Welcome to HabsWorld!

Welcome to the HabsWorld Forums, a community for fans of the Montreal Canadiens.

Registration is free and only takes a moment to complete. New members are always welcome; join the discussion today! Click here to create your account.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New jerseys next season?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 dlbalr

dlbalr

NHL Hall of Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16473 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Reebok has sent out its catalogue to retailers and one of the things mentioned is which teams have new jerseys in the works.  One of the teams listed in there?  The Habs, who will reportedly have different home and away jerseys for the 2013-14 season. 

I would imagine that this would involve tweaks more than anything (I doubt they'll radically change things) but it's still worth noting.

http://www.icethetic...watch-2013.html

#2 sakiqc

sakiqc

NHL Hall of Fame

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5193 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Plekanec

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

With Montréal said of having a european-feel, why not something in the like of  "Montréal CH" and/or "Montréal HC" 

It was also the name of the team from 1884 to 1932

#3 Toronthab

Toronthab

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, tennis, golf
  • Favourite Habs:Each in his own particular way

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

We're moving to new jersey?

#4 Commandant

Commandant

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6548 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Carey Price

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I'd like them to do a throwback to the Globe jersey.

Of course we have to win the Stanley Cup the year before we use the Globe jersey.

#5 JMMR

JMMR

NHL Hall of Fame

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12316 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Markov

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'd like them to do a throwback to the Globe jersey. Of course we have to win the Stanley Cup the year before we use the Globe jersey.

That would be so slick.

Will probably just be add lacesOr use vintage as 3rd jersey.

#6 Commandant

Commandant

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6548 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

That would be so slick.

Will probably just be add laces Or use vintage as 3rd jersey.

Its not a third jersey... its changes to home and away.

I think its laces too.

#7 habs rule

habs rule

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4464 posts
  • Favourite Habs:THE ROCKET RICHARD MY NAMESAKE

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Minor adjustments OK. otherwisw leave the jersey alone, you can't improve on perfection.

#8 DON

DON

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Tinordi, Pateryn

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Reebok has sent out its catalogue to retailers and one of the things mentioned is which teams have new jerseys in the works.  One of the teams listed in there?  The Habs, who will reportedly have different home and away jerseys for the 2013-14 season. 

I would imagine that this would involve tweaks more than anything (I doubt they'll radically change things) but it's still worth noting.

http://www.icethetic...watch-2013.html

where do you find this stuff?

dont see any need to change, a classic is a classic, there are some god-awful 3rd jerseys in sports these days

#9 kenadian

kenadian

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2361 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Whoever scores the Cup winning goal!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like a chance to boost the bottom line, missed half a season revenues, so lets alter the jersey (just enough so its different) so we sell tons of "new" product Yes, ill propably buy one too................;)

#10 Stephane Pichette

Stephane Pichette

Initiation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Stephane Pichette

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

First of all, Montreal Canadiens don't wear jerseys...they wear hockey sweaters...anyone who calls them 'jerseys' doesn't know hockey. Secondly, the club did not exist in 1884...Montreal Canadiens were founded in 1909. Third, Montreal Canadiens uniforms should never change again...Reebok needs to take a hike.

#11 Machine of Loving Grace

Machine of Loving Grace

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5272 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Bokondji Imama

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

First of all, Montreal Canadiens don't wear jerseys...they wear hockey sweaters...anyone who calls them 'jerseys' doesn't know hockey.

I call them sweaters too but stop being elitist. 

#12 Lammy

Lammy

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Jersey is the descriptive term used these days.  But I guess they started out as actual sweaters didn't they.

#13 dlbalr

dlbalr

NHL Hall of Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16473 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

First of all, Montreal Canadiens don't wear jerseys...they wear hockey sweaters...anyone who calls them 'jerseys' doesn't know hockey. Secondly, the club did not exist in 1884...Montreal Canadiens were founded in 1909. Third, Montreal Canadiens uniforms should never change again...Reebok needs to take a hike.

