Earlier this afternoon, Bergevin, Molson, and Therrien met with the media. Here are some of the tidbits I can remember:
- Galchenyuk will be invited to camp (Collberg won't which evidently surprised some).
- Galchenyuk isn't pencilled into a spot on the team, day-to-day evaluation for him. Per Therrien, the minimum ice time to keep him would be 12 minutes per game.
- The Habs intend to have 25-30 players in camp (and Gomez will be one of them), they'll start discussing who tonight (Hamilton plays tomorrow so their scratches could be a giveaway as to who gets the nod).
- Bergevin has been scouting a lot of QMJHL games this year.
- Nokelainen (back) will not be available for the start of camp.
- Rumours of Plekanec's injury are getting overblown, it's minor and he will be ready for camp.
- The Habs will be doing something for the fans but they haven't decided on what yet.
- Bergevin spoke with Don Meehan (Subban's agent) today, will begin negotiations for Subban's contract tomorrow.
- Therrien said the Habs' system involves them playing "on their toes." I still don't know what that means.
- 3 keys of training camp: Players' timing, players' conditioning, and the new system.
Not a whole lot of ground breaking stuff, a lot of the questions were loaded for Molson to criticize Bettman and the lockout which he obviously danced around.