How's the weather near you?

Pierre the Great

I am, but you know, when we had no snow and cold during the Christmas holidays and suddenly it was mid January and still nothing, I shaved off my beard. Too soon, as it would turn out. :P

;)

Haha, I thought about shaving mine off so the skin on my face is nice and recovered by the time I line some interviews up. Then I figured as soon as I'd shave it cold get cold again. I was right, a week after considering shaving, it got so cold they cancelled school most of the week. Hooray for still having a natural scarf!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaving is overrated. Every time I do it I just end up regretting it. Sometimes you need a fresh start though; I'm not for trimming, I just let it grow wild and free and then when it's too shaggy I start over from scratch, so to speak.

Shaving is overrated. Every time I do it I just end up regretting it. Sometimes you need a fresh start though; I'm not for trimming, I just let it grow wild and free and then when it's too shaggy I start over from scratch, so to speak.

Back in school I trimmed it, well never. When I student tough, I trimmed once every couple weeks. Now that I'm getting paid, I trim about once a week. When students start asking me if I am Amish, that's when I know I really need a trim.

back on topic, february's been really cold so far... it wasn't too bad today but there was still a biting north wind...

the weather network predicts that it'll be below average for at least the next week or two...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Same here, you cant get away with a beard at a real job

what's a 'real job'?

i taught for many years with a beard...

what's a 'real job'?

kids must've though you were santa claus.

Edited by marky_and_komi

what's a 'real job'?

then you don't have a real job!

:o

*points*

you're a phony! a big, fat phony!

then you don't have a real job!

:o

*points*

you're a phony! a big, fat phony!

phony... hmmm............

ok......... but it certainly pays well...

eat poop, george bernard shaw...

oh, you can't... you're dead...

Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI: It was 0 fahrenheit the other day, -8 F with wind chill.

I don't know what that is centigrade. Sorry.

I have a great Dashboard Widget on my iMac, a converter.

0°F = 178,°C

-8°F = -22,2°C

This morning when I hoped on my bike to go to the university, the sky was clear and it was fairly cold. When I went back home at around lunch time it was cloudy and not as cold. It was cold this past weekend though; I went to the supermarket yesterday, and a biting wind was doing its best to turn me into a walking icicle. I can live with cold though as long as sky is clear and there is sunshine. I like that kind of weather.

We've had 15.5 cm's of snow fall today.

wow... an american using the metric system... getting ready for your move to canada, i suppose...

well, to return a favour (of sorts), i'll respond by using the other system.

if we've had 15.5 inches of snow at all so far this year, we've had a lot... :wacko:

i miss getting to use my winter toy - my little single stage 2-cycle toro snowblower :(:(

Of course why else? lol

Its -8 C with 50kph wind gusts and light snow -13 C wind chill

Fahrenheit blows giant mercury chunks

i think that poor german is too dead to blow anything... :o:wacko::P :lool: :lool: :lool:

lol nope people froze him and he's next to Ted Williams headless head in a lab in Arizona.... :lool:

yeah I'm just getting geared up for the future.

ted's a cryonaut? wow! he can only hope that he can hit a homer on this one also...