Game Thread | San Jose Vs. Montreal | 01/14/06

Spider-Man NL

sharks2200.gifvssmall2.gifmontreal200.gif

sharks250.gif20-16-5 : 45 Points (9th in the Western Conference)

montreal50.gif19-16-6 : 44 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

0473.gif# 31 Evgeni Nabokov (11-11-5), 2.87 GAAsharks250.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (2-3-1), 2.96 GAA 2311.gif

Sharks Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Higgns - Begin - Sundstrom

Murray - Ribeiro - Kostitsyn

d.jpg

Streit - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

4709_1.jpg

Huet_3939.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see if Gainey switches things up and plays Theo tonight...

Also would b interesting to see if he switches up the lines.

Anyways... as I just told Hannes...

Habs 6,

SJ 4

Habs will be down 4-3... but make a great come back w/ an empty netter. After the game, fans will talk about how Gainey should remain coach.

I can't wait to see what Bob does with the lines,

On my famous pizza scale of game importance this just turned into a 4 extra larger which is pretty important.

I'm thinking that Ribs will get lots of time on the ice and play well, as BG showcases him.

Look for great effort out of everyone, and Carbo is the man, special teams and faceoffs will reap the rewards of having Carbo.

Go Habs Go

I am now super excited for this game tonight and the rest of the season. New life has been blown into my Habs Fan Sails this morning as I woke to read the news.

Go habs Go

I hope they come out flying tonight maybe just play some of that fire wagon hockey they did earlier in the year and hopefully score a nice pile of goals on the Sharks.

of course I have good feeling and love carbo being back and gainey behind the bench.... but they just took the jobs today! OK, the boys know gainey, but if he wants to chang things its gonna take a second.

They dont even know carbo, I don't think his proximity automatically fixes problems.

Hopefully the boys work extra hard as the heads havce started to roll, but I don't necessarily see the style of play changing to much... expect system (at least out of the bottom lines)

Finally We shall see if it was GAINEY's doing: the Rook benching etc.. although lately after Perez left they have been playing more..

and To see Carbo back Hell Three habs 2 Captains and an Assistant and then Robinson makes the perfect combo!

OK back to the game! Were gonna get creamed Thornton sisters are gonna plaster our little guys and we gonna be down 4 nothing a the end of the 2 period

Gainey will dress Carb and Dougy for the third and will end up scoring in the wrong goal

Final score!

6 1

Why isn't Perezhogin playing with the Habs!!! Man that makes me mad...He shouldn't be playing with the Bulldogs right now. He should be playing on the second line!!

P.S - SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THIS GAME IS ON SRC!! DOES ANYONE KNOW??

Edited by habsfan88

Why isn't Perezhogin playing with the Habs!!! Man that makes me mad...He shouldn't be playing with the Bulldogs right now. He should be playing on the second line!!

P.S - SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THIS GAME IS ON SRC!! DOES ANYONE KNOW??

I'm sure it will be, so far every Saturday night game at 7pm Eastern in Montreal has been on SRC. I don't see why tonight would be any different.

Sharks are going down tonight. Begin will lay Thornton out on his first shift and set the tone for the game.

:ghg:

Vis-a-vis Perezhogin: His confidence was shattered so he probably won't be up with Montreal for a little while. He needs to rebuild himself and come back strong. Maybe it takes a couple of days knowing that Julien is gone, maybe it takes weeks or months, but right now, he needs plenty of playing time in a nurturing atmosphere rather than a pressure cooker situation as it is in Montreal.

I'm more curious to see a) what Gainey does with Ribeiro, and b ) how Ribs responds to all this. There is no way in hell Gainey puts up with the lack of effort that Ribsy has been giving, and in that light, he'll probably get a game or three to prove himself, and if it doesn't work out, he might be enjoying the coffee in Hamilton himself.

KOMI is going to bust Thortons Ribs tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teehee, you mean he'll take out Joe Thornton, Scott Thornton, and Mike Ribeiro all in one hit? I apologize to everyone who may have lost brain cells due to this post, but I couldn't resist. :D

I believe that Perez will be back soon, during the press conference Gainey did talk about Kosty and his improvement, but he also named Perez. Someone then asked him if Perez would be back, Gainey answered "not tonight, when he shows that he's ready". I believe that we will see the habs from the beginning of the season back on the ice. Maybe not right away, but next week it will already show. Puck possession and speed will be key and they both come with effort and how much you want the puck. Who's in a better position than Gainey and Carbo to fire them up?

Be ready to see the young guns play and score goals. It will be fun to watch.

I also hope that Gainey will play the ones that deserve to play and forget about their notority (not sure how to spell that sorry)

Come on corvina have some faith in Bob.

Flop that score 6-1 habs.

Oh forgot its Theo on net So its 6 1 with theo on net then its 9 1 when Huet gets on the third!

if you've read my other game posts you'd understand why I think my Habs are just gonna suck badlyy make us ashamed

Teehee, you mean he'll take out Joe Thornton, Scott Thornton, and Mike Ribeiro all in one hit? I apologize to everyone who may have lost brain cells due to this post, but I couldn't resist. :D

Well played, sir...