Teemu Selanne

CBHabs_fan

Hey guys,

I'm a fairly long time viewer/member, but only a few posts thus far.

I just wanted to see if anybody else regrets that we didnt go after Selanne before last year, like I do...I mean, you gotta think he and Saks would be deadly right now on the PP...

Anybody else clench their teeth like I do every time you see the Finnish Flash score a beauty on Sportscentre?

Also, do you think if management had known that he would rebound like this it would be a no-brainer? ...and to think we probably could have had him for less than Samsonov :angry:

We did go after him. Seems his wife wanted to stay in California. At least that's what Pierre Mcguire said on Montreal radio. Sure would have been nice though, he wanted to play with Koivu before he retires.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....its all in the past and time too move past Teemu Selanne.

yes but still... DAMN woulda be HOT ! Go get a big Fins Go Get Jokinen Bob !!!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....its all in the past and time too move past Teemu Selanne.

Yah, obviously the team and fans alike have moved on, cuz it's in the past. But it's times like this when our offence is so impotent that have gotta bring out thoughts of what coulda been

Suffice it to say that our management has been drafting fairly well recently, but trades and signings (minus the Huet deal) have been a little off

We did go after him. Seems his wife wanted to stay in California. At least that's what Pierre Mcguire said on Montreal radio. Sure would have been nice though, he wanted to play with Koivu before he retires.

I think it had more to do with the Ducks, and their chances to win than anything else. Selanne didnt waste much time resigning with the Ducks. You have to remember the Ducks went really far in the playoffs a few years ago, and might have made the Stanley Cup finals last year too had they only gotten by Edmonton. Also, dont forget that the Ducks have not just 1, but 2 goalies that have the longest playoff shutout streak of all active goalies, not to mention they had one of the best D's in the NHL (now 2). Selanne probably knew they were getting Pronger before it happened (not many teams could afford Edm asking price), but who knows.

Unfortunately for us it wouldnt have made much sense for Selanne to have left the Ducks, a team he Captains, that is on the verge of winning the Cup.

What I'd like to know is: How long did Selanne resign with the Ducks for? It was only a 1 yr deal wasnt it? i.e. there might be some hope left yet. :hockey: