Gonchar, Weaver, and Malhotra won't be re-signed

dlbalr

Not breaking news by any stretch but it was interesting to see that Bergevin came out and confirmed that all three of them won't be offered contracts next year as part of his press conference today. He did note that they'd like to re-sign Mitchell if the price is right (keep in mind he made $2.5 M this year in actual salary so that's nowhere near a guarantee).

Also in small news today, Plekanec has headed back home to suit up for the Czechs for the final two games at the Worlds. They'll take on Canada tomorrow.

Also in small news today, Plekanec has headed back home to suit up for the Czechs for the final two games at the Worlds. They'll take on Canada tomorrow.

Hopefully he picks up where he left off in the playoffs. Too soon?

Mitchell would sure up the centers for us and should be a cost efficient fix.

Plex and Ovi both making it back in time for the medal round. It always makes me wonder. Price heading over to add a gold to his trophies? Just sayin...

I say two out of three of them retire. Weaver has a house down in Delray Beach, the next town South from me.

Well you should stop in and see him from tine to time. :)

I like Torrey Mitchell, but that he got a $2.5 million contract just shows what a basket case the Sabres are. I wouldn't sign him unless he accepts a significant pay cut.

What about Flynn? Will we be keeping him, do you think?

I like Torrey Mitchell, but that got a $2.5 million contract just shows what a basket case the Sabres are. I wouldn't sign him unless he accepts a significant pay cut.

Flynn is an RFA, so I would be surprised if he wasn't given a qualifying offer. I for one think he should have been playing ahead of de La Rose against Tampa

Flynn is an RFA, so I would be surprised if he wasn't given a qualifying offer. I for one think he should have been playing ahead of de La Rose against Tampa

Im sure Flynn will be re-signed. The only RH center on the team. Adds mega flexibility from the rafters. Able to play wings and has the mobility to not be a hindrance to the game plan.

Big question mark to me is Bournival. Time to move him or are they going to Tom Pyatt him.

Plex and Ovi both making it back in time for the medal round. It always makes me wonder. Price heading over to add a gold to his trophies? Just sayin...

There shouldn't be anything to wonder, really. Plekanec's performance isn't the sole reason why the Habs didn't play today, nor is Ovechkin's play the only reason the Rangers beat them. I have a lot of respect for the players who never say no (unless they're injured) to playing for their country which is where those two fit. Price isn't going though.

I like Torrey Mitchell, but that he got a $2.5 million contract just shows what a basket case the Sabres are. I wouldn't sign him unless he accepts a significant pay cut.

Blame Minnesota for giving him that wildly backloaded deal, nothing to do with Buffalo aside from the fact they had to take him back for salary matching reasons last season.

Flynn should be qualified at the very least. He's probably no more than a 12th/13th forward next year but cheap depth is always good to have.

There shouldn't be anything to wonder, really. Plekanec's performance isn't the sole reason why the Habs didn't play today, nor is Ovechkin's play the only reason the Rangers beat them. I have a lot of respect for the players who never say no (unless they're injured) to playing for their country which is where those two fit. Price isn't going though.

Blame Minnesota for giving him that wildly backloaded deal, nothing to do with Buffalo aside from the fact they had to take him back for salary matching reasons last season.

Flynn should be qualified at the very least. He's probably no more than a 12th/13th forward next year but cheap depth is always good to have.

So what amount would his qualifying offer be?