Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 9th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

I have to think this may be the most important game of the year for Montreal. Tampa is a team they are trying to catch and with 3 games remaining against Tampa including this game they are all must win games. Come on habs win this for your loyal fans. I don't care about lottery picks.

Big game-big game, gut-check time, do or die, season's on the line...

FUHGEDABOUIT!

Couple months too late to wake up and start playing like a real team that wants to play into May, so lottery pick it will be.

Anything good on the tele tonight? Hoping to see the Habs skate like they did against Edmonton or else this one is over in the 1st. I am still trying to figure out which is the real team. The one from the first 2 months or the second 2 months. Would the real Montreal Canadiens please stand up..... I think we should have won more than we did during the drought but not won as many as we did while on a roll, so probably somewhere in between.

Guest Stogey24

among all players in the NHL that have received over 100 minutes of ice time on the power play this season, Desharnais ranks 184th out of 189 for point production

We are going on a 20 game win streak. :clap::1banana::scared:

boy we really need that sarcasm thingy.

among all players in the NHL that have received over 100 minutes of ice time on the power play this season, Desharnais ranks 184th out of 189 for point production

And we can get WHAT for him? Oh yeah right the square root of Fork all.

What do we do if they actually win tonight? Do we celebrate and have hope again? With this group of forked up coachless pieces of shat I don't know. Could the actually come back and win 10 or 12 in a row? If they did, would that be enough? Can Le Genius forget bout the Scotch and the blender long enough to put lineups that make sense? Ahhhhh we probably get out ices kicked.

I'm still in low expectations mode but I get the feeling that this is the team the doctor would order us to play against If he wanted to see a good effort. No one can argue that there's a lot of reason to get up for a game against Tampa with everything that's happened in our recent history. The outcome is up for grabs.

A good period overall. Smith-Pelly didn't help himself with that late penalty and I'm not sure Beaulieu helped himself with his fight. That hit on Eller wasn't anything worth retaliating over, he was just looking for an excuse to drop them. That's not the mentality I want to see from a player coming back from a stint in the press box. ("The coach isn't happy with my play? I better fight, that might change their tune...")

A good period overall. Smith-Pelly didn't help himself with that late penalty and I'm not sure Beaulieu helped himself with his fight. That hit on Eller wasn't anything worth retaliating over, he was just looking for an excuse to drop them. That's not the mentality I want to see from a player coming back from a stint in the press box. ("The coach isn't happy with my play? I better fight, that might change their tune...")

I loved it....for the simple fact that a Habs player wasn't a complete pussy for a change. The hit on Eller wasn't all that bad, but it was a bit of Paquette 'running around' out there, and he was made to answer the bell for that. OK by me.

I loved it....for the simple fact that a Habs player wasn't a complete pussy for a change. The hit on Eller wasn't all that bad, but it was a bit of Paquette 'running around' out there, and he was made to answer the bell for that. OK by me.

I get what you're saying but how much could Paquette have run around? He played all of 30 seconds before the fight. He hit Eller...I don't think he really had enough time to do anything else.

4 top 6 players is all this team has.... who else do you put out on the PP?

What do we do if they actually win tonight? Do we celebrate and have hope again? With this group of forked up coachless pieces of shat I don't know. Could the actually come back and win 10 or 12 in a row? If they did, would that be enough? Can Le Genius forget bout the Scotch and the blender long enough to put lineups that make sense? Ahhhhh we probably get out ices kicked.

Its all about Price. If you tell me he'll be healthy for game one of the playoffs, I want to make the playoffs, even in 8th cause he can steal things.

If you tell me he's not coming back, i want to tank.

Except that that usually does impress coaches...?

Except that that usually does impress coaches...?

He wasn't benched for a lack of toughness though. And it's not like he really stood up for a teammate either as the hit on Eller was fine. It seems like Beaulieu decided he wanted to fight no matter what. I suspect Therrien and the coaches would prefer that he focus on the fundamentals in his own end instead as that's pretty much what he got benched for.

The Habs finally get a lucky bounce with the Smith-Pelly goal in the dying seconds of the period. That really changes the outlook of the game heading to the 3rd.