Colbert and O'Reilly

zumpano21

Apparently, these two are going to go "mano e mano" with appearances on each other's shows respectively. I can't wait for Colbert to lace into O'Reilly for millions of people to see. Colbert is much too quick-witted for O'Reilly to handle. Should be fun!

Apparently, these two are going to go "mano e mano" with appearances on each other's shows respectively. I can't wait for Colbert to lace into O'Reilly for millions of people to see. Colbert is much too quick-witted for O'Reilly to handle. Should be fun!

who the heck are they?

GO :hlogo: GO!

O'Reilly is a conservative talk show host who has a show on Fox. He's very pro-Bush, but a bit of a fraud. For while, he was the host of Inside Edition back in the 80s when those tabloid shows first started to become popular. He's had a bit of a dodgy career, bragging about a journalism award that some reports say he never actually won.

Colbert is basically doing O'Reilly's shtick on Comedy Central in satire. Whenever he does a piece referencing O'Reilly, he refers to him as Papa Bear. Very funny stuff. I'd rather see O'Reilly do The Daily Show than The Colbert Report.

I love Colbert.

And he has a hockey connection.

The Saganaw Spirit of the OHL had a naming contest for their new mascott and his fans vote bombed their web site and had the name Stegal Colbeagle the Eagle chosen.

He's [O'Reilly] very pro-Bush

He is a conservative, but I wouldn't label him as a Bush lover. My dad watches all the time so I have to hear it somewhat often, and I've heard him call out the president numerous times. He calls them like he sees him, he's just usually a bit of an ass about it and has a big ego. At least he's not as bad as Limbaugh. I do agree with both of them on a number of issues, but they carry themselves in such an arrogant and asshole-ish manner that I can't stand either of them.

is colbert really quick witted? Ive never seen him unscripted and his interviews are boring. He doesnt seem to be at letterman's level.

O'rielly defended Nazis and critized american troops during the second world war. Wished San Fransisco was blown up by terrorists and of course there are the tapes and threatening callers on his radio show.

If you're going to say stuff like that about someone, back it up. He's a very sarcastic guy, and people often take stuff out of context.

Bill O'Rielly and Malady it was all over the news I can't believe you don't remember this, Fox News covered up the transcripts and everything he never apologized.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606030002...t=20&show=1

Bill O'Rielly and San Fransisco:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10004302/

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../11/12/COIT.TMP

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...MNGFMFMNV41.DTL

Bill O'Rielly and Malady it was all over the news I can't believe you don't remember this, Fox News covered up the transcripts and everything he never apologized.

Actually, according to what I've found, he did say in a later show that he misspoke, that he meant US troops had killed German captives in retaliation for Malmedy. Also, he wrote an article a year earlier that detailed the whole incident correctly. That's hardly defending Nazis and bashing US soldiers.

Bill O'Rielly and San Fransisco:

Again, he never said he wanted San Francisco to be attacked by terrorists. He said that if San Francisco turned their backs on the government by not allowing military recruiting in public schools, that the government ought, in turn, turn its back on San Francisco. He simply used a terrorist attack as an example of something that wouldn't bother the government if San Fran turned its back on the government.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you all night, especially with you using a source that is basically at war with O'Reilly and anti-conservative. If I tried using a pro-conservative source, I'd be bashed for it. I don't know how I got dragged into this crap today. I kept out of politics here for a good long time and I liked it. Arguring politics here is simply not worth the hassle.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you all night, especially with you using a source that is basically at war with O'Reilly and anti-conservative. If I tried using a pro-conservative source, I'd be bashed for it. I don't know how I got dragged into this crap today. I kept out of politics here for a good long time and I liked it. Arguring politics here is simply not worth the hassle.

no kidding bud, I learned that long ago, best to just sit on the sidelines and make the kind of snarky comments one can make when one knows that one is totally right.

What I'm just stating facts. I've got more he accused the NYT of trying 'wipe white Christians off the map in favour for multiculturalism'

He never stops spewing hate. Its not funny and he gets away with every single time. And yet people believe every single word him Beck, Rush, Hannity, Savage, Coultard, Malkin, Ingraham and others say.

You want to blame somebody for polarizing the country then you've got to look no further then to these people.

What I'm just stating facts.

Like I said, I already debunked 2 of your so-called facts, so I'm not going to sit here all night and continue to do the same. You're using as a source a website whose entire goal is to find any sort of conservative bias and bash it. If I tried using a site like that with a conservative slant, you'd laugh me off the boards. Conservatives think the media is too liberal. Liberals think the media is too conservative. People bash the right all the time, people bash the left all the time. It's sad, but it's how things are in the crappy media. Very little news is objective anymore.

But my entire extended family listen to these people like its gospel and have so for years. They are freaking brainwashed.

My dad listens to Rush sometimes and watches O'Reilly every night, and he yells at O'Reilly almost as often as he yells at the guests who refuse to give straight answers and dance around tough questions. It's amazing how many people he interviews try to change the topic and not answer certain questions or back up what they say.

Toronto Media is super tame. That guy from CTV Robert Fife looked lost at the white house when harper was there for 5 seconds. And Harper has a hard time with Canadian media lol.

Europe is tougher then American media

Jeremy Paxman rules for example.

The french media is pretty tough from what I can gather from watching French newscasts.

The British make the Americans look like they throw softballs. And the Americans make the Canadian media look like it throws nerf balls.

Yeah thats pretty funny, but can we really call it quick witted? It was a very controlled and slow paced interview where he had notes.

here is a good example of letterman at work in a very akward situation where a drugged up, very rude & vulgar madonna was on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cRSP5ZUmxP8

"Is that a bathing cap" ahaha