Johnson Bonk Begin

Lambert Lapierre Kostitsyn

Ferland Grabovsky

Markov Souray

Emelin Streit

Bouillion Komisarek

Gorges

Huet Halak

Sure you will all love me for this, but living with the Sens fan is driving me nuts.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higgins Thornton Iginla

Lats Kiovu Jagr

Torres Chipchura Pandalfo

Begin Lapierre Boobard

Neidemeyer Komi

Hannon Markov

Lidstrom Phanuef

Broduer Kiprosoff

Higgins Thornton Iginla

Lats Kiovu Jagr

Begin Lapierre Boobard

Neidemeyer Komi

Hannon Markov

Lidstrom Phanuef

Broduer Kiprosoff

mine is realistic, yours aint

Higgins Thornton Iginla

Lats Kiovu Jagr

Begin Lapierre Boobard

Neidemeyer Komi

Hannon Markov

Lidstrom Phanuef

Broduer Kiprosoff

The funniest thing about your sarcasm is that you actually have Lats, Torres, Pandalfo, Higgins, Begin, Lappy and Koivu in the line-up. Part homer, part saracastic...lol.

Higgins Gomez/Drury Ryder

Kostitsyn Plekanec Latendresse

Johnson Bonk Begin

Ferland Grabovsky

Markov Souray

Emelin Streit

Bouillion Komisarek

Gorges

Huet Halak

Sure you will all love me for this, but living with the Sens fan is driving me nuts.

If we had traded Kovalev and Dandenault, we could definitely keep Saku and not have Bonk.

Lambert? :lol:

Johnson Bonk Begin

Ferland Grabovsky

Markov Souray

Emelin Streit

Bouillion Dandenault

Gorges

Huet Halak

1) I think Drury would be nice but have no love for Gomez.

After that, I'm more then a little skeptical.

2) I don't think Kosty and Lats should be on the same line...it's way too inexperienced.

3) I hope we let Bonk walk...he's getting old, was playing for a contract last year and he has virtually nothing to offer on offense. I don't personally like having a C that has no offense...regardless of their line.

4) Begin does not belong on the 3rd line...he's an energy guy who can step up at times but that's all.

5) No way that the other Kosty will be in the NHL next year...that's craziness. He's AHL bound for at least 1 full season.

6) That D would get killed all year...it's a downgrade over this year...where'd Komisarek go???

Your is not much realistic. Where's Koivu ?? And if him and Kovy are gone... where's the money we saved? you traded them both for draft pics? No stanley cup before 2020 then... Oh and no Komisarek... this has to be the crapest lineup i've ever seen since Oleg Petrov was playing on the 2nd unit.

Ryder - Drury/Gomez - D'Agostini

Kovalev - Koivu - Lats

Kost - Plex - Higgins

Bégin - Lapierre - Johnson

Markov - Komi

Souray - Defensive UFA better than Dandenault or Gorges

Streit - Bouillon

Huet-Halak

Edited by JoeLassister

Latendresse - Briere - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

A. Kostsitsyn - Plekenec - Scott Walker

Perezhogin - Lapierre - Begin

Markov - Komisarek

Salo - Souray

Streit - Boullion

Huet

Halak

This teams needs a top line C, like Briere, and a top D like Salo. That top line has serious potential to be good, the 2nd line was our top line last year and our D would be very improved with Dandenault replaced by Salo.

Walker more then replaces Johnson, he adds grit and a strong 2 way game. He even has the ability to move up a line if need be. That 3rd line could put up some solid 5 on 5 points AND shut down other teams top lines.

That means acquiring only 3 players...can we do it under the cap? Would be tight I'd think...maybe tighter then Gainey would want. The Habs have lots of quality to youth for depth...they only need a 2-3 quality signings to round out the team. Kovalev could still be a concern BUT a mid-season trade packaging him and a prospect, or two, would be pretty feasible if needed...

Edited by Zowpeb

Johnson Bonk Begin

Ferland Grabovsky

Markov Souray

Emelin Streit

Bouillion Komisarek

Gorges

Huet Halak

No way in hell that Gomez or Drury would ever sign with the Habs. If gomez leaves NJ, it will be for the west coast. THere's no way in hell drury would ever want to play in montreal.

