Colbert and O'Reilly

zumpano21

Colbert and O'Reilly - ROUND 1

www.foxnews.com

O'Reilly shows his true colours. Colbert makes an ass of him. Beautiful.

We must have watched different clips. Colbert was certainly Colbert, but he hardly made an ass out him. And the same thing happened on Colbert's show. O'Reilly tried to play the role of foil, and attempted a few shots of his own, but it came off very, very lame.

Jon Stewart would stomped him a mudhole and walked it dry.

pretty much a letdown all around. O'reilly was really not funny... but colbert wasn't busting my gut either. It's amazing how much contempt o'reilly is able to display.

a bit funny when colbert made the luffa reference ("don't ask me about that thing that we agreed you wouldn't ask me about"). But mostly a waste of time.

I find that parodies are rarely funny when the parodized shows up. SNL tries to do this often and it usually busts. Like when Bush and Gore did their little intros on SNL and michael jordan on the superfans... I guess Janet Reno showing up on janet reno dance party wasnt so bad.

I was actually surprised that people thought Colbert was going to go at O'Reilly in the first place, because if they had seen The Colbert Report, they'd know he was basically satirizing O'Reilly by doing O'Reilly. Why break character for one show than fall right back into chacater the next show. Even O'Reilly's not dumb enough to fall for that.

Not impressed. Colbert's show was the funnier of the two, I guess.

Too much buildup and hype for it I guess.

Yes too much hype and Colbert was too much prepared. He's great when he improvises. He seemed a bit nervous too, which I found funny.

I don't know how many people watched that segment, but it was not only fot the sake of doing a joke to each other. Gotta look beyond the joke-thing and look at what they talked about and their own political agenda.

Like I said, I already debunked 2 of your so-called facts, so I'm not going to sit here all night and continue to do the same. You're using as a source a website whose entire goal is to find any sort of conservative bias and bash it. If I tried using a site like that with a conservative slant, you'd laugh me off the boards. Conservatives think the media is too liberal. Liberals think the media is too conservative. People bash the right all the time, people bash the left all the time. It's sad, but it's how things are in the crappy media. Very little news is objective anymore.

I hate to disagree, but that is the way it is in the States.

Peeps, polishitians and media don't bash the point they bash the peeps reprezenting them.

This is a REAL BAD example of democrasy :puke: .