04/10 Brooklyn @ Montreal : 7:30PM EST

Playing in its second-to-last game of the regular season, the Canadiens will square off against the New York Islanders on Thursday night at the Bell Centre.

On Wednesday, the Habs took a 2-1 lead into the final minute of the third period against the Chicago Blackhawks, but Marian Hossa tied the game with 48 seconds left and Patrick Sharp beat Peter Budaj in the first minute of overtime to win the game for the Hawks. Jeremy Morin had the first Chicago goal while Dale Weise and Francis Bouillon found the score sheet for Montreal. Alex Galchenyuk left the game in the first period with a lower-body injury and did not return.

The Islanders have allowed four goals in each of their last three games, all of them losses. On Tuesday, Frans Nielsen was the only Isle to light the lamp while Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky from the Ottawa Senators stole the show with three points apiece in a 4-1 Ottawa win. Goaltender Anders Nilsson made 28 saves in a losing effort for New York.

The Islanders are arriving in Montreal without their full roster. Lubomir Visnovsky, Brian Strait, John Tavares and Kyle Okposo are all out for the season with respective injuries. Cal Clutterbuck, Calvin de Haan, Michael Grabner are also banged up and may not play on Thursday.

Carey Price, who had the night off on Wednesday, is expected to start for the Canadiens. Douglas Murray has served his three-game suspension and is available for the game.

In the absence of most of its offensive core, Coach Jack Capuano is taking a chance on a few young guns. Brock Nelson, Casey Czikas, Anders Lee and Ryan Strome are all playing bigger roles on the current edition of the team. All four of these forwards are 23 years-old or younger. Nelson is ranked seventh in team scoring with 24 points in 69 games, but Anders Lee figures to be a player to watch. The University of Notre Dame alumnus has compiled 13 points in his first 21 NHL games while averaging three shots per game.

Thursday’s game will be the last of three confrontations between the Canadiens and the Islanders this season. The Habs are aiming for a season sweep, having won 4-2 in Montreal in November 2013 and 1-0 in Long Islander a month later.

Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. EST.

Galchenyuk likely to be out with injury. Price to play.

Beaulieu looked garbage last night. I can't see him playing tonight. Hopefully Murray draws in.

Really? I respectfully disagree... I thought he looked poised in his own zone, and kid is hell on wheels speedy!

Guest Stogey24

Really? I respectfully disagree... I thought he looked poised in his own zone, and kid is hell on wheels speedy!

Fair enough. I just noticed some defensive lapses. Maybe I'm just being too critical.

Fair enough. I just noticed some defensive lapses. Maybe I'm just being too critical.

He got out of position in the offensive zone, and it almost lead to a two on one. He and Tinordi made a few rookie mistakes that almost ended up in the back of the net. I don't know how they can learn anymore in the AHL, the speed is night and day.

Guest Stogey24

He got out of position in the offensive zone, and it almost lead to a two on one. He and Tinordi made a few rookie mistakes that almost ended up in the back of the net. I don't know how they can learn anymore in the AHL, the speed is night and day.

Really hoping both of them have a solid camp next year and find a permanent position with the Habs. I hoped that for Leblanc too and we all know how that's going...

Beaulieu looked garbage last night. I can't see him playing tonight. Hopefully Murray draws in.

Not sure what you mean...Beaulieu is a youngster that needs to play in the NHL.

Rather than benching him and Tinordi when they make a mistake, they should be played more in order to gain experience.

These kids play with a fear of making mistakes, not exactly a good thing.

With the Isles likely to dress both Mike Halmo and Brett Gallant, I have a suspicion that Parros may be in for a busy night.

Also worth noting, over half of their projected lineup is rookies.

Lee - Nielsen - Bailey
Persson - Nelson - Strome
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald
Gallant - Sundstrom - Halmo

Hickey - Hamonic
Czuczman - Mayfield
Donovan - Carkner

I guess there's a good reason for Parros to suit up for this nothing game. Should be the last time we see him on the ice in a Habs uniform, hopefully he won't need assistance to leave it.

All in all, he's a good guy to have in the organization, if not necessarily playing.

He is gonna have lapses and some will be costly and I noted couple shaky plays; but as I have said before, love his quick feet and being hard on outlet passes.

should have played the kids on defence - at least that would have been a reason to watch. After a great game last night, this is one sloppy, boring game.

should have played the kids on defence - at least that would have been a reason to watch. After a great game last night, this is one sloppy, boring game.

Yes would of been nice to see 40-24 again, but easy game for Murray to get back in and the 2 Russians to get some practice.

I think it's safe to say that the Habs are looking past this game. At least they were a bit more defensively responsible towards the end of the period. I like Briere's game so far, he's playing particularly aggressive. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.