Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - Alexander Semin
Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Dale Weise
Brian Flynn - Torrey Mitchell - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Alexei Emelin - Jeff Petry
Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert

Carey Price
Mike Condon

Injuries: Michael Bournival, Zack Kassian (SABH)

Scratches: Paul Byron, Greg Pateryn, Jarred Tinordi

Pittsburgh Penguins (0-2-0)

Projected Lineup

player_pit.gif

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist - Evgeni Malkin - David Perron
Sergei Plotnikov - Nick Bonino - Beau Bennett
Kevin Porter - Matt Cullen - Daniel Sprong

Ian Cole - Kris Letang
Olli Maatta - Ben Lovejoy
Rob Scuderi - Brian Dumoulin

Marc-Andre Fleury
Jeff Zatkoff

Injuries: Pascal Dupuis, Eric Fehr, Tom Kuhnhackl

Scratches: Adam Clendening, Tim Erixon, Bobby Farnham

14-15 Leaders Montreal Pittsburgh

Game Notes

Goals Pacioretty (37) Crosby/Malkin (28) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Subban (45) Crosby (56) National TV: N/A
Points Pacioretty (67) Crosby (84) Regional TV: RDS, City MTL, Root
PIMS Kassian (81) Letang (79) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Pacioretty (+38) Letang/Hornqvist (+12) French Radio: FM 98.5

I gotta say I like the way we've starting the season. We've never trailed in a game so far! True that we kinda took the foot off the gas in the 2nd period against Ottawa, but in the end, they did what was needed to win. Pittsburg has scored on e goal in 2 games...they're due to score a few, but let's hope Carey can close the door!

Interesting start to the season, looking forward to see how we stack up vs Pens.

I really like the lineup and the lines so far, and I feel that DD, Flash and Weise have been really good as a third line, and the fourth line is awesome!

Go Habs!

I think we have our work cut out for us tonite, but if we are awake in the first, get a jump on them, we can chase them out of the rink. Maybe Emelin could knock Kessel on his A$$, a few times. Semin scores tonite. You heard it here first. That line will get 6 points, 2 goals 4 assists. :hyper::gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

Hopefully Subban brings his 'A' game, works hard on defense and hopefully he isn't used on the PP.

I'm not sure about the idea of removing your most talented offensive player with the best shot from the powerplay, just because the other jackasses on his line can't think of anything to do other than pass to him.

Penguins have scored a grand total of one goal this season. Kessel unassisted. Habs Pens are always close games but these are not the Pens of old. Too top heavy. Very beatable club. Lost to the Coyotes and were shut out by Dallas.

GO HABS

So how is Subban's powerplay offense been doing for past three years? He has had more PP time than any other NHLer, collected some PP points but at cost of overall PP effectiveness.

Best shot? He cant hit broadside of barn most times and needs time to change sides with Markov to step up for it and if that isn't telegraphed and most expected set up in hockey, not sure what is?

What would it hurt to have Markov-Petry on 1st PP unit for a few times?

Cant get any less productive can it?

Penguins have scored a grand total of one goal this season. Kessel unassisted. Habs Pens are always close games but these are not the Pens of old. Too top heavy. Very beatable club. Lost to the Coyotes and were shut out by Dallas.

GO HABS

Those were road games though, should make a difference. I fee like Pittsburgh is a dangerous team at home. Cautiously optimistic but also have a weird vibe about this game. If we play like we have though it should be close or a win in our favor.

Can't imagine many other teams in the league playing 4 home openers in a season. Can't wait for our own!

Pleks in front of pens goalie screening on the Max goal. Great to see.

Semin,Eller,Chuck had a couple of great shifts. We go to powerplay why does coach replace Eler with DD? Other than Therriens well known man crush on 51, I can see no reason for it. ha! DD takes penalty, end of pp.

2 penalties and I don't know what either one was for. The first one was pushing softly, the second was whoops they ran into each other.

Noticed same

Malkin a big talented floater.

They had a couple of chances already. I've been impressed with Flynn again so far tonight in particular.

Loving this line and ice time MT is giving them. A decent fourth line is huge in todays game.

Malkin a big talented floater.

Loving this line and ice time MT is giving them. A decent fourth line is huge in todays game.

Think Malkin gets dealt this season, especially if Pens struggle out of the gate through the first six or seven weeks?