Habs only team with NO players on pace for 70+ points!

Aebischer4life

In the east that is..

Atlanta- 3

Hossa- 98

Kovy- 83

Kozlov- 80

Boston- 2

Savard: 107

Bergeron- 77

Buffalo- 4

Briere- 100

Afinogenov- 92

Drury: 80

Vanek: 78

Carolina: 5

Brindamour: 91

Whitney: 88

Williams: 73

Cole: 73

Staal: 70

Florida: 1

Jokinen: 82

NJ: 2

Elias: 77

Gomez: 75

NYI: 2

Blake: 73

Yashin: 74

NYR: 4

Jagr: 97

Straka: 88

Nylander: 93

Shanahan: 77

Ottawa: 3

Heatley: 102

Alfy: 85

Spezza: 98

Philly: 1

Forsberg: 77

Pittsburgh: 3

Crosby: 141

Malkin: 99

Recchi: 79

TB: 2

St Louis: 107

Lecavalier: 104

Toronto: 1

Sundin: 84

Washington: 3

Ovechkin: 104

Semin: 85

Zubrus: 74

Montreal's leading scorer is Sheldon Souray. He has 44 points in 55 games which means he's on pace for 66.

Sad isnt it :(

I guess but I bet there are at least 15 teams in the league that wish they had no guys on pace for a 70+ point season and out teams record. I could care less who is scoring and how much they are scoring the Habs are still in 4th place and that is all that concerns me really.

But I must admit their gap on the 9th place team frightens me I really hope the Habs can reel off a nice winning streak pretty soon.

Montreal's leading scorer is Sheldon Souray. He has 44 points in 55 games which means he's on pace for 66.

Sad isnt it :(

yes, it is sad to be constantly bombarded by that kind of attitude...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Those aren't really accurate because you didn't take into account the amount of games played. Forsberg might be on pace to score 77 points in 82 games - but he's already missed several of those 82 games so he's got no realistic shot at that point total.

I think this comes back to our very "Defensive" system that's being discussed in the "is carbo a good coach" thread... the whole issue of playing mark Streit on the first line instead of giving it to someone like Perogie, who has the offensive potential to eventually put up these kinds of numbers... I would prefer a more "offensive" system...

Yes, but we have two (2) goalies in the top 11 in save% in the NHL. TWO! And we have the highest scoring defenceman in the league ... so, you got to look at your strenghts, not your weaknesses. Unless you want to be a self-depricating fool ... then it is up to you.

Keep in mind, some of those teams with big scorers are out of a playoff position. Individual stats can be overrated.

We keep playing like we have and soon we will be out of a playoff position.

Shortcat and Shorthanded, I keep getting you two confused, only difference is Shorthanded actually contributes to threads.

I do wish that we had players on pace for 70 pts, but I'd be satisfied if we, as a team, generated more goals. The fact that we must so often rely on our goaltending is depressing.

Almost as depressing as forum members insulting other forum members.. ;)