Bonk is as good as gone - too expensive.

who the heck is the captian??????

Yeah, there is no way that the other guys lineup is in montreal.

Bur really, Gomez or Drury is realistic??? NO bloody way either of them would want to sign with Montreal. leaving Koivu out of the mix is just plain dumb!

Markov Souray

Emelin Streit

Bouillion Komisarek

Gorges

You seriously think we would have any hope in hell of making the playoffs with these dmen???

No way in hell that Gomez or Drury would ever sign with the Habs. If gomez leaves NJ, it will be for the west coast. THere's no way in hell drury would ever want to play in montreal.

Bonk is as good as gone - too expensive.

who the heck is the captian??????

Yeah, there is no way that the other guys lineup is in montreal.

Bur really, Gomez or Drury is realistic??? NO bloody way either of them would want to sign with Montreal. leaving Koivu out of the mix is just plain dumb!

You seriously think we would have any hope in hell of making the playoffs with these dmen???

Wow...this is someone who is a positive thinker! ;)

Smyth - Koivu - Selanne

Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Smolinski - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - Ferland

Markov - Komisarek

Timonen - O'Byrne

Gorges - Dandenault

1a Huet

1b Halak

(The chances of ditching both Samsonov AND Kovalev make my line-up rather impossible. Just saying, Smyth would be awesome, but I could see Selanne coming over to join Koivu or even Kariya coming to Montreal at a reduced cost. Spending big money on these UFA's means that youngsters like Ferland, O'Byrne, and Gorges get more ice time)

Realistic line-up:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

UFA - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Latendresse - UFA - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - [Youngster]

Markov - Komisarek

UFA - [Youngster]

Bouillon - Dandenault

Huet

Halak

Latendresse - Briere - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

A. Kostsitsyn - Plekenec - Scott Walker

Perezhogin - Lapierre - Begin

Markov - Komisarek

Salo - Souray

Streit - Boullion

Huet

Halak

This teams needs a top line C, like Briere, and a top D like Salo. That top line has serious potential to be good, the 2nd line was our top line last year and our D would be very improved with Dandenault replaced by Salo.

Walker more then replaces Johnson, he adds grit and a strong 2 way game. He even has the ability to move up a line if need be. That 3rd line could put up some solid 5 on 5 points AND shut down other teams top lines.

That means acquiring only 3 players...can we do it under the cap? Would be tight I'd think...maybe tighter then Gainey would want. The Habs have lots of quality to youth for depth...they only need a 2-3 quality signings to round out the team. Kovalev could still be a concern BUT a mid-season trade packaging him and a prospect, or two, would be pretty feasible if needed...

Salo was re-signed by Vancouver, complete with a no trade clause. Even took a little under market value, though not a big discount. Rumor has Matthias Ohlund being on the block. We'll see.

Grabovski-Drury-Kovalev

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Begin-Lapierre-Johnson

Markov-Komisarek

Hannan-Souray

Streit-Emelin

Huet

Halak

Players coming: Hannan on D, Drury for forwards, Grabovski from the minors.

Players leaving: Aebischer, Niinimaa and Bonk to UFA, Samsonov to trade/buy out, Dandenault and/or Bouillon to trade (or to be used as a #7 d-man)

Assuming: Grabovski is comfortable at LW. If not, use Streit as 1st line LW.

Also Assuming: Hannan is a left D and that Emelin is a right. In Emelin's case, it's not so serious since Streit can play anywhere. :P

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say -

Markov for 4.5M

Souray for 5M

Drury for 5.25M

Hannan for 3.75M

I hope I didn't shortchange Hannan there. All four of those are being pretty optimistic though. We may be more likely to see a big trade at the draft then 2 big UFA signings though.

Higgins Thornton Iginla

Lats Kiovu Jagr

Begin Lapierre Boobard

Neidemeyer Komi

Hannon Markov

Lidstrom Phanuef

Broduer Kiprosoff

This is nonsense - Markov doesn't play right D.

