W Eric Tangradi (Winnipeg, NHL)

D Dalton Thrower (Vancouver, WHL)

Confirmed Departures:

D Nathan Beaulieu (NHL regular)

W Michael Blunden (Tampa Bay, NHL)

F Robbie Czarnik (Indianapolis, ECHL)

D Joel Chouinard (Toledo, ECHL)

W Justin Courtnall (Bridgeport, AHL)

G Peter Delmas (Univ. of Western Ontario, CIS)

G Devan Dubnyk (Arizona, NHL)

W Patrick Holland (Winnipeg, NHL)

W Louis Leblanc (Anaheim, NHL)

G Robert Mayer (Geneve-Servette, NLA)

D Nathan McIver (Norfolk, AHL)

C Joonas Nattinen (MODO, SHL)

D Drew Schiestel (Düsseldorfer, DEL)

C Martin St. Pierre (Medvescak Zagreb, KHL)

W Nick Tarnasky (NY Rangers, NHL)

D Jarred Tinordi (NHL regular)

G Dustin Tokarski (NHL regular)

C Brady Vail (Toronto, AHL)

Potential Departures:

D Matt Grassi (AHL free agent)

Tentative Lineup:

(* - must clear waivers)

(V - qualifies as veteran, non-developmental skater)

Bowman* (V) - Hensick (V) - Thomas

de la Rose - Andrighetto - Dumont* (V)

Tangradi (V)* - Dowell (V) - Hudon

Carr - Macenauer (V) - Sorkin

(Fournier, Nevins, Crisp, Gill)

Bennett - Pateryn

Drewiske* - Nygren

Finley - Dietz

(Makowski, Ellis, Shea, Thrower)

MacDonald*

Condon

(Palazzese)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the heck is David Makowski? Is he signed?

So of; Grassi, Chouinard, McIver, Schiestel who will be with Hamilton, your guess none, or couple will be ECHL and depth in Hamilton?

Who the heck is David Makowski? Is he signed?

So of; Grassi, Chouinard, McIver, Schiestel who will be with Hamilton, your guess none, or couple will be ECHL and depth in Hamilton?

Makowski signed a one year AHL deal late this afternoon. He was teammates with Didier at Denver and put up some pretty good offensive numbers.

Of those four, I think Chouinard gets another deal. He wasn't flashy last year but was reasonably dependable on the third pairing. Schiestel may get one as well because he's a local, not because he earned a contract. My guess is Makowski at least goes to Wheeling, perhaps one more depending on who all is sent down after training camp.

The Bulldogs will really need to bring some more forwards in. That forward unit as it stands is a recipe for disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

According to TB site HF Boards-- Blunden signed by TB yesterday

Yep, I already had that updated. I'm surprised he left, I figured he'd be back for sure since the Habs would likely give him a few NHL games again next year. He was the one veteran I had all but pencilled into the lineup.

TJ Hensick signs with the Bulldogs

That probably means St. Pierre's time with Hamilton is over. I like Hensick, he's a legit top-2 centre. It's also nice that he's on a minor league deal.

Sorkin is on list of invites to development camp, if that means anything

There was a report out there that he signed a two year deal but the Bulldogs' site only said he signed for one. If the former is correct, he's already signed for next season. I've never been able to find out for certain but based on the invite list, he's listed as having an AHL contract already (similar to Makowski), not a tryout like most of the others.

Also, Tarnasky is gone, he signed with the Rangers today. This is probably a good thing, Lefebvre can't play him on the 2nd line/PP anymore...

Now Tarnasty, St.PIerre, Blunden, Leblanc all gone, forward group will be just a tad different this fall eh.

Beaulieu going to development camp, but Big Jarred isn't, another shot across Beaulieu's bow that he still is work in progress and got ground to cover to edge Tinordi for roster spot on big club?

Now Tarnasty, St.PIerre, Blunden, Leblanc all gone, forward group will be just a tad different this fall eh.

Beaulieu going to development camp, but Big Jarred isn't, another shot across Beaulieu's bow that he still is work in progress and got ground to cover to edge Tinordi for roster spot on big club?

I don't get that read the same. It's development camp basically orientation to the new recruits. They still need enough seniors (players that have already experienced the camp to add leadership and fill the roster) much like you would bring enough catchers to baseball camp to facilitate the number of pitchers you have.

Don't think MacMillan has progressed much and is going into last NCAA year.

Maybe he will have a big senior year and get signed next summer, but wild guess is that he wont be (based on little but his stagnated offensive stats on paper).

Is too bad as he was on the PK & PP with Kristo 3 years ago and was looking good, was just very thin.

Don't think MacMillan has progressed much and is going into last NCAA year.

Maybe he will have a big senior year and get signed next summer, but wild guess is that he wont be (based on little but his stagnated offensive stats on paper).

Is too bad as he was on the PK & PP with Kristo 3 years ago and was looking good, was just very thin.

I think he did alright last year, he picked it up at the end in particular. They lost Kristo and Knight so for MacMillan to pretty much equal his stats from the previous years in fewer games with weaker linemates isn't a bad thing. He'll need to step it up again this season but I think the plan is to sign him at this point. We might see him in Hamilton late in the year.

Do you know if he is still a thin fellow?

Or did Habs ask him to hit a 'weight' as they did with Bennett (hit 190lbs)

I don't think I watched him play once last season.

I am looking at NHL.com Montreal Development camp release- Macmillan is listed at 171-- Some of these weights appear to me to be a little suspect and maybe are as much as a year old?

The first thing they did today was a weigh-in. They issued a revised list of heights/weights shortly thereafter so I imagine we'll see some revisions eventually.

The first thing they did today was a weigh-in. They issued a revised list of heights/weights shortly thereafter so I imagine we'll see some revisions eventually.

Hope they add their age so we can get some idea who might be candidates for Hamilton/Wheeling this year

They put the players' birthday on the invite list so you can figure out the age. There are quite a few players out there that are AHL-eligible.

Brian, I don't know what list you got, but mine has no birthdays on it and that is why I asked on the other thread is the birthdays on the revised list that nobody has seen yet?