Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Gonna be a long series I think. Dont like the way the habs played down the stretch. Sens riding a wave.

Pumped for this series. Rivalries are made when teams meet often in play offs. This may be one in the making.

Gonna be a long series I think. Dont like the way the habs played down the stretch. Sens riding a wave.

Pumped for this series. Rivalries are made when teams meet often in play offs. This may be one in the making.

Sens have been hot recently, and the season series is not in our favour. Need a new approach for this series to win it.

We haven't really played them very often in the playoffs, I think the last time was in 1927. :D

After talking with my dad, I'm considering volunteering instead of watching the series. This historic Senators team is going to run through the second overall team in the NHL without any resistance and I wouldn't want to be embarrassed.

In all seriousness, this should be a great, but short series. The Senators will give the Habs a dogfight in game one, maybe it will even go to OT. The Habs will come out on top, and maybe the entitled faction of MTL fans will start to show some faith?

Line by line the Habs are better, and Ottawa have some serious holes on defense. The Hamburglar will come down to earth under "the heat lamps" of Bell Centre.

The Hamburglar will come down to earth under "the heat lamps" of Bell Centre.

That's the key. He's played 24 games, only allowed 3+ goals five times. Need to shake up his confidence.

Sens have been hot recently, and the season series is not in our favour. Need a new approach for this series to win it.

We haven't really played them very often in the playoffs, I think the last time was in 1927. :D

1892...* I was there. We won.

That's the key. He's played 24 games, only allowed 3+ goals five times. Need to shake up his confidence.

That record has got to have him second-guessing himself. ... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

After talking with my dad, I'm considering volunteering instead of watching the series. This historic Senators team is going to run through the second overall team in the NHL without any resistance and I wouldn't want to be embarrassed.

In all seriousness, this should be a great, but short series. The Senators will give the Habs a dogfight in game one, maybe it will even go to OT. The Habs will come out on top, and maybe the entitled faction of MTL fans will start to show some faith?

Line by line the Habs are better, and Ottawa have some serious holes on defense. The Hamburglar will come down to earth under "the heat lamps" of Bell Centre.

God bless you ma boy! I'm scared pooless of those boys; my vague recollections are of of being railroaded and outclassed. And I don't even believe in classes. I for sure ain't got no class... :blush:

We gott'em line by line? Lovett's .. I didn't know that!. Tell me more.. MUCH more! :hyper:

AMazing run by the Sens to make the playoffs. Now we'll see if they have any gas left in the tank. Even without their top goal scorer Habs seem really fit&ready entering the playoffs. Eller will make the Sens pay for 2 years ago and Gallagher will make Hamburglar look like Grimace.

Is just too bad the Sens couldn't of found an easier opponent than Habs.

Oh well, they will get 2 home games and make bit of money.

But those first few periods when they think they have a shot will be priceless, and if they enjoyed the last few months they can leave it at that.

Maybe they can use that money to get a free agent for once!

It's an absolutely terrible match-up. I hate to agree with those idiots about anything, but both Stock and Heatly were emphatic that no team in their right minds wants Ottawa as a first-round opponent, and I concur.

That said, if the Habs lay a b**ch-slapping on them, it will be a great statement and a very promising sign for a genuine run,.

It's an absolutely terrible match-up. I hate to agree with those idiots about anything, but both Stock and Heatly were emphatic that no team in their right minds wants Ottawa as a first-round opponent, and I concur.

That said, if the Habs lay a b**ch-slapping on them, it will be a great statement and a very promising sign for a genuine run,.

Yeah, a team can't have any designs on a long run if they can't put a REGULAR SEASON (!) Cinderella to sleep.

So tell me Lovett's . How we out man them line by line. I really don't know much of anything about them.

And I want to believe we can whupp'em.

So that explains why my knees are knockin'. What about Lovett's contention that lne by line we got'em.

Ottawa's lineup from last game day thread.

Hoffman-Zebanajed-Ryan
Michalek-Turris-Stone
Lazar-Pageau-Condra
Puempel- Legwand-Chiasson

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch- Ceci
Cowan- Borowieki

Hammond

So tell me Lovett's . How we out man them line by line. I really don't know much of anything about them.

And I want to believe we can whupp'em.

So that explains why my knees are knockin'. What about Lovett's contention that lne by line we got'em.

Defense-Habs. Senators have four kids on D that would be in the #6 spot on MTL.

Forwards-Draw. Senators ride a hot streak in propelling a very mediocre forward group ahead of an average one.

Goaltending-Habs

Coaching-Habs. MT vs a mid season replacement.

Special Teams-Draw

Is just too bad the Sens couldn't of found an easier opponent than Habs.

Oh well, they will get 2 home games and make bit of money.

Whistling through the cemetery Don?

I think Gallagher has to get right in Hammond's kitchen and set up shop. Literally, BG has to take a dump on the kitchen counter and smear it all over the crease.

Very graphic.

I agree with LM, Habs should win this series.

I think the Sens have peaked and are almost out of gas, whereas the Habs have been coasting. As a whole our D core is better, as is our forward core, and depth on both isn't even close.

Hope I am not eating words next week...