Kovalev - Koivu - Kostitsyn

Higgins - Gomez - Ryder

Latendresse - Plekanec - Johnson

Lapierre - Begin - D'agostini/locke someone young

Markov - Komisarek

Souray/Stuart - Dandenault

Streit - Pressing( i unno how to spell his name )

Huet

Halak

Not for anything i think this is the most realistic line i see this team getting

Gomez could have a chance in montreal just cuz he leaving NJ doesnt mean he going to the west. Kovalev gets his last season to proove himself, Kostitsyn gets that spot he deserved for awhile now, 3rd line is a great defensive line, and will help Lats get a lil More D in his game, But im sure lats will do more if he gets the proper PP time.

Lapierre, Begin both instagators but won fight, we still have downey in the system so im not worried and Stini would add that scoring touch and that speed and locke from what i here is playing pretty well in the playoffs with the dogs so might as well no?

Souray if he leaves i see bob going for Hamrlik or Stuart both great offensive Defensmen MAYBE could be a lil more affordable. pressing or wtv his name is i wouldnt see as a bad guy to have unless Rivet wants to come back.

I really don't see Kovalev going anywhere, just becuse nobody wants him, so this is what I see happening....

Kovalev-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-UFA(Briere)-kostysin

Latendress-Plekanec-UFA(Walker, Hartnell)

youngster(Locke)-Lapierre-Begin

Markov-Komi

UFA(Rafalski)-UFA(Hannan would be nice)

Striet-Emelin/Volentenko

the cube and Dandenault are both expendable, Souray is not worth it.

Rafalski would rock as well as Hannan

although I don't think that Briere is the best fit for this team, as he is small and we need big, he is the most likely UFA to sign here. what I would really like to see is Marleau or Lecavalier but thats too big a wish list two months before christmas. (Koivu+Huet+1st round = Lecavalier, at least)

Johnson Bonk Begin

Ferland Grabovsky

Markov Souray

Emelin Streit

Bouillion Komisarek

Gorges

Huet Halak

Sorry .... but i don't think this line-up has a chance to make the playoffs

Edited by Topgun19

Grabovski-Drury-Kovalev

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Begin-Lapierre-Johnson

Markov-Komisarek

Hannan-Souray

Streit-Emelin

Huet

Halak

Players coming: Hannan on D, Drury for forwards, Grabovski from the minors.

Players leaving: Aebischer, Niinimaa and Bonk to UFA, Samsonov to trade/buy out, Dandenault and/or Bouillon to trade (or to be used as a #7 d-man)

WOW!!!!! You get my vote for G.M.

One can only wish... :clap:

So sorry to hear your suffering more than usual during this off season, for the habs. I can only offer my deepest sympathies. And wish you better times next year.

GO HABS GO!

I'd like to reserve my judgement on line combinations until we are closer to seeing a full team next year. I think BG has no choice but to revamp and dish out.

lets see what surprises he has in store for us.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

1) I think Drury would be nice but have no love for Gomez.

4) Begin does not belong on the 3rd line...he's an energy guy who can step up at times but that's all.

yup and yup

Markov – Emelin

Souray – Timonen

Komisarek – Streit

Bouillon

I think I'd like this D would be AWESOME in my humble, but even better, don't go after Souray and get someone who scores points in his place (not necessarily on the PP) and is either much younger or much older (thereby costing less) to replace him. They don't have to score as many as he does, just be better defensively and fairly solid offensively, and it'll even out his loss. Someone who can make the outlet pass would allow our forwards to score the points.

yup and yup

I think I'd like this D would be AWESOME in my humble, but even better, don't go after Souray and get someone who scores points in his place (not necessarily on the PP) and is either much younger or much older (thereby costing less) to replace him. They don't have to score as many as he does, just be better defensively and fairly solid offensively, and it'll even out his loss. Someone who can make the outlet pass would allow our forwards to score the points.

Please, just this. It's not so hard.

And a little sandpaper on d.

First of All I'd just like to say greetings to everyone on the forums! :D

Higgins-Briere-Kovalev

Kostitsyn-Koivu-Ryder

Latendresse-Plekanec-Grabovski

Lapierre-Begin-Johnson

Emelin-Souray

Markov-Komisarek

Streit-Carle

Gorges

Huet-50 games

Halak-32 games

PP Unit 1: Ryder-Koivu-Higgins (Markov-Souray)

Unit 2: Plekanec-Briere-Kovalev (Emelin-Streit)

PK: Johnson-Begin

Plekanec-Higgins

Koivu-Lapierre

GO :hlogo: !!!