Game Thread | Atlanta vs. Montreal | 01/09/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per TSN:

Bonk is still out with a sore neck.

Lats returns to the first line. And the 3rd line will consist of Johnson Plekanec and Higgins.

I am glad Guy has noticed how poorly Higgins has been playing since his return. I wonder if Grabs is still playing on the second line or has Perez been promoted? If not the 4th line could be Perez, Lapierre and Streit?

Apparently Murray was placed on IR last week and will be taken off it tomorrow (for a wrist injury). Could this mean the Habs have given up on him and Downey who was a healthy scratch?

Finally Sportsnet is reporting that the Habs no longer have the flu.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=191502&hubname=nhl

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...109_133424_6268

Carbonneau could of used Downey instead of Lapierre or Grabovsky, and he didn't.... So I'm sure he's planning something, a test? Cause I sure wanna see more of Lapierre and Grabovsky.

damn right you do! ill take speed over grunt any time!

Kovalev doesn't pass, he usually keeps it to himself, and when he loses the puck, Samsonov is there to keep it too.... They don't seem to pass to eachother a lot, and Koivu and Kovalev have to different style of plays, I say leave the first line as it is, Koivu and Lats is much better then Koivu and Kovalev...

Kovalev doesn't pass, he usually keeps it to himself, and when he loses the puck, Samsonov is there to keep it too.... They don't seem to pass to eachother a lot, and Koivu and Kovalev have to different style of plays, I say leave the first line as it is, Koivu and Lats is much better then Koivu and Kovalev...

Why not have both? A line of Lats-Koivu-Kovalev sounds good to me, leaves some definite possiblities for the second line too, maybe try Grabs with Higgins and Ryder?

I'm masquerading as Guy Carbonneau tonight typing via satellite uplink. I have assumed this members' account. :P

Anyway, we'll try that on the powerplay :clap:

Come on Guy, just give it a couple games. Hell it worked in the 04 playoffs and that was with useless Zednik on the other wing!

Well...In my dream last night I was looking at the boxscore for this game.

After the first it was 3-0 Habs.

I only remember the first goal...Grabovski from Samsonov and Bouillon and it was within the first minute...like, 54 seconds in....

Go habs Go!

If Grabovski would have scored there I would have been a bit freaked out.