AS signs Milroy & Archer!

Habs77

According to an article in the Journal de Montréal Savard is in negotiations with Perezhogin, Milroy, Archer.

We have to sign Milroy & Archer or they become UFAs... while Perezhogin would still remain our property if unsigned, he'd simply spend one more year in Russia.

I hope we manage to sign all three.

AS hasn't started negotiations with Koivu & Markov yet... but that's normal since the deadline for signing our prospects is fast approaching while we have all summer to ink Koivu & Markov.

[Edited on 2003/5/29 by puck7x]

What about Shasby and Himelfarb (among others) ? I guess they are out of luck , no contracts for them.

Signing Archer/Milroy should be top priority before signing Perezhogin , since Perezhogin is a euro and we retain his rights even if we dont sign him this year.

If we fail to sign Milroy/Archer before the deadline they will re-enter the draft.

I like Andrew Archer much more than Ryder.

BTW, what happened to the puke smiley

:puke:

this one doesn't cut it

;)

:zzz:

and that one's too small

:mad:

and that one isn't angry enough. the flame was good.

:o

that one's ok...

how bout an australian smiley?

maybe a kangaroo, or a fair dinkum hat?

no? too much? fine

:-^ you too.

:lol:

< /smilies >

[Edited on 2003/5/27 by TheAussiePosse]

AS, it's time for you to pull a Sam Pollock and sign ALL the prospects and trade Brisebois, Dykhuis, Juneau, Dackell, Traverse, Audette and any other underachieving malcontent on the Habs to Minnesota for Gaborik, Mikko Koivu and Pierre-Marc Bouchard. If this is not done - and soon - I will be disappointed. ;):guru:

I imagine Savard has/will talk(ed) to Shasby, as our farm system likely will be depleted of d-men come next season. Shasby, at age 22, is eligible to become a free agent if not signed. As for Himelfarb, he had a lousy season and a horrible playoff, so I expect him to simply be let go.

We have to sign Milroy & Archer or they become UFAs... while Perezhogin would still remain our property if unsigned, he'd simply spend one more year in Russia.  

I hope we manage to sign all three.  

job done! Milroy and Archer have signed 3 years contracts. It's quite not surprising. AS didn'T had the choice to sign Milroy. I want to see him play for the Habs!

Probably like you said AS will wait 1 more year before signing Perezhogin, cause there's no hurry in his case. But it's sure there will be rooms in Hamilton.. i hope he sign there.. should be good for his development.

Originally posted by sakiqc

job done! Milroy and Archer have signed 3 years contracts. It's quite not surprising. AS didn'T had the choice to sign Milroy. I want to see him play for the Habs!

Probably like you said AS will wait 1 more year before signing Perezhogin, cause there's no hurry in his case. But it's sure there will be rooms in Hamilton.. i hope he sign there.. should be good for his development.

If I'm not mistaken Milroy & Archer had to be signed by June 1st.... while we have until June 15th or something to sign Perezhogin, if we intend to bring him over to NA right away.

So it's no surprise these 2 were signed first... AS is just following his calendar :)

:clap: Good news!

Now lets work on signing Perezhogin. AS obviously has his priorities in order and is following a calender (like habs77 said) ... Milroy/Archer were the two most important guys left to sign from the 2001 draft ...

Looks like Himelfarb is going to re-enter the draft.

Now lets get Perezhogin signed! (by June 15th!!!)