Habs are loving Price's performance

BCHabnut

Have a feeling he going to join the Habs soon if he keeps up playing like he did in the worlds juniors ... he performance was awesome! Very proud of him and happy he belong to the habs!

He'll be playing AHL hockey next season... and we could see him with the habs very soon. Very impressive kid; but lets not forget that goalies can take longer to develop than your average player... nevertheless I'm sure we can all agree he is not your average player. He's Canadien!

Go HABS Go!

Huge jump from Junior's to the AHL. Too much to expect to see him in Montreal anytime soon. He'll spend atleast 2 years in Hamilton, before making the jump. A very nice performance by him at the tournament, except for that shootout against the Americans. Was beaten easily on low blocker and glove off shots. Needs to work on that. Other than that, he was very solid.

Hope he does well. Though my biggest question is if Leland Irving was just as good? I know he was an outstanding player overall and one of the main factors they went with Price was "experience".

No clue why people think we will be seeing Price in Montreal anytime soon.

I'd be shocked to see him in the NHL anytime before 2010, but probably even longer. I dont expect to see him int he NHL until he is 23-24, or in 2012.

Dont forget the Habs have Huet for this year, + 2 more, and there is already a NHL ready player in Denis. I highly doubt the starting goalie position will be given to Price before its given to Denis. Denis will have to be on the top of his game though, or Price could very well surpass him, but I dont expect that to happen until the starting job is given to Denis in the first place. There is absolutely no need to rush Price at all.

I definitely agree though that Price looked great in the WJ's. I guess now we all know why the room went quiet when Bob selected him. :lol:

No clue why people think we will be seeing Price in Montreal anytime soon.

I'd be shocked to see him in the NHL anytime before 2010, but probably even longer. I dont expect to see him int he NHL until he is 23-24, or in 2012.

Dont forget the Habs have Huet for this year, + 2 more, and there is already a NHL ready player in Denis. I highly doubt the starting goalie position will be given to Price before its given to Denis. Denis will have to be on the top of his game though, or Price could very well surpass him, but I dont expect that to happen until the starting job is given to Denis in the first place. There is absolutely no need to rush Price at all.

I definitely agree though that Price looked great in the WJ's. I guess now we all know why the room went quiet when Bob selected him. :lol:

It's Danis, not Denis. Denis plays in Tampa Bay (actually, he sits more often lately). hehe.

Personally, I think that Price may be ready sooner than expected. That is, he will take longer to develop than most may think, but not as long as your average goalie would. He's a fast learner and I figure we could see him in a Habs' jersey when he's as young as 22. Don't want to rush him like Pittsburgh rushed Fleury though.

Don't forget about Halak, who really took the starting job in Hamilton from Danis. Danis has rebounded from a slow start, but both should be up for a good battle next season, with Price sliding nicely into Hamilton for a year or two. That's another thing that could come into play around the deadline. Having a good goaltending prospect that you can afford to move could be a key part of a deal for the second-line center if no internal changes work.

I don't think Danis has what it takes to be a NHL starter. It's not a good sign when you have such a miserable year in the AHL, but obviously there's still some time and he can turn it around
Halak and Price are the future, without a doubt. The writing is on the wall for Danis. He will sign elsewhere if they don't trade his rights before the season is over.

Halak and Price are the future, without a doubt. The writing is on the wall for Danis. He will sign elsewhere if they don't trade his rights before the season is over.

at this point, that's the way things look but keep in mind that things to change

GO :hlogo: GO!