Considering NHL.com calls them jerseys, I'd acknowledge that the terms are at least interchangeable.  That's certainly not grounds to question a persons' hockey intelligence.

As for Reebok, I suspect they have to tweak these every so often with their league contract if for no other reason than a cash grab, I think most teams have already done so or will soon.  I could be wrong but I doubt anything of substance will be changed.

#14 Stephane Pichette

Stephane Pichette

Initiation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Stephane Pichette

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Gary Bettman calls them jerseys. Hockey players wear sweaters with crests, not logos. There is no neutral zone in hockey, it's called centre ice. There are no lockerooms in hockey, it's called a dressing room. Hockey clubs have alternate captains, not assistant captains. Gary Bettman has Americanized hockey language, and many sheep have followed.

#15 Machine of Loving Grace

Machine of Loving Grace

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5272 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Bokondji Imama

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Gary Bettman calls them jerseys. Hockey players wear sweaters with crests, not logos. There is no neutral zone in hockey, it's called centre ice. There are no lockerooms in hockey, it's called a dressing room. Hockey clubs have alternate captains, not assistant captains. Gary Bettman has Americanized hockey language, and many sheep have followed.

You must be an unemployed English major, or you just really wanted to become one.  This is as useless as correcting spelling and grammar on Facebook posts.

#16 sakiqc

sakiqc

NHL Hall of Fame

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5193 posts
  • Favourite Habs:Plekanec

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

You must be an unemployed English major, or you just really wanted to become one.  This is as useless as correcting spelling and grammar on Facebook posts.

MOLG your post is even more useless. I find it interesting.

Stephane, have you studied how hockey language is being misused in French as well?

#17 Commandant

Commandant

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6548 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Just my opinion, but they are jerseys.... the moment the material changed from the WOOL that the players in the 40s and 50s wore, to the mesh like lightweight material of today, the essence of the sweater was lost.

Probably some point in the 70s.

#18 dlbalr

dlbalr

NHL Hall of Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16473 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

There are plenty of Canadians who have always used the term jerseys, or other terms to reference the other items you list, I know I for one have always called jerseys as such and that has nothing to do with Gary Bettman or anyone else.  They all are acceptable.  You've made two posts, both have used derogatory terms to describe anyone who doesn't share your particular viewpoint on what things should be called ('don't know hockey' or 'sheep').  This is not acceptable and will not be tolerated further.  You're more than welcome to discuss the matter at hand (potential changes to the sweater/jersey/uniform/article of clothing that covers the upper body) but please refrain from the personal shots; you don't need them to make your points. 

(That last bit goes for everyone in this thread, not just the poster being replied to...)

#19 JoeLassister

JoeLassister

NHL Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10257 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Sports, Beer, Party, Poker, Hockey, Cinema, Se séparer du Canada, Hockey, Scuba Diving
  • Favourite Habs:Galchenyuk, Price, Subban, Max Pac, Patrick Roy

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

There are plenty of Canadians who have always used the term jerseys, or other terms to reference the other items you list, I know I for one have always called jerseys as such and that has nothing to do with Gary Bettman or anyone else.  They all are acceptable.  You've made two posts, both have used derogatory terms to describe anyone who doesn't share your particular viewpoint on what things should be called ('don't know hockey' or 'sheep').  This is not acceptable and will not be tolerated further.  You're more than welcome to discuss the matter at hand (potential changes to the sweater/jersey/uniform/article of clothing that covers the upper body) but please refrain from the personal shots; you don't need them to make your points.

(That last bit goes for everyone in this thread, not just the poster being replied to...)

Wow, some actual mod work that doesn't involve obscur East European website spam shit.  

Great to see that hockey's back. haha

#20 dlbalr

dlbalr

NHL Hall of Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16473 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Wow, some actual mod work that doesn't involve obscur East European website spam shit.  

We're hopeful that there will be a lot less instances of those.  The bots will keep registering but we've got something in place that picks the majority of them off.