Which goalie would YOU go with in the playoffs?

rafikz

Price - but it's great knowing that if (when?) he falters that Halak is equally capable of jumping in and winning a game or two. I like to think that Price has Championships in his blood, but we'll see.

Why is this even a debate? Price is the #1 guy right now, and is likely to be our anchor for the next decade. Beyond that, he deserves a chance to rectify the bad impression left from his meltdown against Philly. And beyond that, a strong playoff could truly re-establish his rep as an elite young goalie, a chance he deserves to be given. You ride Price until he bucks.

OMG! Why is this even being asked?

The answer is Price. He's our #1 guy. Today, tomorrow, and for the next 15 years.

The questions we should be asking is who plays with Pleks and Kostitsyn... Dags? Higgins? Kostitsyn?

Our unanswered questions are on the skaters, cause the goalie is all set. We are going to win or lose with Carey Price.

Personnaly? I'd go with whoever makes the boys more confident.

The next 15 years? That doesnt mean shit. It's the next 16 wins that means something.

Price is everybody's obvious choice. I hope he does carry the team. But you never know what can happen. Remember 2006? Gerber was the Canes' starter and when he falters Cam Ward came off the bench and the rest his history.

Price has played well and deserves the start. I dont even think you can really question it. Kinda feel bad for Halak though!

Can't feel bad for him players drafted in higher rounds always get more chances.

Personally I have more confidence in Halak but we all know it's gonna be Price in the nets.

Halak is a stable B. He won't steal you games, but he wont make you loose either.

Price is all over the map. When he's awesome he's really above Halak, bu in his downtimes he's among the worst goalies in the league. He varies in beetween A and E all the time.

The preferential treatment being given to Price piss me off TBH. He's Gainey's boy and can do no wrong. That's the one single thing I don't like about our GM/coach.

I for one will not blame Halak when he gets tired of the double standard and GTFO of the Habs organisation.

Edited by Jean

Price will start but I don't think he will have a long leash, this is the playoffs, play well ur it don't play well u r on the bench. He has a thing about being the star and I think he will bring his A game. If not then Halak gets an opportunity of a lifetime.

Price will start but I don't think he will have a long leash, this is the playoffs, play well ur it don't play well u r on the bench. He has a thing about being the star and I think he will bring his A game. If not then Halak gets an opportunity of a lifetime.

I agree he shouldn't have a long leash. This isn't pickup hockey at the local rink.

Marc Denis.

'Nuff said.

Loîc Lacasse still has some pretty important games to play in Cincinnati, but when those are finished I would go with him.

Price. Last nights' stop on that 2 on 1 was a turning point. He will only play better from now on.

:hlogo: