cakeS Returns @ Ottawa, 7PM EST

Ouch. My DVR stopped recording with 6 min to go. 3-1

Not too sorry I missed the rest, though I thought it was a pretty fun game until the third.

Lots of tubular bells.

Am sure Beaulieu some relieved to finally sneak in a goal and also get to play 24:00 and I thought Pateryn was OK in his 15:00.

Mrs. Gilbert not much help on first 2 goals. :thumbs_down:

de la Rose was best centre in the circle at 50% and with 6 hits in his 15+minutes.

Plekanec had 8 shots and DD managed to avoid taking any...once again (Good god man, how hard is it to simply shot when in right in front of net?)

I'd prefer if the gender insults would stop. Call him soft, call him a wimp but calling him a woman to criticize is stupid and ignorant. There's nothing weak about being a woman.

C'mon man! I just threw up a little.... :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile:

Sorry to offend MoLG.

That stinkin Gilbert is as soft as warm butter and fumbles/coughs up the puck consistantly.

He scares crap out of me when handling or dishing off puck straight into teammates skates or behind them.

Sorry to offend MoLG.

That stinkin Gilbert is as soft as warm butter and fumbles/coughs up the puck consistantly.

He scares crap out of me when handling or dishing off puck straight into teammates skates or behind them.

ok as long as he isn't a pussy.

Reaction to stress. Men tend to have a "fight or flight" response to stress situations while women seem to approach these situations with a "tend and befriend" strategy. Psychologist Shelley E. Taylor coined the phrase "tend and befriend" after recognizing that during times of stress women take care of themselves and their children (tending) and form strong group bonds (befriending). The reason for these different reactions to stress is rooted in hormones. The hormone oxytocin is released during stress in everyone. However, estrogen tends to enhance oxytocin resulting in calming and nurturing feelings whereas testosterone, which men produce in high levels during stress, reduces the effects of oxytocin.

We need more hardrock tending and befriending?

It's kinda funny but I once got criticized by a close female friend when I made a comment for a similar remark concerning a guy's behavior. I explained that I love womanliness .. in women , but I really , really don't want to be one and naturally admire manly responses in other men. We're wired that way and it's really ok not to want to be perceived as a little girl when you're not. It isn't a knock on little girls that they don't punch each other in the face as often as guys do and play hockey with no contact allowed. Girls.

I have a lovely daughter incidentally .

On that note, there was a major uproar in Norway, the country with the most gender identity affirming policies in the world when a nationally popular comedian actually set out to find out what the science and results were saying about this western truism. It changed government policy and funding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE&feature=player_embedded

• Upvote 1

Reaction to stress. Men tend to have a "fight or flight" response to stress situations while women seem to approach these situations with a "tend and befriend" strategy. Psychologist Shelley E. Taylor coined the phrase "tend and befriend" after recognizing that during times of stress women take care of themselves and their children (tending) and form strong group bonds (befriending). The reason for these different reactions to stress is rooted in hormones. The hormone oxytocin is released during stress in everyone. However, estrogen tends to enhance oxytocin resulting in calming and nurturing feelings whereas testosterone, which men produce in high levels during stress, reduces the effects of oxytocin.

We need more hardrock tending and befriending?

Torontohab you are absolutely the only guy who would know this. Love your thought process.

• Upvote 2

Torontohab you are absolutely the only guy who would know this. Love your thought process.

Hey thanks HR.. one can get shot these days where every university has a "gender studies" program based upon the dogmatic notion that sex differences are just the result of sociological conditioning rather than societies being the result significantly of human nature. The video by the Norwegian comedian.. (it's not a comedy skit , but interviews) ultimately brought about the demise of the Nordic Gender Institute. It was the interviews with the sociologists of the social construct dogma that was most fascinating along with the actual scientific evidence showing they were wrong. Ideology and political imposition is trumping everything in the west these days even what it is to be a man or a woman. Asylum stuff.

Cheers

Do you sit Miss Gilly or the Dream tonight?

PK-Markov

NB-JT

Pateryn-?

CBJ will be bringing it tonight, and I can just imagine Miss Gilly flicking the puck recklessly to avoid a hit..soooo Weaver?

We don't need to get into calling players girls or referring to them as Miss. It is derogatory in the method in which it's being used and simply isn't necessary. To those that have done so recently, please refrain from doing so in the future.

To answer your question, I'd imagine they'll go with the same lineup as last game although I'd like to see Weaver used a bit more just to keep him in playing shape.

Also, speaking of tonight's game, someone needs to get the GDT... :)