LWOS Habs Summer Prospect Report (Scouting Reports)

Commandant

Hey guys.... Brian said in the fantasy draft that I wasn't around enough, so I'll try to correct that.

Here is the TSP summer series report on the Habs.

Updated Scouting reports on 3 top prospects, plus a link to Juulsen's report, plus one sleeper scouting report, plus an overall top 10 ranking of the team's prospects

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/09/03/tsp-montreal-canadiens-prospects-2/

• Upvote 1

For Scherbak 1ppg & 27g, I think most would see as a bit of underachievement and I know I kinda hoped he would have a "Gallagher' 40 or so goal season (not a Galchenyuk type finish to CHL career but a biggish jump in production compared to Saskatoon).

Hey guys.... Brian said in the fantasy draft that I wasn't around enough, so I'll try to correct that.

I feel I should point out there were others that my comment was directed at as well. There are a few others in that pool that don't pop in here as often as we'd like as well. I'm glad you're going to try to be around more though.

OK, yes I should of only mentioned goals (27) as underachieving for hopefully an impact top six kid, when consider even a Crisp had 28.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen him take a bigger step forward in the goal department as well, especially since he was the go-to guy on that team.

Was Sherbak not put in more of a defensive role under Constantine though..

He played for a more defensive coach (and he made strides in that department) but he was still a front liner and their best offensive threat. 30+ goals was a reasonable expectation going into the season after coming off a 28 goal rookie campaign, and especially so since he didn't miss any time due to the WJC's. Don't get me wrong, he didn't have a bad year overall but I was disappointed that he didn't score more.

It seemed one game Scherbak would be really involved, all over the puck, carried the play and others pretty much 'invisible' out there and was the comment on Scherbak by WHL play by play guys, was that he is ultra-skilled but inconsistent and play away from puck needs work.

Whether inconsistent play can be simply attributed to youth and learning curve (on defensive side), or not we will see. It is just something that you couldn't say about Gallagher when he was with Vancouver (but he outworks most NHLers, so maybe not fair comparison).

But I still recall Timmins being quite excited about Scherbak & Galchenyuk having good chemistry last Sept.