NB....come on Nate, you get your foot in the door, then you're going to shoot yourself in it?!! rather than act like a spoiled fn baby, kick that door down and get on with your career. grow up, ffs!

Questions have been raised about Beaulieu's character before. They continue to be raised, and that's not good. It was probably a mistake to keep him with the team after a training camp that most observers considered disappointing - all that would have done is reinforce any attitude of entitlement that exists.

I've seen this kind of movie before, with Hainsey, Ribeiro, and Grabovksi for starters. Let's hope for all our sakes that Nate the Great can add a layer of maturity and that the Habs will have the patience needed to help him fulfill his formidable potential.

Maybe he just isn't Hab material?

If he went bye bye, I would think would command a pretty good return and a weak defensive d-man with a 104mph slapshot in Hamilton could replace his (supposed) offensive production, which hasnt been seen since he turned pro at either AHL/NHL level.

If he went bye bye, I would think would command a pretty good return and a weak defensive d-man with a 104mph slapshot in Hamilton could replace his (supposed) offensive production, which hasnt been seen since he turned pro at either AHL/NHL level.

It's unfortunate, but the more I look at him, the more I think that he will be traded. Like you said, he probably has excellent value. If you mix another player and a draft pick in the trade, we might be able to get a very good player.

Nygren could fill his spot, but Pateryn or Dietz could too. We have good depth.

Guest Stogey24

30pts a year for a young defensemen on a terrible AHL team is not bad at all.

He's played two seasons in Hamilton

It's a development league. While there are exceptions, players that stay much longer than that tend to stay MUCH longer than that. If you're NHL material, you're already being called up. If Nate is NHL material, he's in his prime to dominate the AHL. Let's see him do it. No 10 year veteran AHLer should hold a candle to a two-year top-string NHL prospect.

I would gladly ship Nate, Eller + 1st pick for a 1st line RW.

I would do something like that. But instead of Eller, it would be either Plekanec or DD for a 1st line centre. I think that this kind of deal is in the realm of possibilities. IMO MB is very aware that he has a problem at centre. But he is patient and will make a move when the timing and return will be in his favor. I am all right with that.

You move DD, it's to move Galchenyuk into the C position.

You move Galchenyuk to a C position, you have a bigger hole on LW than RW. Unless you really want to rely on Sekac in a top six position.

Right now, every team is locking up their young, puck moving D-men. Trading Beaulieu for anything other than an inflated price would be stupid.

I feel this is all premature.