Nov. 22, Habs vs Bruins, 7 PM

dlbalr

Great post CC!

I really think this is the best Habs team in a long time, and that overall praising of the team by others, is owed a lot to coaching and the mindset that Bergevin and Therrien have brought here with them.

From the start they have been talking about playing the right way, and playing as a team, for your team and team mates. Stressing accountability, hard work, buying in to team concept, character, and playing to their strengths.

It's paying off, and I'm liking most everything I see, especially sweet to be 3-0 vs Bruins this year, and sitting atop the league at the quarter mark, and looking like we are just finding our game... :halm:

Good write up after a win over the bruins for sure.

Would not apply any of of after the loss to the rangers.

which team will show up against the tops teams seems to be a coin toss.

Its games like last nights (6th one this season) that keep me from planning my trip to Montreal in June for the parade.

Good write up after a win over the bruins for sure.

Would not apply any of of after the loss to the rangers.

which team will show up against the tops teams seems to be a coin toss.

Its games like last nights (6th one this season) that keep me from planning my trip to Montreal in June for the parade.

"That's why they play the game!"

You don't seem like a cheering 'parade-type', nor one who would appreciate a pretender winning a cup? :youpi:

But I wouldn't be purchasing anything for another 4-5 months, she is a frickin long season.

"That's why they play the game!"

You don't seem like a cheering 'parade-type', nor one who would appreciate a pretender winning a cup? :youpi:

But I wouldn't be purchasing anything for another 4-5 months, she is a frickin long season.

gee ya think?

cheers.

i know after the wins the accolades are exploding.

just thought i would ask what the slaughters evoke ?

my apologies.

Pretty sure Montreal has been outscored 33-3 combined in their loses and 4 of those loses have been shutouts. Lol, that ain't pretty

So the majority of games, 19 of 23 must be "really pretty"?

What is this... a frickin fashion show?? You want masterpieces every game? :tumbleweed:

So the majority of games, 19 of 23 must be "really pretty"?

What is this... a frickin fashion show?? You want masterpieces every game? :tumbleweed:

course not. the buffalo win was one of the worst pro hockey games this fan has ever witnessed. it aint just the losses.

Not to read too much into it, however it is worth mentioning for discussion that they have been blown out and shut more than any team in the nhl other than the tanking buffalo sabres. For a good hockey team that is questionable. Had the bruins been blown out that many times we would all be mocking them with great laughter I'm sure. So it aint trivial.

-27 in six games is atrocious.

+27 in 17 games is better than any team in the league right now (most teams have played more than 17 games. The Penguins are a +26 in 20 games) and that's our scoring in wins and one OTL.

The real issue is that these statistics are on a team that has only played 23 games. It's not enough. And if the Habs somehow miraculously kept this up, we're looking at a record of what, 56-21-5 basically?

So if you're going to focus on the loss blowouts, you also have to focus on the 16 wins and how we've won by a decent margin on the average.

Full picture and full context is important. It also prevents you from just looking like a complainer (or a homer).

-27 in six games is atrocious.

+27 in 17 games is better than any team in the league right now (most teams have played more than 17 games. The Penguins are a +26 in 20 games) and that's our scoring in wins and one OTL.

The real issue is that these statistics are on a team that has only played 23 games. It's not enough. And if the Habs somehow miraculously kept this up, we're looking at a record of what, 56-21-5 basically?

So if you're going to focus on the loss blowouts, you also have to focus on the 16 wins and how we've won by a decent margin on the average.

Full picture and full context is important. It also prevents you from just looking like a complainer (or a homer).

For sure.

Great wins this year all three against Boston. Rangers at bell center. Blues at bell center. Come back ot win over Wings.

Horrible losses - the six blow outs.

other games including 4 shoot out wins .... yawners

course not. the buffalo win was one of the worst pro hockey games this fan has ever witnessed. it aint just the losses.

Not to read too much into it, however it is worth mentioning for discussion that they have been blown out and shut more than any team in the nhl other than the tanking buffalo sabres. For a good hockey team that is questionable. Had the bruins been blown out that many times we would all be mocking them with great laughter I'm sure. So it aint trivial.

Actually many Habfans wouldn't even notice nor care less! Majority seem to look at standings for team success/failure.

I know I have never ever looked at any teams # of shutouts before? And this is the first time I even recall it being brought up, but when keep digging deep for negatives constantly, am sure you can find some more, that don't mean much but need reporting on.

Keep digging Sparky and maybe, if all the shit-stars align, all the negatives you like to keep hammerin/piling on will help cause season to go off the rails and then maybe will be in your glory! :popcorn:

Go Habs Go, I know you are only winning with smoke/mirrors once again this year, Gilbert-Allen are this years version of Murray-Bouillon, Hobbit-smurf centres will fade and .....remind me again why am I quite pleased at 1/4 pole? I know I should be gloomy, but 16-6-1 just makes me smile, so will get Pom Poms out! :hyper:

Tough back to back coming up, I know if don't win by 5 in both games, will be deemed a sign of apocalypse, but what can you do. :nuts:

I think the first 1/4 of the season is to work out the kinks.Yes, I know we've sucked badly in several games, but the next 40+ gms are the time for the habs true identity to reveal itself (then obviously the playoff push). Are we actually the top team in the league? no, not quite, but are we a top 5? yes, absolutely. and, we've done it without any real contribution from our top player(not named price). PK is bound to show up and go on an amazing hot streak..trust me on this

I think the first 1/4 of the season is to work out the kinks.Yes, I know we've sucked badly in several games, but the next 40+ gms are the time for the habs true identity to reveal itself (then obviously the playoff push). Are we actually the top team in the league? no, not quite, but are we a top 5? yes, absolutely. and, we've done it without any real contribution from our top player(not named price). PK is bound to show up and go on an amazing hot streak..trust me on this

PK is 11th in d-scoring, #1 icetime on #1 team, so he aint doing horrible.

But I like your crystal ball prognostication.

For sure.

Great wins this year all three against Boston. Rangers at bell center. Blues at bell center. Come back ot win over Wings.

Horrible losses - the six blow outs.

other games including 4 shoot out wins .... yawners

Winning games, IMO, is much more important than how you lose the ones you lose.