Feb. 5/6, Utica vs St. John's, 6 PM

dlbalr

icecaps-jersey-2-590x468.jpg

After finishing January on a losing note, the IceCaps (19-17-6-3) will look to start January off on a winning note as they host Utica (20-17-3-3) for a pair of games. St. John's sits tied for 4th in the division while the Comets are third and holding down the last playoff spot.

St. John's will be wearing the above uniforms for both games in honour of the pending 100th anniversary of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment.

14uti_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data.)

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - LaBate

Higgins - Hamilton - Bancks

Archibald - Zalewski - Grenier

Kenins - Friesen - Prust

Fedun - Sautner

Landry - Subban

Pedan - Shields

Bachman

15stj_500.gif

Hudon - Scherbak - Holloway

de la Rose - Dumont - McCarron

Bozon - MacMillan - Friberg

Bakker - Miceli - Ranger

Bartley - Ellis

Hanley - Lernout

Johnston - Dietz

Fucale

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST for both games, AM 930 has the call. Both games will also be on RDS on tape delay, 8 PM EST Friday and 7:30 PM Saturday.

Guest Stogey24

I guess they want to try him there. He has been at C the last two or three games. It never hurts to have more flexibility to play other positions.

Ya, I think it's a good idea

Whooo 5-2 loss!

:thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

dela Rose gets a late one

but both goals were on the PP 2-for -9 though, so had a ton of opportunities.

Sliding down the standings and farther out of playoffs...again.

Could this be last 3 months for both Therrien & Lefebvre as head coaches?

The start was ridiculous. Imagine seeing it live. It was legitimately 1-0 before I hardly knew the game started. It went downhill for another 15 minutes. From there the team actually didn't play too bad. If I could forget the first period I'd actually say they played well. I have no good about Fucale unfortunately. Not only did he let in 3 on 4-5 shots, they were mostly saveable. Chaulk it up to inexperience I guess.

Front row at the game ! Great start!...

Brian, any good way I can send pictures from an iPhone?

Loading via an attachment on here? That doesn't seem to work for many. I'd upload to an image hosting site, then link those pics here.

Some thoughts on the game yesterday.

- That second goal from Utica was laughably bad. Fucale is one of those players who needs to be confident in order to succeed. The first minute goal was a killer for that.

- Scherbak was better than the last time I saw him but he looks out of place at centre. For one, he's no good at faceoffs and by the end of the shift, he was usually hanging out on a wing anyway. Thankfully he was on the right side on power plays.

- I liked what I saw from Bozon. Naturally, he got demoted to the 4th line.

- There's never a dull moment in the defensive zone when Johnston's on the ice. He has strong offensive instincts but needs a ton of refinement in his own end.

- I was expecting a bit more from Friberg. As a player who has been a top point getter in the AHL before, he doesn't exactly wow you out there.

As it turns out, Gregoire is injured and not a healthy scratch.

- I liked what I saw from Bozon. Naturally, he got demoted to the 4th line.

This has happened in both games I saw in St John's... Coach must really hate him.

Once you're in Lefebvre's dog house, it's really, really hard to get out.