2012 NHL Playoffs Thread

sakiqc

He doesn't want to go back, the Caps would take him in a heartbeat, but he'd rather have all the power in London.

Patrick Roy is in almost identical situation and a demigod in Quebec city isnt he?

Patrick Roy is in almost identical situation and a demigod in Quebec city isnt he?

Yeah but... he is a god in Montreal as well. Plus I think Roy would be more career driven. He wants the big show.

He doesn't want to go back, the Caps would take him in a heartbeat, but he'd rather have all the power in London.

It has little to do with power. Dale Hunter had all the power he could want in Washington. The rumours of Ovechkin not liking him are untrue. I've heard from people close to Dale that he was nowhere near as focused in Washington as a head coach as he was in London because it didn't mean as much. Some guys just don't need to be Jack Adams candidates. Much like Boughner he's an OHL guy and will always be.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really playoffs-related now but Tomas Vokoun signs a 2 year, $4 M deal...with the Penguins after being acquired for a 7th rounder earlier today. They've got some insurance for if/when Fleury implodes again.

Not really playoffs-related now but Tomas Vokoun signs a 2 year, $4 M deal...with the Penguins after being acquired for a 7th rounder earlier today. They've got some insurance for if/when Fleury implodes again.

Was not aware ousted teams could trade during the playoffs

Was not aware ousted teams could trade during the playoffs

You can - there was a trade last week actually between Boston and Washington. The Habs traded during the postseason a few years ago when they picked up the rights to Ryan Russell.

You can trade at almost any time.

You can make a trade 1 minute after the trade deadline if you want.

All the trade deadline means is that any player acquired after the deadline can't be used in the regular season or playoffs that year. Its not a bar on trades, its a deadline to acquire players before that day in order to use them.

The only true "trade freeze" where no trades can be made is the Christmas one.

However the NHL asks teams not to make trade announcements during the playoffs, but its not forbidden. Seems the Pens and Caps didn't want to obey the memo.

Under the frivolous lawsuit of the day category, man sues NHL team for sending him too many text messages. Wow. http://consumerist.c...frequently.html

That is utterly ridiculous.. I mean most people found the whole constant updates about Crosby.. but suing over it????

(cause I'm sure most of those were updates on his concussion/first shift/first game/re-injury/neck revelation/Come Back/Crosby cam)

Nashville announces that both Radulov and Kostitsyn will not be back next year. Safe to say the gamble didn't work out. Expect the Preds to qualify Radulov to hold his rights at least.

They beat Detroit in 5..

5 home playoffs game.

Radulov 6pts in 8 games, AK 3 goals in 8 games.

Biggest disapointment to me (Offensive wise) was Shea Weber, tied with Francis Bouillon with 3 pts in 10 games. Klein and Suter had more pts then him.

Radulov has high-end talent and his misbehaviour could be attributed to inexperience in the NHL (which, I assume, has a wildly different culture than the KHL). I understand Nashville cutting him loose, but he will likely be heard from again, and some team that needs offensive help might be well-advised to take a chance on the kid.

Kostitsyn has no excuse, and I take his behaviour to be indicative of what we suspected all along, namely, that he doesn't really give a sh*t and is basically a bum who glides by - barely - on his formidable physical gifts.